The Best Vitamin E, Vitamin K And Magnesium Supplements

I still use Thorne's K2 MK-4(one bottle lasts a long time as long as you are limiting the dose to 1-2 drops every once in a while).

I used IdeaLabs's Tocovit for vitamin E and it worked well. The Idealabs K2 Mk4 ("Kuinone") was very effective topically. It reduced my father's blood pressure after a few days.

Magnesium glycinate - I used one from a brand called AOR.

Frankdee20

Thanks for your response. Curious why MK-7 and not MK-4?
I have used the MK4 alone and in combination formulas. Just wanted to try a different approach. Also, started with Vitamin D again back in February and so I need the extra K. MK7 has a longer half life and slightly different functions than MK4. Also, Health Naturas MK4 MK7 combination formula was sold out, lol.

Kray

I have used the MK4 alone and in combination formulas. Just wanted to try a different approach. Also, started with Vitamin D again back in February and so I need the extra K. MK7 has a longer half life and slightly different functions than MK4. Also, Health Naturas MK4 MK7 combination formula was sold out, lol.
I see- thanks for clarifying. If one was using MK-4 at 15mg/day, what amount of D would you suggest?

Frankdee20

I see- thanks for clarifying. If one was using MK-4 at 15mg/day, what amount of D would you suggest?
It’s more so the other way around. Extra high D requires K2. MK 4 in that amount mentioned could definitely benefit from extra calcium and d though

Kray

It’s more so the other way around. Extra high D requires K2. MK 4 in that amount mentioned could definitely benefit from extra calcium and d though
Yes, thanks- the reading I've been doing emphasizes that point on balancing K with Ca, D, and even Mg. It seems to me that K2 is underrated compared to those others. When you consider our high rate of osteoporosis, it seems to make sense we're not getting enough, and I like that MK-4 specifically can be taken in higher amounts without drawbacks compared to MK-7, especially for older people who need it for healthy bones.

liam183

Vitamin E- Forefront health
Vitamin K- Walkabout emu oil. Don't go the synthetic route
Magnesium- trace minerals ionic magnesium or mitigate stress MMD

Frankdee20

Yes, thanks- the reading I've been doing emphasizes that point on balancing K with Ca, D, and even Mg. It seems to me that K2 is underrated compared to those others. When you consider our high rate of osteoporosis, it seems to make sense we're not getting enough, and I like that MK-4 specifically can be taken in higher amounts without drawbacks compared to MK-7, especially for older people who need it for healthy bones.
What are the drawbacks of MK7 ?

Kray

What are the drawbacks of MK7 ?

Honestly, there are probably pros and cons to either, depending upon so many factors, which I think is discussed on the thread I linked. The thread is quite old by now, so I'd be interested in finding more current info. It seems MK-4 is pushed because the Japanese study used that form. Some people on the forum have reported more side effects from MK-7 IIRC, and many reviews on the internet at large give positive results in MK-4 on bone health, teeth, hair (not to say the same can't be said for MK-7, but I was reviewing results for MK-4 and decided to go with that based on the Japan study and osteoporosis).

Frankdee20

I searched K2/MK-4/MK-7/Kuinone, etc on the forum to get a broader view of others' feedback; might help if you do that. Don't want to mislead or misquote anyone.
I have, just wondering if there was a new phenomenon I dI’d t catch

Kray

I have, just wondering if there was a new phenomenon I dI’d t catch
I doubt I know more than you; it seems the choice to be more of a personal decision, and I think the source is just as important, like all supplements. Can you report the differences, if any, between MK-4 and MK-7, or benefits of one over the other? Thanks-

Frankdee20

I doubt I know more than you; it seems the choice to be more of a personal decision, and I think the source is just as important, like all supplements. Can you report the differences, if any, between MK-4 and MK-7, or benefits of one over the other? Thanks-
I can say that Health Natura purports this to be clean sourced MK7 trans isomer. Can’t tell ***t from 4 vs 7 yet.

Kray

I can say that Health Natura purports this to be clean sourced MK7 trans isomer. Can’t tell ***t from 4 vs 7 yet.
I've bought their supplements and have no complaints. Are you saying you don't notice any benefits, or benefits are same between the two?

Frankdee20

I've bought their supplements and have no complaints. Are you saying you don't notice any benefits, or benefits are same between the two?
Well, the MK 7 is a week old, and used it three times, no negatives to mention, even at 500 mcg.

I used Health Natura's ADK product prior to this (good amounts of MK4 and MK7 per serving) and no negatives either.

MK 4 by itself in the past used to bring on bone pains (but that is expected due to it's affinity for helping osteoperosis).

Cant really tell one way or the other.

Kray

Well, the MK 7 is a week old, and used it three times, no negatives to mention, even at 500 mcg.

I used Health Natura's ADK product prior to this (good amounts of MK4 and MK7 per serving) and no negatives either.

MK 4 by itself in the past used to bring on bone pains (but that is expected due to it's affinity for helping osteoperosis).

Cant really tell one way or the other.
Thanks- seems very individual what each person does best with. And makes sense, we all have different needs.

Frankdee20

Thanks- seems very individual what each person does best with. And makes sense, we all have different needs.
Yeah, I am basically at the point where I wont buy certain things again, and take as few things as possible.

Magnesium, Vitamin C, some Vitamin D seem to be the fundamentals.

Kray

Yeah, I am basically at the point where I wont buy certain things again, and take as few things as possible.

Magnesium, Vitamin C, some Vitamin D seem to be the fundamentals.
Agree- same here. Added K for osteoporosis, liking overall effect. Basic B, some pregnenolone, occasional E for PUFA days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals