When should I eat my fat,

AndrogenicJB

I have heard information about the negative effects of free fatty acids and also mixing carbs and fats causing insulin resistance via the randle cycle. My fat intake is 76 grams and my carb intake 450 grams. I normally have a big breakfast consisting of carbs fat and protein altogether with carbs in the highest amount. I also like to take my fat soluble vitamins with this meal as it is convenient and has decent amount of fat in it. Will doing this cause insulin resistance or increase free fatty acids, would taking niacinamide be counter productive to the positive effects of the sat fat with the meal. Thanks

dukesbobby777

I think RP recommended previously to take more of the fats towards the latter part of the day. So consuming the carbs and protein more towards the morning/afternoon times.

Some ppl here may have mentioned that taking niacinamide alongside the fats and carbs can potentially result in weight gain. So taking niacinamide alongside your protein and carbs should hopefully help the utilization of those sugars. Bringing fat into the mix upsets that flow from what I understand.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

I think RP recommended previously to take more of the fats towards the latter part of the day. So consuming the carbs and protein more towards the morning/afternoon times.

Some ppl here may have mentioned that taking niacinamide alongside the fats and carbs can potentially result in weight gain. So taking niacinamide alongside your protein and carbs should hopefully help the utilization of those sugars. Bringing fat into the mix upsets that flow from what I understand.
I normally take my fat solubles in the morning though, I can't take d3 at night obviously. What do your reccomend I do

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

I am also trying to gain wieght (muscle) not lose weight

meatbag

If you're not gaining bodyfat your fat intake probably isn't a big deal. You just want to mkae sure the fat you're eating is low-PUFA
1618010382705.png

PUFA Accumulation & Aging – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

I personally don't think it matters but I think there's a thread about it
Do you think if I were to eat a meal of predominantly carbs but also protein and sat fat taking niacinamide would be counter productive to the benefits of sat fat since it lowers free fatty acids

meatbag

Do you think if I were to eat a meal of predominantly carbs but also protein and sat fat taking niacinamide would be counter productive to the benefits of sat fat since it lowers free fatty acids
Niacinamide has other benfits like lowering the oxidation of the fatty acids, increasing pool of NAD, gaba, etc.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Niacinamide has other benfits like lowering the oxidation of the fatty acids, increasing pool of NAD, gaba, etc.
So it therefore shouldn't be problematic to take it with a meal of sat fat protein and high carb?

meatbag

So it therefore shouldn't be problematic to take it with a meal of sat fat protein and high carb?
Shouldn't be a problem, you want free fatty acids and fatty acid oxidation to be minimal no matter what. I think it would just decrease excessive fatty acid oxidation, it shouldn't interfere with any beneficial effects of saturated fatty acids
-
"There is a growing recognition that a persistent increase of free fatty acids in the serum, which is seen in shock, heart failure, and aging, indicates a bad prognosis, but there is no generally recognized explanation for the fact that free fatty acids are harmful."

"Although cells make the saturated fats that participate in those basic functions, the high rate of metabolism means that some of the lipids will quickly reflect in their structure the free fatty acids that circulate in the blood. The fats in the blood reflect the individual's diet history, but recently eaten fats can appear in the serum as free fatty acids, if the liver isn't able to convert them into triglycerides."

"Stress (which increases free fatty acids and lowers cell energy) makes cells more permeable, admitting a broader range of substances, including those that are less lipophilic. "

"In good health, especially in children, the stress hormones are produced only in the amount needed, because of negative feedback from the free saturated fatty acids, which inhibit the production of adrenalin and adrenal steroids, and eating protein and carbohydrate will quickly end the stress. But when the fat stores contain mainly PUFA, the free fatty acids in the serum will be mostly linoleic acid and arachidonic acid, and smaller amounts of other unsaturated fatty acids. These PUFA stimulate the stress hormones, ACTH, cortisol, adrenaline, glucagon, and prolactin, which increase lipolysis, producing more fatty acids in a vicious circle. In the relative absence of PUFA, the stress reaction is self limiting, but under the influence of PUFA, the stress response becomes self-amplifying.

When stress is very intense, as in trauma or sepsis, the reaction of liberating fatty acids can become dangerously counter-productive, producing the state of shock. In shock, the liberation of free fatty acids interferes with the use of glucose for energy and causes cells to take up water and calcium (depleting blood volume and reducing circulation) and to leak ATP, enzymes, and other cell contents (Boudreault and Grygorczyk, 2008; Wolfe, et al., 1983; Selzner, et al, 2004; van der Wijk, 2003), in something like a systemic inflammatory state (Fabiano, et al., 2008) often leading to death. "
Fats, functions and malfunctions.
-
"Niacinamide is a nutrient that inhibits the release of fatty acids, and it also activates phagocytic activity and lowers phosphate. It protects against the development of scars in spinal cord injuries, facilitates recovery from traumatic brain injury, and accelerates healing generally. While it generally supports immunity, it’s protective against autoimmunity. It can cause tumor cells to either mature or disintegrate, but it prolongs the replicative life of cultured cells, and protects against excitotoxicity."

"Saturated fats activate the pyruvate dehydrogenase enzyme that is essential for the efficient use of glucose, while PUFA block it."
Regeneration and degeneration - Types of inflammation change with aging
-
"Keeping the stored unsaturated fats from circulating in the blood is helpful, since it takes years to eliminate them from the tissues after the diet has changed. Niacinamide inhibits lipolysis."
Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals