Danny Roddy Says Randle Cycle Exists Even In The Presence Of An Excess Of Saturated Fats

CLASH

@key
You very obviously havent spent alot of time with the info or with experimentation. I’ll be more than happy to have a conversation with you in a few months when you move past the dogma.

Cirion

upload_2019-5-31_9-11-44.png

CLASH

Haha we all go through it. I have definetly been there myself. I wanted dairy to work for me pretty bad.. spent 2 years trying to make it work, thats 1/12 of my life. 1/4 if you consider the years I was actually rationally aware and concious...

Cirion

Haha we all go through it. I have definetly been there myself. I wanted dairy to work for me pretty bad.. spent 2 years trying to make it work, thats 1/12 of my life. 1/4 if you consider the years I was actually rationally aware and concious...

Same man. I was absolutely CONVINCED that calcium was the one ring to rule them all so to speak. I still think calcium probably matters, but not to the degree I thought it did before, so I am planning to experiment with some eggshell calcium.

key

I'm not saying milk can't make you fat. But the blanket statement milk makes you fat is like saying food makes you fat. Uhh duh lol.

CLASH

@key
Where was it said that milk makes you fat?
From what I see, atleast from what I posted, all that was said was that milk can make you gain weight.

key

Yeah youre right man. I still think you're off base and I felt like kicking up some dirt haha. I personally drink more milk than probably anyone on this forum consistently for close to 10 years I've about ray peat. I'm skinny AF. But yeah I think milk can make you gain weight too just like every other food source with significant calories.

CLASH

@key
I’m perfectly willing to admit that milk works for many people. My good friend drinks 1/2 a gallon a day with no issue. I’m just trying to provide a narrative that milk MAY not work for people if they are having issues with it but scared to stop doing it for fear that they will age rapidly because of thier poor calcium: phopshorus ratio or something along those lines. I have been there myself. I am also trying to provide possible reasons as to why. Thats why i wont say that milk WILL make you fat or that people can never tolerate milk. Some people who dont tolerate it now, may tolerate it later after they change something in thier context like antibiotics or thyroid or what have you. I really have no idea. Just putting the option out there, I know when I see someone else trying something it releives some of the fear in my mind about trying it, even if thats not a rational/ logical basis lol.

I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again, so I try to keep my language precise to avoid creating false narratives for people. I’m still learning as the info evolves over time.
Besides kicking up dirt stimulates conversation, I’m cool with it for sure.

Cirion

I think it boils down to digestive capability at this point. Milk takes a strong digestion system to handle due to its high liquid content in particular. Danny Roddy had to take antibiotics to handle milk, as have many other members here. Others have found they could handle milk after lots of thyroid or caffeine. I am losing interest in relying on supplements, so I'd prefer to stick to foods I can digest without going through mental/supplemental gymnastics to make something work, and that's more sustainable long term anyway. There is nothing to say that later once I get healthier that maybe my digestion could improve and maybe I CAN handle milk, but I'm not gonna stress it.

jyb

I think it boils down to digestive capability at this point. Milk takes a strong digestion system to handle due to its high liquid content in particular.

I think milk is poorly digestible but that has nothing to do with the lipid. I believe this is a misconception - I really encourage you to experiment as it can be counter-intuitive the way we've been taught. Dairy double cream is the most digestible food I know of. If I were sick and my stomach were barely functioning, I would make sure to get most of my calories from pure cream, which is actually what I do everyday anyway.

CLASH

@Luming Zhou
I dont have issues with lactose at all actually. I’m lactase persistent genetically. I get none of the symptoms of lactose intolerance. My mother is of northern european decent.

As for sucrose, I think everyone will find issues with long term refined sucrose ingestion. I dont think its specific to me. I tested it out for around 6 months drinking 2L of sucrose based soda a day. I was ok with that for a while. I have an article on a blog i just started on why I think its an issue:
Refinement and Bacterial Overgrowth; “Its the anti-oxidants bro”

Gone Peating

@Luming Zhou
I dont have issues with lactose at all actually. I’m lactase persistent genetically. I get none of the symptoms of lactose intolerance. My mother is of northern european decent.

As for sucrose, I think everyone will find issues with long term refined sucrose ingestion. I dont think its specific to me. I tested it out for around 6 months drinking 2L of sucrose based soda a day. I was ok with that for a while. I have an article on a blog i just started on why I think its an issue:
Refinement and Bacterial Overgrowth; “Its the anti-oxidants bro”

2L is also a lot, especially from soda which has almost no mineral content. I think it's a different story when you are addingi sugar/honey/maple syrup to milk,coffee,chocolate,etc

CLASH

@Gone Peating
Hard to say. I think honey can cause issues for a few reasons. I added sugar to my milk and oj when I first started. I still had some issues with it, but hard to tell if it wasnt the oj or milk itself.

berk

As for a recap of what I am saying:

-Grains will make you fat.
-Starches, especially refined and fortified, can make you fat.
-Granulated sugar can make you gain fat.
-Dairy can make you gain fat.
-Vegetable oil can make you fat.
-nuts and seeds can make you fat.
-excess linoleic acid can make you fat

-Coconut oil wont make you fat
-beef tallow wont make you fat
-Most fruits wont make you fat
-most vegetables wont make you fat (goitrogenic varieties aside of course)
-Protein from animal sources including specific seafood and ruminants wont make you fat. Chicken, turkey and pork wont even make you fat
in what category go's egg yolks, dairy or meat?

and you talk about a kcal restriction diet i guess?
everything in a surplus kcal makes a person fat.
you can't eating unlimited food from your wont-make-you-fat list without gaining fat.

Last edited:

CLASH

in what category go's egg yolks, dairy or meat?

and you talk about a kcal restriction diet i guess?
everything in a surplus kcal makes a person fat.
you can't eating unlimited food from your wont-make-you-fat list without gaining fat.

Your answer to the first question is in the post you quoted.

No I'm not talking about caloric restriction. Getting into a surplus involves more than just eating a lot of calories. The generally understood idea of calories in calories out is not physiologic reality in my opinion.

I never made any statements as to eating unlimited amounts of food.

berk

No I'm not talking about caloric restriction. Getting into a surplus involves more than just eating a lot of calories. The generally understood idea of calories in calories out is not physiologic reality in my opinion.

I never made any statements as to eating unlimited amounts of food.
Now its looks like that you are saying that if someone a stupid amount of kcal (like 10.000 kcal) from only
Coconut oil, beef tallow, fruits, vegetables and protein from animal sources eat,
that doesn't make him/her fat.

Last edited:

YourUniverse

Now its looks like that you are saying that if someone a stupid amount of kcal (like 10.000 kcal) from only
Coconut oil, beef tallow, fruits, vegetables and protein from animal sources eat,
that doesn't make him/her fat.
Your listed foods are extremely satiating, good luck eating 10k calories over any extended period of time

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals