What Is The Best Form Of Oral Magnesium That You've Taken?

OP
ImprovingDaily
i've struggled to find Mg Carbonate without citric acid.. do you know of one without the CA?
I don't. I take the Bulk Supplements brand Magnesium Carbonate. It works well for me, but idk if it has any citric. It's the pure powder so I assume it's free from that, unless the processing somehow contaminates it with citric acid, but I've never heard of that.

OP
ImprovingDaily
Never experienced something like this, even when I took two teaspoons of pure salt ?
Yeah, I think my gut is sensitive to too much salt and expels it when its too much. I avoid that by making the salt water drink just salty enough to be pleasant.

golder

Nice. This Double Wood brand seem to have thousands of 5 star reviews across the board on all their supplements. I wonder why they’re so good? They have got magnesium malate/chloride/threonate. I want to get one but not sure which to try.

Gustav3Y

Chloride gives me horrible histamine symptoms.
Same for potassium chloride.
What are you symptoms and how fast they set in after chloride?
I assume you meant to say magnesium chloride when you wrote chloride?

mrchibbs

Are you still doing this?

I am. Very convenient way to add magnesium, I add some of the magnesium water to every glass of OJ.

FitnessMike

Can confirm that magnesium bicarbonate is awesome:
  • Super cheap
  • Convenient way to get an additional 500-600 mg per day (really who wants to take 8 magnesium pills?)
  • No gut irritation/good absorption with high doses
  • Noticeable mood-lifting and pro-metabolic effect (unlike magnesium chelates)
  • Makes a tasty refreshing drink...
I just wonder why I've spent so much money on subpar, crappy magnesium pills. I'm quite happy to throw my fishy smelling magnesium glycinate in the trash and ride the bicarbonate train into the sunset instead. Goes great with coffee as mentioned above!

Just dump some magnesium carbonate/hydroxide in carbonated water, shake it up, put in fridge for 1 hour, done.
Where are you getting it from? How mag bicarbonate compares to carbonate?

Korven

Where are you getting it from? How mag bicarbonate compares to carbonate?

Mix magnesium carbonate with sparkling water, shake, and put in fridge for 1 or 2 hours.

I stopped drinking cold water so nowadays I just take straight mag carbonate in a cup of tea or coffee.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals