How to practically apply the Randle “cycle” to food combining?

Sapien

in other words, how much fat per meal is too much and causes carbs to be wasted as lactic acid? I have heard different opinions on this in the community: some on here will go so far as to say the combining of the two is causing obesity ; but ray eats haagan daas etc.

not really sure how to navigate the randle cycle in my meals: I am low body fat and don’t mind adding a few extra pounds of fat; if I add good amount of fat to my meals (whole milk instead of skim etc) would the fat get stored and the carbs preferentially oxidized as long as I am in good state of health? Would FAO inhibitors such as niacinimide and aspirin help mitigate the concern of carbs being wasted as lactic acid?

in other words, how much fat per meal is too much and causes carbs to be wasted as lactic acid? I have heard different opinions on this in the community: some on here will go so far as to say the combining of the two is causing obesity ; but ray eats haagan daas etc.

not really sure how to navigate the randle cycle in my meals: I am low body fat and don’t mind adding a few extra pounds of fat; if I add good amount of fat to my meals (whole milk instead of skim etc) would the fat get stored and the carbs preferentially oxidized as long as I am in good state of health? Would FAO inhibitors such as niacinimide and aspirin help mitigate the concern of carbs being wasted as lactic acid?
RP gave up regular ice cream years ago because he said it was too fattening and then started making his own with coconut oil. He said ice cream is good for people who need to put on weight, not maintain or lose weight. I could get away with eating Haagen Daz coffee ice cream and maintain my weight, but not the other flavors.

Fletcher

I know Georgi said on a podcast he limited fat to 15% of daily calorie intake and avoided PUFAs as much as possible in order to lose fat. If you keep fat that low ice cream is pretty much off the menu :arghh: Cowseatgrass has said that fat stored from sugar / saturated fat intake is very healthy and nothing to worry about. FAO inhibitors like aspirin seem like a good idea. Georgi mentions taking as much as 6g per day for 2 weeks to help insulin sensitivity in this thread The Fatty Acid Syndrome (Randle Cycle)

OP
Sapien

Sapien

RP gave up regular ice cream years ago because he said it was too fattening and then started making his own with coconut oil. He said ice cream is good for people who need to put on weight, not maintain or lose weight.
I actually don’t mind putting on weight, my concern was I heard that fat can block the usage of carbs and thus they get wasted as lactic acid.

OP
Sapien

Sapien

I wouldn't recommend adding fat to gain weight. If you begin a workout regimen, you can maintain BMI and gain lean muscle
Good point. I never understood the concept of “bulking” as taught by fitness influencers. Like why would adding fat help me build muscle faster lol

OP
Sapien

Sapien

Cowseatgrass has said that fat stored from sugar / saturated fat intake is very healthy and nothing to worry about
Yes, I think it’s due to the difference between subcutaneous and visceral fat (pufa) if I remember correctly?