What's The Single Most Important Thing For Health?

factosauras

I'm not sure if this question has been posed to Peat before, but I'm curious as to what he thinks is the single most important factor in improving the health of the general population. I've seen emphasis placed on Red Light, elimination of PUFA's, etc. Does anyone know if Peat has answered this question, and if not, can someone ask him? I'm open to opinions from everyone else as well.

pboy

from peat? hard to say...either pro thyroid, non pufa (related) or probably thinking for yourself and doing own research and expirimenting as opposed to letting self get indoctrinated with established theories

Brian

Digestion.

If your bowel movements aren't at least a couple times a day, near effortless, and cohesive (almost no wiping needed) you have a potential for serious systemic dysfunction caused by endotoxin.

2-3 raw carrots a day does the trick reliably for me. I've experimented with lots of different eating styles/supplements/lifestyle adjustments, but they all pale in comparison to simply eating carrots in between meals in my experience.

A

Anonymous

Brian said:
Digestion.

If your bowel movements aren't at least a couple times a day, near effortless, and cohesive (almost no wiping needed) you have a potential for serious systemic dysfunction caused by endotoxin.

2-3 raw carrots a day does the trick reliably for me. I've experimented with lots of different eating styles/supplements/lifestyle adjustments, but they all pale in comparison to simply eating carrots in between meals in my experience.

If you need to rely on carrots for bowel movements you are certainly hypothyroid. I don't mean to be rude, but the carrot shouldn't be a crutch, but rather a tool as you heal metabolism.

Brian

JRMoney15 said:
If you need to rely on carrots for bowel movements you are certainly hypothyroid. I don't mean to be rude, but the carrot shouldn't be a crutch, but rather a tool as you heal metabolism.

Agreed. The carrots aren't a cure all, they are just for reducing the endotoxin to make it much easier for food to do the healing. I still usually eat carrots daily, but they probably aren't as necessary to my bowel health since my metabolism is much better now.

I'm just saying that they have been the most effective tool for me other than simply eating enough of easily digestible food. Much more effective than cypro and other more high-tech serotonin reducing substances in my experience.

YuraCZ

What's the Single Most Important Thing for Health?

Attachments

• listen-to-your-body[1].jpg
    listen-to-your-body[1].jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 581

tara

Maybe depends which single thing has been giving you the worst stress or deficiency?

BingDing

RP wrote: "Thyroid hormone is necessary for respiration on the cellular level, and makes possible all higher biological functions. Without the metabolic efficiency which is promoted by thyroid hormone, life couldn’t get much beyond the single-cell stage. Without adequate thyroid, we become sluggish, clumsy, cold, anemic, and subject to infections, heart disease, headaches, cancer, and many other diseases, and seem to be prematurely aged, because none of our tissues can function normally."

It goes without saying, IMO, that the metabolic requirements for cellular respiration itself are equally fundamental.

Charlie posted the complete quote here.

YuraCZ

BingDing said:
RP wrote: "Thyroid hormone is necessary for respiration on the cellular level, and makes possible all higher biological functions. Without the metabolic efficiency which is promoted by thyroid hormone, life couldn’t get much beyond the single-cell stage. Without adequate thyroid, we become sluggish, clumsy, cold, anemic, and subject to infections, heart disease, headaches, cancer, and many other diseases, and seem to be prematurely aged, because none of our tissues can function normally."

It goes without saying, IMO, that the metabolic requirements for cellular respiration itself are equally fundamental.

Charlie posted the complete quote here.
I agree.. But thyroid hormone is not the answer on everything.. Things are much more complicated than just take thyroid and be healthy and happy ;)

BingDing

YuraCZ said:
I agree.. But thyroid hormone is not the answer on everything.. Things are much more complicated than just take thyroid and be healthy and happy ;)

The thread is titled "What's the Single Most Important Thing for Health?" RP nailed it, IMO, I don't suggest that we can live on thyroid hormone alone.

YuraCZ

BingDing said:
YuraCZ said:

The thread is titled "What's the Single Most Important Thing for Health?" RP nailed it, IMO, I don't suggest that we can live on thyroid hormone alone.
So thyroid is more important than air or water for example? :-P

OP
F

factosauras

Thanks for the input everyone. I really appreciate it. I've heard Peat say that red light is the fundamental anti-stress factor, and I've heard elsewhere that it has effects similar to thyroid, so kind of a two birds with one stone thing. Does anyone have any experience with red light?

To phrase my earlier question a little differently, if there was one change that could be made culture-wide to have the most positive impact on the health of the population, what do you think it would be?

fyo

factosauras said:
if there was one change that could be made culture-wide to have the most positive impact on the health of the population, what do you think it would be?
Anti-authoritarianism; respect for life.

People here care about health, but most people just don't care enough. When you care about something, you look at it, you study it, you care for it, you provide for it, you grow it. These are the things that can lead to health. You have to look at yourself, and look at your world, and think about things a little bit. Most people won't even think enough to put down the fires and sodas, even though it should be obvious that obesity is a modern phenomenon which must have modern causes (maybe like fries and sodas?).

Ray said something about the only valid 'protocol' being something like "Perceive, think, act". But caring precedes all this. How do you make someone care about something?

Barry

Sufficient calories. Restricting calories is profoundly hypothyroid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals