Danny Roddy Says Randle Cycle Exists Even In The Presence Of An Excess Of Saturated Fats

berk

Your listed foods are extremely satiating, good luck eating 10k calories over any extended period of time
trust me, if protein not exceed the 200 gr and intake fiber is low, i can eat 10.000 kcal in less that 3 hours.
(and poop a couple hours later the same amount in 1 hour on the toilet but thats another story)

YourUniverse

trust me, if protein not exceed the 200 gr and intake fiber is low, i can eat 10.000 kcal in less that 3 hours.
(and poop a couple hours later the same amount in 1 hour on the toilet but thats another story)
If you ate 10k calories today, of the listed foods (coconut oil, tallow, fruit, veggies, proteins), what would be your appetite tomorrow? If you ate 10k calories again tomorrow, what you be your appetite the day following that?

If we repeated this exercises indefinitely, I give you 1 week before you settle into 2.5-4k daily calories >:)

The randle cycle is a good thing. In my estimation the fatty acids spare sugars in the blood stream so the blood sugar can stay elevated longer and can be saved for higher order uses like the central nervous system. The fats also slow but enhance digestion so you basically have a steady drip of sugar to the liver with the fatty acids thus keeping stress hormones at bay longer.

When you eat low fat your going to need to eat the ridiculous number of carbs that @Cirion discusses and you’ll probably need to eat them often to stop the blood sugar from dropping too much. This is unless of course your eating very high fiber or high starch. The fiber will induce fullness just based on the bulk and starch will induce fullness based on bacteria getting to ferment some of the starch and producing metabolic endproducts that effect hunger. Considering 300-400g of sugar a low amount of sugar is a bit ridiculous in any context besides the context of a very low fat diet.

Glycogen, brah.

Drinking full-fat raw dairy (up to 2 gallons a week), I gained weight. Surprisingly, I gained muscle just sitting at home, no working out. But I also gained fat.

In 2016, an initial period of weight gain happened over 6 months when I was drinking only .5-1 gallon of milk a week. I bulked up. When I returned to work my friend told me "it's like you ate the old Steve". He was a linebacker, so I'm pretty sure that's a compliment. In 2017, I was influenced by Matt Stone and relieved myself of most dietary restrictions. I gained more weight and it took two more years of diet and supplement experimentation to lose that weight and finally achieve a healthy body composition, very similar to CLASH (which I think is what a healthy young male should look like: lean, but respectable muscle growth due proper hormone status).

During this time, I had jobs with long hours that required heavy amounts of manual labor. One job required me to be at work by 2am sometimes.

I do low-fat now, and I skim the cream from my milk.

berk

I gained more weight and it took two more years of diet and supplement experimentation to lose that weight and finally achieve a healthy body composition.

I do low-fat now, and I skim the cream from my milk.
why starting low fat diet if you have achieve a healthy body composition?

berk

@CLASH you did bodybuilding in the past right?
You were also on a high sugar, high fat diet then?
Did you also eat starch?

CLASH

@CLASH you did bodybuilding in the past right?
You were also on a high sugar, high fat diet then?
Did you also eat starch?

I still currently train with weights. Yes I am eating a high sugar, high fat diet. I'm currently experimenting with different starches. I'm having a hard time putting on weight without them.

berk

I still currently train with weights. Yes I am eating a high sugar, high fat diet. I'm currently experimenting with different starches. I'm having a hard time putting on weight without them.
putting on weight you mean muscle? is your strength increasing?

i just end a 2 week high sugar (fruit), low fat, moderate protein diet.
i noticed that my strength has going down.
Then for one day i skipt all de sugars and replace them with starch. (amount protein and fat stayed te same)
The day after that i was making pr's all over the place.
With other words, that high fruit diet doesn't (or not enough) refill my muscle glycogen and that why i have got weaker.
Do you have the same experience?

Bonus question:
in the past you mention that you got dry painful joints from coconut oil.
Do you also got dry joints from gluten?

Last edited:

CLASH

putting on weight you mean muscle? is your strength increasing?

i just end a 2 week high sugar (fruit), low fat, moderate protein diet.
i noticed that my strength has going down.
Then for one day i skipt all de sugars and replace them with starch. (amount protein and fat stayed te same)
The day after that i was making pr's all over the place.
With other words, that high fruit diet doesn't (or not enough) refill my muscle glycogen and that why i have got weaker.
Do you have the same experience?

Bonus question:
in the past you mention that you got dry painful joints from coconut oil.
Do you also got dry joints from gluten?

Yes, I mean putting on muscle specifically. I assume a little fat tho, or at the minimum water weight. I'm 10% or less bodyfat right now. Yes, strength is increasing but bodyweight isn't going up much despite 3500-4000kcal.

I can't due a high fruit sugar, low fat, moderate protein diet. I feel terrible on it and it also makes me weak. I'm not sure its only about muscle glycogen tho. I think theres other factors at play.

Nope, no dry joints from gluten. It just makes me sleepy, slightly constipated and my motivation goes out the window. Similar things happen with dairy (even tho I love the taste of it). If I could eat dairy I would. I dont care about cookies, cakes, bread, pasta etc. But ricotta, pecorino romano, cheddar, gouda, ice cream, whole milk, I wish...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals