Eczema, dandruff, spots! Could taking Pansterone or Cortinon exacerbate the problem?

K2000

Hi, ever since birth, I've had eczema, particularly on my hands, and whilst it's not bad these days, it's still there. I also get flaky skin on my head and small, hard spots, out of which I can squeeze a solid, yellow-white substance (sometimes looks like sesame seeds and others, a bit softer and more string-like) on my back, face, and shoulders.

Any tips for helping with any of the above would be hugely appreciated! Sometimes, the sunshine helps, but I live in Scotland, so that's not always an option! Could taking Pansterone or Cortinon exacerbate the problem?

I saw this on a site where Ray Peat's e-mail responses are posted on different subjects and here is what he said about an eczema question.

"Is he getting enough calcium? Liver and thyroid would be better than trying to use separate vitamins---vitamin A deficiency is the most likely, but some B vitamins could be involved, and a vitamin A supplement can increase the need for thyroid hormone, which is increased anyway during the winter."

Dr. B

Hi, ever since birth, I've had eczema, particularly on my hands, and whilst it's not bad these days, it's still there. I also get flaky skin on my head and small, hard spots, out of which I can squeeze a solid, yellow-white substance (sometimes looks like sesame seeds and others, a bit softer and more string-like) on my back, face, and shoulders.

Any tips for helping with any of the above would be hugely appreciated! Sometimes, the sunshine helps, but I live in Scotland, so that's not always an option! Could taking Pansterone or Cortinon exacerbate the problem?
I saw this on a site where Ray Peat's e-mail responses are posted on different subjects and here is what he said about an eczema question.

"Is he getting enough calcium? Liver and thyroid would be better than trying to use separate vitamins---vitamin A deficiency is the most likely, but some B vitamins could be involved, and a vitamin A supplement can increase the need for thyroid hormone, which is increased anyway during the winter."

maybe cortisol inhibitors can cause something like exzema, isnt cortisol used topically to treat it?

jerico99

One thing I notice is that liver stimulants like kutki or other bitters that increase bile flow tend to improve skin for me. It seems that the skin conditions are a symptom of detoxing fatty acids through the skin rather than breaking them down with bile salts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom