What is the significance of grating the carrot?

Ray-Z

kettlebell said:
I eat one large carrot per salad and that will significantly reduce bacterial endotoxin and as a result also reduce estrogen and serotonin and increase Pregnenolone, progesterone and DHEA. The key is consistency, doing it every day and maintaining it maximises the benefits.

If you are hypothyroid having more than one a day risks carotene overload which in itself is anti thyroid. It also depletes B vitamins significantly as your body tries to convert to vitamin A.

Thanks for this info, Kettlebell. I have probably been overdoing the carrots.

Here's a recent photo of me with one of my lady friends:

es_bunny_219_480x360.jpg

HDD

:rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rollingred
Ray-Z said:
kettlebell said:
I eat one large carrot per salad and that will significantly reduce bacterial endotoxin and as a result also reduce estrogen and serotonin and increase Pregnenolone, progesterone and DHEA. The key is consistency, doing it every day and maintaining it maximises the benefits.

If you are hypothyroid having more than one a day risks carotene overload which in itself is anti thyroid. It also depletes B vitamins significantly as your body tries to convert to vitamin A.

Thanks for this info, Kettlebell. I have probably been overdoing the carrots.

Here's a recent photo of me with one of my lady friends:

es_bunny_219_480x360.jpg

posting.php?mode=smilies&f=2#

OP
Satan

Satan

Well now, it looks like I can continue to be lazy. Thanks for the replies.

narouz

Seriously:

I think the grating of the carrot is just a way to break down the carrot
and expose more of the surface area of the carrot's fiber.

It is the fiber that contains the somewhat unique anti-bacterial properties,
as I understand Peat.

Also, grating creates that sortuv "pre-masticated" stage,
which will then in turn be truly masticated to yield even more exposed fiber surface area

Furthermore,
after grating
the carrot in that form is much more capable of binding with
the coconut oil, white vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and (small amount of) olive oil,
all of which exert their own anti-bacterial actions.

So, in short, the grating unleashes the anti-bacterial ability of the carrot,
and it also makes it bind more voluminously with the other anti-bacterial agents in the salad.

R

ratcheer

Me, I don't bother with grating - I just chomp down a carrot and call it a night. Really I can't see what the grating does that chewing (plus grating) doesn't, other than be more of a 'meal' with flavorful ingredients - the fibers are going to be all cut up anyway when you chew the grated, maybe even more so. I used to take a little coconut oil in my mouth with the carrot but don't bother lately.

I do usually swallow a cascara capsule with the carrot, since they seem to complement each other - the carrot provides bulk and the cascara provides a little, uh, 'velocity'

BTW if you DO grate the carrot, I've heard it suggested to rinse before making into a salad - this washes away some of the gratuitous beta carotene.

Cute bunny, Ray-Z :):

gretchen

kettlebell said:
I believe the main reason Ray talks about grating it is so you can add the olive oil/coconut oil, salt and vinegar so it absorbs well into the strips of carrot. That makes it more anti bacterial.

He says in lots of interviews you don't even need to do that. You can eat the carrot without grating and it will be almost as effective.

Thanks.

kiran

gretchen said:
kettlebell said:
I believe the main reason Ray talks about grating it is so you can add the olive oil/coconut oil, salt and vinegar so it absorbs well into the strips of carrot. That makes it more anti bacterial.

He says in lots of interviews you don't even need to do that. You can eat the carrot without grating and it will be almost as effective.

Thanks.

The only issue there is with the teeth. Eating a whole carrot is probably pretty stressful on your teeth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals