Inhibiting lipolysis may treat diabetes

haidut

Forum Supporter
Probably nothing surprising to my readers, but I think the study below is still important as it is one of the very few that openly state that diabetes is driven not by genetics but by excessive free fatty acids in the blood. While it does not mention it directly, the study is a great corroboration of the Randle Cycle. It also corroborates the usage of anti-lipolytic chemicals like aspirin, niacinamide, vitamin E, etc for the treatment of diabetes, despite most endocrinologists scoffing at that pathway and focusing instead on lowering blood glucose directly, which is known to increase all-cause mortality.

DEFINE_ME

"...The study, which was published in Cell Metabolism on January 4, 2022, shows that a hormone called FGF1 regulates blood glucose by inhibiting fat breakdown (lipolysis). Like insulin, FGF1 controls blood glucose by inhibiting lipolysis, but the two hormones do so in different ways. Importantly, this difference could enable FGF1 to be used to safely and successfully lower blood glucose in people who suffer from insulin resistance."
"...When we eat, energy-rich fats and glucose enter the bloodstream. Insulin normally shuttles these nutrients to cells in muscles and fat tissue, where they are either used immediately or stored for later use. In people with insulin resistance, glucose is not efficiently removed from the blood, and higher lipolysis increases the fatty acid levels. These extra fatty acids accelerate glucose production from the liver, compounding the already high glucose levels. Moreover, fatty acids accumulate in organs, exacerbating the insulin resistance—characteristics of diabetes and obesity. Previously, the lab showed that injecting FGF1 dramatically lowered blood glucose in mice and that chronic FGF1 treatment relieved insulin resistance. But how it worked remained a mystery. In the current work, the team investigated the mechanisms behind these phenomena and how they were linked. First, they showed that FGF1 suppresses lipolysis, as insulin does. Then they showed that FGF1 regulates the production of glucose in the liver, as insulin does. These similarities led the group to wonder if FGF1 and insulin use the same signaling (communication) pathways to regulate blood glucose. It was already known that insulin suppresses lipolysis through PDE3B, an enzyme that initiates a signaling pathway, so the team tested a full array of similar enzymes, with PDE3B at the top of their list. They were surprised to find that FGF1 uses a different pathway—PDE4."

IROM

CohBar Laboratories has produced mitochondrial peptide sequences which allegedly do this.

ddjd

Probably nothing surprising to my readers, but I think the study below is still important as it is one of the very few that openly state that diabetes is driven not by genetics but by excessive free fatty acids in the blood. While it does not mention it directly, the study is a great corroboration of the Randle Cycle. It also corroborates the usage of anti-lipolytic chemicals like aspirin, niacinamide, vitamin E, etc for the treatment of diabetes, despite most endocrinologists scoffing at that pathway and focusing instead on lowering blood glucose directly, which is known to increase all-cause mortality.

DEFINE_ME

"...The study, which was published in Cell Metabolism on January 4, 2022, shows that a hormone called FGF1 regulates blood glucose by inhibiting fat breakdown (lipolysis). Like insulin, FGF1 controls blood glucose by inhibiting lipolysis, but the two hormones do so in different ways. Importantly, this difference could enable FGF1 to be used to safely and successfully lower blood glucose in people who suffer from insulin resistance."
"...When we eat, energy-rich fats and glucose enter the bloodstream. Insulin normally shuttles these nutrients to cells in muscles and fat tissue, where they are either used immediately or stored for later use. In people with insulin resistance, glucose is not efficiently removed from the blood, and higher lipolysis increases the fatty acid levels. These extra fatty acids accelerate glucose production from the liver, compounding the already high glucose levels. Moreover, fatty acids accumulate in organs, exacerbating the insulin resistance—characteristics of diabetes and obesity. Previously, the lab showed that injecting FGF1 dramatically lowered blood glucose in mice and that chronic FGF1 treatment relieved insulin resistance. But how it worked remained a mystery. In the current work, the team investigated the mechanisms behind these phenomena and how they were linked. First, they showed that FGF1 suppresses lipolysis, as insulin does. Then they showed that FGF1 regulates the production of glucose in the liver, as insulin does. These similarities led the group to wonder if FGF1 and insulin use the same signaling (communication) pathways to regulate blood glucose. It was already known that insulin suppresses lipolysis through PDE3B, an enzyme that initiates a signaling pathway, so the team tested a full array of similar enzymes, with PDE3B at the top of their list. They were surprised to find that FGF1 uses a different pathway—PDE4."

View: https://twitter.com/Liberty25777608/status/1487133871883767809?t=628pdJditEVbCGjOoDi4BA&s=19

I've had very good experiences with people inhibiting lipolysis, eating a high carb low fat diet, and recovering from type 2 diabetes.

Ledo

I've had very good experiences with people inhibiting lipolysis, eating a high carb low fat diet, and recovering from type 2 diabetes.

Would you please tell what macro percentages carb/protein/fat you consider high carb, low fat for this context?

Thank you.

Jon2547

Would you please tell what macro percentages carb/protein/fat you consider high carb, low fat for this context?

Thank you.
I'm interested as well.

DEFINE_ME

Have you looked into citus bioflavonoids as a way to tackle fatty acids? I am on a regimen of using them and it does lower fatty acid and blood sugar.

golder

Do any of the flavones in the typical Citrus Bergamot products have a potentially estrogenic effect?

Do any of the flavones in the typical Citrus Bergamot products have a potentially estrogenic effect?
I personally don’t know. But they are supposed to be good for blood sugar levels and for lowering fatty acids.

I think the flavonoids work like a type of astringent/detergent in the body. That’s my impression. It’s good for thinning the blood.

J.R.K

This does throw a bit of a curveball into the typical discussions around type two diabetes. Wherein the usual culprits now have a possible new cause to be taken into consideration.
I have a friend that was borderline diabetic last year, she also has high blood pressure being treated with an ACE inhibitor for ten years, with a glucocorticoid to control asthma. She was fully vaccinated last year and has just recently been diagnosed as diabetic, as well she has been peri menopausal for awhile now.
She now is taking Metformin, so this is like watching a bad movie where you think you know what is going to happen and how to help. But then a new character enters the plot and you don’t know for sure if what you thought would work before will be effective or make things worse.

Lollipop2

This does throw a bit of a curveball into the typical discussions around type two diabetes. Wherein the usual culprits now have a possible new cause to be taken into consideration.
I have a friend that was borderline diabetic last year, she also has high blood pressure being treated with an ACE inhibitor for ten years, with a glucocorticoid to control asthma. She was fully vaccinated last year and has just recently been diagnosed as diabetic, as well she has been peri menopausal for awhile now.
She now is taking Metformin, so this is like watching a bad movie where you think you know what is going to happen and how to help. But then a new character enters the plot and you don’t know for sure if what you thought would work before will be effective or make things worse.
So sad really. I can’t imagine being on all those meds. How could someone function?

J.R.K

So sad really. I can’t imagine being on all those meds. How could someone function?
In a nutshell from what I have observed and experienced.
Chronic neck and shoulder pain, low energy, anxiety, depression, periodically extreme happiness. A tendency to blame problems on other people, or just give up on a task that proves to be overwhelming and walk away in anger or frustration (what I would consider to be learned helplessness). Jealousy and anger when her spouse converses with other females.
I have forgotten that she mentioned that she has a prescription for an SSRI for the depression.
The irony is that these meds in her opinion are, “lifesaving” (her words) so it is difficult to even mention the question. So which of these symptoms are the core base problem and which are side effects?
In all of this though I still think that some basic things such as progesterone, niacinamide, thiamine and thyroid, introduced individually to see the effects would be beneficial and safer, but I cannot say if there would be any contraindications.
That being said though, with hypertension and diabetes being in the mix, even suggesting a simple thing such as salt, orange juice or milk and sugar would be a tough sell, given that any rise in blood sugar or blood pressure equates to deaths cold boney hand knocking on her door.

J.R.K

Chronic neck and shoulder pain, low energy, anxiety, depression, periodically extreme happiness. A tendency to blame problems on other people, or just give up on a task that proves to be overwhelming and walk away in anger or frustration (what I would consider to be learned helplessness). Jealousy and anger when her spouse converses with other females.
I have forgotten that she mentioned that she has a prescription for an SSRI for the depression.
The irony is that these meds in her opinion are, “lifesaving” (her words) so it is difficult to even mention the question. So which of these symptoms are the core base problem and which are side effects?
In all of this though I still think that some basic things such as progesterone, niacinamide, thiamine and thyroid, introduced individually to see the effects would be beneficial and safer, but I cannot say if there would be any contraindications.
That being said though, with hypertension and diabetes being in the mix, even suggesting a simple thing such as salt, orange juice or milk and sugar would be a tough sell, given that any rise in blood sugar or blood pressure equates to deaths cold boney hand knocking on her door.

Lollipop2

? Sounds completely lost and not at all thriving.

10 - 15% of fat from calories. No more. 1% milk, well cooked white rice, fruit juices, small portions of muscle meat, some liver and/or oysters...

Due to the Randle Cycle, you are going to begin burning more sugar.

Now, with some inhibition of lipolysis through using niacinamide or aspirin or pyrocet (perhaps the best one) you can completely overcome T2DM and in a few months be completely cured.

Bodrum

10 - 15% of fat from calories. No more. 1% milk, well cooked white rice, fruit juices, small portions of muscle meat, some liver and/or oysters...

Due to the Randle Cycle, you are going to begin burning more sugar.

Now, with some inhibition of lipolysis through using niacinamide or aspirin or pyrocet (perhaps the best one) you can completely overcome T2DM and in a few months be completely cured.
Thank you.
After being a strict carnivore for 2 1/2 years a year ago I ran into Ray, Giorgi and Danny and changed the way I eat.. I think I have overdone it withput having deep knowledge about whats going on... and got so much fat in my diet and I believe because of Randle cycle I gained a lot of belly fat. I dont have T2DM, but seem to be gaining... as far as I know now I should not try to loose wait, keep eating the way you describe, workout some with weights and let my body slowly come to a hormonal balance and get rid of the fat slowly, not to contribute to aging and disease... do you agree on that? And could you please lead me to some threads or info or tell me what to search to go the right direction.. thanks ??

Thank you.
After being a strict carnivore for 2 1/2 years a year ago I ran into Ray, Giorgi and Danny and changed the way I eat.. I think I have overdone it withput having deep knowledge about whats going on... and got so much fat in my diet and I believe because of Randle cycle I gained a lot of belly fat. I dont have T2DM, but seem to be gaining... as far as I know now I should not try to loose wait, keep eating the way you describe, workout some with weights and let my body slowly come to a hormonal balance and get rid of the fat slowly, not to contribute to aging and disease... do you agree on that? And could you please lead me to some threads or info or tell me what to search to go the right direction.. thanks ??
I don’t agree with that. I think you should cut calories and lose fat. The common mistake is to eat fat and lots of sugar and this causes people to gain especially as their metabolic rate is still low.

You can search around, as I don’t have time to look up threads, and good luck to you.

Abmartich

DEFINE_ME

DEFINE_ME

What I have noticed is that when I eat a low carbohydrate diet my body becomes more sensitive to foods that contain sugar. even Coca-Cola tastes different to me and I feel that my body gets more out of it in metabolic terms. Perhaps the body regulates sensitivity based on those foods eaten. Maybe that's why I feel that the fewer carbohydrates I eat, the more sensitive my body becomes and once I include them in the diet, my body gets more out of them, making me feel more energetic.