• Jarrow, Toco sorb

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Jarrow, Famil E

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Other (list below).

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters

yerrag

I don't trust the Annato source. RP does not like Annato (allergenic potential) coloring in Cheese . That issue aside, Im not sure the Ratio% of Toco to Trinol is beneficial. Need to re-visit the topic. Ive been leaning on Food Sources and some Sat Fats to cover any Vitamin-E intake gap.

Reminds me...........RP doesn't seem to reference Vit-E or Vit-K as often during interviews of relevant context ie: Estrogen/Aspirin ect.
You're right. He hasn't been touching on Vitamin E for some tim already, which is why it was nice to hear him mention it in his latest newsletter, July 2021, in relation to PUFA, and to iron, to Vitamin D, to calcium, to estrogen, in relation to the topic du jour- COVID.

That POS squeeze bottle is going to get me arrested.
I want to place it on the Driveway and Apply a sledgehammer to the bottle, howling VICTORY.
Is it just the squeeze bottle you don't like?

The contents are made from wheat germ oil, which is the source for the high alpha-tocopherol isomer content. There are many applications that call for high alpha-tocopherol content. You have to know if your issue requires high alpha over gamma and delta, or high gamma and delta over alpha.

The taste and quality is much, more improved over an earlier batch. I threw out an earlier batch after haidut shared Peat's critique of it, and ordered the newer batch.

yerrag

A 100%... and I actually got bought into it, hahaha.

I first time I've heard of him from Ben Greenfield, then started adding it to my stack -- thinking that it's worth it.
But from my experience (just by skin complexion alone), the Tocopherols were the only ones that were noticeable.

That's why it helps not to be a groupie. Once he snags a disciple like Greenfield, Ben's followers will just jump in without any question. That's how mass psychology works. Glad you snapped out of it. it's just easier to ride the wave than to fight the current. We want that time to cook, or to watch that movie, or to work out, or to watch that football game. The last thing we want to do is to do research. But when the boy calls out the emperor, one needs to remove his eye boogers and start seeing the naked ugly truth.

fr@

That's why it helps not to be a groupie. Once he snags a disciple like Greenfield, Ben's followers will just jump in without any question. That's how mass psychology works. Glad you snapped out of it. it's just easier to ride the wave than to fight the current. We want that time to cook, or to watch that movie, or to work out, or to watch that football game. The last thing we want to do is to do research. But when the boy calls out the emperor, one needs to remove his eye boogers and start seeing the naked ugly truth.
Yeah, you know... anything to increase suposed life span (hahaha).
At 19, I was already thinking that I won't live long enough -- so I got easily bought-in by the types of personas like BGF.

I have different motivations thoughs, since I don't really think that people at an early age really have bothering health issues to begin with.
An example would be having some annoying arthritis and gout (plus lung issues) which started in my early highschool basketball days.

As opposed to my friends who doesn't give an F about health and could live a really functional and happy lives.
You know, the types of people that don't get immediate consequences when eating something like a Gluten Filled/PUFA Laden (maybe PFA Laden too) donuts :grin

Btw, I like your posts, they're really educational (thanks, really).

supercoolguy

You're right. He hasn't been touching on Vitamin E for some tim already, which is why it was nice to hear him mention it in his latest newsletter, July 2021, in relation to PUFA, and to iron, to Vitamin D, to calcium, to estrogen, in relation to the topic du jour- COVID.

Is it just the squeeze bottle you don't like?

The contents are made from wheat germ oil, which is the source for the high alpha-tocopherol isomer content. There are many applications that call for high alpha-tocopherol content. You have to know if your issue requires high alpha over gamma and delta, or high gamma and delta over alpha.

The taste and quality is much, more improved over an earlier batch. I threw out an earlier batch after haidut shared Peat's critique of it, and ordered the newer batch.
How in the world could one decipher the proper tocopherol for themselves? Im leaning toward Alpha & Gamma for no particular reason other than RP interviews years ago.
(Would be wonderful to see them in glass bottles. Less plastic consumables the better, it should be a no brainier but I guess its not)

yerrag

How in the world could one decipher the proper tocopherol for themselves? Im leaning toward Alpha & Gamma for no particular reason other than RP interviews years ago.
(Would be wonderful to see them in glass bottles. Less plastic consumables the better, it should be a no brainier but I guess its not)

I know what you mean.

There are tons of studies on synthetic Vitamin E. I considered them tainted studies, mainly because I believe studies involving Natural Vitamin E are intentionally suppressed and deprived of approval and funding. This spans at least 80 years.

Back in the 30s, Kodak's subsidiary Distillation Products Industries (DPI) was able to develop a process that extracted whole vitamin E, complete with all the tocopherol isomers, but they could not sell it as mixed tocopherols priced accordingly. Pricing is based on the benefit a product gives, but the FDA only recognizes alpha-tocopherol for its antioxidant value. The other isomers have much lower antioxidant value, and so DPI can only sell 12% of the product it produces. Still, the FDA considers the synthetic equivalent to be the gold standard. So DPI had to modify its natural product to make it synthetic in order to sell it in large amounts. The synthetic products, whether made synthetic from scratch, the dl-alpha-tocopheryls, or made synthetic from natural vitamin E, the d-alpha-tocopheryls, are made into esters, such as the acetates and the succinates, and these are what the FDA consider the gold standard (tocopheryls are synthetic, tocopherols are natural, but sometimes the convention is not followed, so be careful).

Back then, the world was still enamored also with things that are synthetic, given the propaganda that man can produce things better than nature. The world has started to claw back from that mistake, but the damage done by propaganda is hard to undo. We are saddled with studies of an inferior Vitamin E, as the FDA still remains as usual to suppressing real vitamin E, by continuing to hold synthetic Vitamin E as the gold standard. You will continue to see synthetic vitamin E in multi-vitamins, and in the standalone vitamin E products of brands such as Shaklee and Usana, the so-called better brands sold by network marketers. Of course, Costco sells its shitty line of multivitamins with the Kirkland brand and its vitamin E is just as bad.

When you finally get to buy natural vitamin E because you looked for it, you can still get natural vitamin E that is mixed with PUFAs. So basically, you have a product that is basically zero as the vitamin E you get is used up neutralizing the lipid peroxidation harm of the PUFA.

This is the Vitamin E landscape we are in, to this day.

On the studies and books on natural vitamin E, you still find it to be very heavily focused on the alpha-tocopherol isomer. There are a few studies on gamma-tocopherol, and these have been helpful. I have difficulty finding studies on delta-tocopherol, so I just for now consider delta-tocopherol to be as functional as gamma-tocopherol. You will also come across some noise about tocotrienols. I personally will steer clear of it, even though I'm enticed by claims of it being the best vitamin E. I could be wrong, but the evidence touted are from the studies I've come to disdain, and not really from clinical experience.

Although not perfect, I look back to the studies and books written by the Shute brothers Evan and Wilfrid as they are based on their clinical experience with 56,000 patients. Their writings are focused on alpha-tocopherol, and gamma-tocopherol and delta-tocopherol were the unloved stepbrothers of alpha. In one book, Wilfrid talked about a patient that used whole vitamin E who was able to cure his angina pectoris condition, but since the product smelled off it wasn't used again and so the experience was not repeated on other patients who used the alpha tocopherol isolate vitamin E. That says something about the use of mixed tocopherols, which is what whole vitamin E has.

Also, I had the impression going through the Shute books that they did not really question synthetic vitamin E. Wilfrid recounted that he shifted at one point to natural alpha-tocopherol because the synthetics were expensive. He wasn't using natural vitamin E because he considered it superior then.

But for now, I am using a high gamma E blend to remove plaque from my blood vessels as the gamma E has electrophile properties that the alpha doesn't. There is still alpha in that blend, but in smaller quantities. But I've ordered Tocovit so that I could use it for the capillaries. The plaque in larger blood vessels and the plaque and gunk in capillaries are different in nature, and I suspect high gamma will work for the larger blood vessels and the high alpha Tocovit will be better suited for clearing the capillaries. But that is just my amateur but logic-based approach to it.

B

Braveheart

I know what you mean.

There are tons of studies on synthetic Vitamin E. I considered them tainted studies, mainly because I believe studies involving Natural Vitamin E are intentionally suppressed and deprived of approval and funding. This spans at least 80 years.

Back in the 30s, Kodak's subsidiary Distillation Products Industries (DPI) was able to develop a process that extracted whole vitamin E, complete with all the tocopherol isomers, but they could not sell it as mixed tocopherols priced accordingly. Pricing is based on the benefit a product gives, but the FDA only recognizes alpha-tocopherol for its antioxidant value. The other isomers have much lower antioxidant value, and so DPI can only sell 12% of the product it produces. Still, the FDA considers the synthetic equivalent to be the gold standard. So DPI had to modify its natural product to make it synthetic in order to sell it in large amounts. The synthetic products, whether made synthetic from scratch, the dl-alpha-tocopheryls, or made synthetic from natural vitamin E, the d-alpha-tocopheryls, are made into esters, such as the acetates and the succinates, and these are what the FDA consider the gold standard (tocopheryls are synthetic, tocopherols are natural, but sometimes the convention is not followed, so be careful).

Back then, the world was still enamored also with things that are synthetic, given the propaganda that man can produce things better than nature. The world has started to claw back from that mistake, but the damage done by propaganda is hard to undo. We are saddled with studies of an inferior Vitamin E, as the FDA still remains as usual to suppressing real vitamin E, by continuing to hold synthetic Vitamin E as the gold standard. You will continue to see synthetic vitamin E in multi-vitamins, and in the standalone vitamin E products of brands such as Shaklee and Usana, the so-called better brands sold by network marketers. Of course, Costco sells its shitty line of multivitamins with the Kirkland brand and its vitamin E is just as bad.

When you finally get to buy natural vitamin E because you looked for it, you can still get natural vitamin E that is mixed with PUFAs. So basically, you have a product that is basically zero as the vitamin E you get is used up neutralizing the lipid peroxidation harm of the PUFA.

On the studies and books on natural vitamin E, you still find it to be very heavily focused on the alpha-tocopherol isomer. There are a few studies on gamma-tocopherol, and these have been helpful. I have difficulty finding studies on delta-tocopherol, so I just for now consider delta-tocopherol to be as functional as gamma-tocopherol. You will also come across some noise about tocotrienols. I personally will steer clear of it, even though I'm enticed by claims of it being the best vitamin E. I could be wrong, but the evidence touted are from the studies I've come to disdain, and not really from clinical experience.

Although not perfect, I look back to the studies and books written by the Shute brothers Evan and Wilfrid as they are based on their clinical experience with 56,000 patients. Their writings are focused on alpha-tocopherol, and gamma-tocopherol and delta-tocopherol were the unloved stepbrothers of alpha. In one book, Wilfrid talked about a patient that used whole vitamin E who was able to cure his angina pectoris condition, but since the product smelled off it wasn't used again and so the experience was not repeated on other patients who used the alpha tocopherol isolate vitamin E. That says something about the use of mixed tocopherols, which is what whole vitamin E has.

Also, I had the impression going through the Shute books that they did not really question synthetic vitamin E. Wilfrid recounted that he shifted at one point to natural alpha-tocopherol because the synthetics were expensive. He wasn't using natural vitamin E because he considered it superior then.

But for now, I am using a high gamma E blend to remove plaque from my blood vessels as the gamma E has electrophile properties that the alpha doesn't. There is still alpha in that blend, but in smaller quantities. But I've ordered Tocovit so that I could use it for the capillaries. The plaque in larger blood vessels and the plaque and gunk in capillaries are different in nature, and I suspect high gamma will work for the larger blood vessels and the high alpha Tocovit will be better suited for clearing the capillaries. But that is just my amateur but logic-based approach to it.
"But for now, I am using a high gamma E blend to remove plaque from my blood vessels as the gamma E has electrophile properties that the alpha doesn't. There is still alpha in that blend, but in smaller quantities. But I've ordered Tocovit so that I could use it for the capillaries. The plaque in larger blood vessels and the plaque and gunk in capillaries are different in nature, and I suspect high gamma will work for the larger blood vessels and the high alpha Tocovit will be better suited for clearing the capillaries. But that is just my amateur but logic-based approach to it."

Appreciate your approach and research on this...my interests are right in line w yours....I have always used several different sources and continue trying to find the best combo for me...so which gamma E blend interests you the most?

yerrag

"But for now, I am using a high gamma E blend to remove plaque from my blood vessels as the gamma E has electrophile properties that the alpha doesn't. There is still alpha in that blend, but in smaller quantities. But I've ordered Tocovit so that I could use it for the capillaries. The plaque in larger blood vessels and the plaque and gunk in capillaries are different in nature, and I suspect high gamma will work for the larger blood vessels and the high alpha Tocovit will be better suited for clearing the capillaries. But that is just my amateur but logic-based approach to it."

Appreciate your approach and research on this...my interests are right in line w yours....I have always used several different sources and continue trying to find the best combo for me...so which gamma E blend interests you the most?
Glad we're on the same wavelength! I like both HealthNatura and Ultimate Gamma of Andrew Lessman. HealthNatura's has less gamma but has plenty of delta and is more of a whole food (hence Whole E) with many unrecognized co-factors, while Ultimate Gamma is predominantly gamma as blended. I'm currently using Ultimate Gamma, and it's working out well for me. Will try HealthNatura's product when I ran out of Ultimate Gamma.

supercoolguy

I know what you mean.

They use to have a Tocomin Powder derived from Palm. No Fillers, Tocotrinols & Pherols, Squalean blended in Tapioca Starch. I was cool with that, THEN they started to add silicone. It made the powder roll around, no clumping. But... I could not G-a-S about a products physical behavior in a container or if it clogs a factory machine.
Hold on to the Toilet Seat: I recall Vitamin E is a form of PUFA! according to RP interview.

B

Braveheart

Glad we're on the same wavelength! I like both HealthNatura and Ultimate Gamma of Andrew Lessman. HealthNatura's has less gamma but has plenty of delta and is more of a whole food (hence Whole E) with many unrecognized co-factors, while Ultimate Gamma is predominantly gamma as blended. I'm currently using Ultimate Gamma, and it's working out well for me. Will try HealthNatura's product when I ran out of Ultimate Gamma.
Thankyou, I appreciate your reply...am working on my next vit E tweak...will share...this thread has been very helpful.

yerrag

Thankyou, I appreciate your reply...am working on my next vit E tweak...will share...this thread has been very helpful.

Looking forward to it.

I've developed more tricks up my sleeve in taming the beast-hypertension. Demystifying Vitamin E is a critical component. Then I still run up against a host of other issues - protein remnants of immune cells and bonelike calcium in both the intimal and medial locations in arteries. They are embedded and require some more techniques to be coaxed out.

Not something you can expect conventional doctors to help us with. And naturopathic doctors and herbal doctors will find very challenging as well.

But doable, fixable, and curable.

But it will also be derided as anecdotal blah blah.

fr@

I've developed more tricks up my sleeve in taming the beast-hypertension.
Again... my response is totally irrelevant to this thread (lol).

For me, what worked for my Hypertension:

- A decent Potassium intake (ie. from: Cream of Tartar, Potatoes, Fruits) *though I have to limit my Fruit intake per meal to avoid Gout symptoms
- Policosanol
- Olive Leaf Extract
- Cacao (discontinued 'cause my Liver Inflammation goes back when I take it)
- Raw Garlic (discontinued 'cause I get noticeable Headaches)

But how do you solve Hypertension though (I mean 'cause mine's just Anecdotal)?

Last edited:

yerrag

Again... my response is totally irrelevant to this thread (lol).

For me, what worked for my Hypertension:

- A decent Potassium intake (ie. from: Cream of Tartar, Potatoes, Fruits) *though I have to limit my Fruit intake per meal to avoid Gout symptoms
- Policosanol
- Olive Leaf Extract
- Cacao (discontinued 'cause my Liver Inflammation goes back when I take it)
- Raw Garlic (discontinue 'cause I get noticeable Headaches)

But how do you solve Hypertension though (I mean 'cause mine's just Anecdotal)?
Hypertension is a symptom but an adaptation also of the body to different causes of disease. Without knowing the actual cause or causes, it is hard to give a solution.

Even if one knows, which is the case with me, I have to constantly be monitoring changes so I can respond accordingly.

So far, my issue is no longer an auto-immune situation because my immune cells are not in an endless inflammatory loop. They are starting to kill bacteria and reducing my bacterial load. But the load is still high, given the vast vascular network.

So, I have to be willing to play the long game.

fr@

Hypertension is a symptom but an adaptation also of the body to different causes of disease. Without knowing the actual cause or causes, it is hard to give a solution.

Even if one knows, which is the case with me, I have to constantly be monitoring changes so I can respond accordingly.

So far, my issue is no longer an auto-immune situation because my immune cells are not in an endless inflammatory loop. They are starting to kill bacteria and reducing my bacterial load. But the load is still high, given the vast vascular network.

So, I have to be willing to play the long game.
Ah, so it could also be Auto-Immune... thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
And that reminds of eating Pastries and then getting Gout Symptoms (like if I don't take my Digestive Enzymes on that event).

yerrag

Ah, so it could also be Auto-Immune... thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
And that reminds of eating Pastries and then getting Gout Symptoms (like if I don't take my Digestive Enzymes on that event).

I see my case as having an auto-immune component because somehow the bacteria is not being finished off by immune cells, especially neutrophils. So, the infetctons persists, and the immune system keeps attempting to kill the bacteria. But when I started using my vitamin E mixture, it lysed the plaque component made of oxidized ldl in foam cells. The bacteria has less surfaces to latch on to, and it became more exposed to attack by the immune cells. So now, the immune system is resolving infection as it's able to kill bacteria that previously evade phagocytosis. In this improved situation, the neutrophils aren't going to send for reinforcements, and inflammation is reduced as less cytokines and immune cells are being activated.

So that's why I say it's no longer an auto-immune issue for me at this point. But a lot still has to be done as there is still a huge bacterial load in my system, in the biofilms attached to plaque in my blood vessels. They are constantly being released and become planktonic but more are released as plaques are lysed. Lysing by vitamin E is mostly focused on the lipid component of plaque, while with enzymes it is focused on the protein component. There is also a calcium component.

This is why hypertension, if it involves the blood vessels primarily, is a difficult condition to cure. Doctors with their magic pill and silver bullets can't fix it. They have no methodology. They are like generals dropping napalm and cluster bombs into enemy territory. They always lose.

fr@

I see my case as having an auto-immune component because somehow the bacteria is not being finished off by immune cells, especially neutrophils. So, the infetctons persists, and the immune system keeps attempting to kill the bacteria. But when I started using my vitamin E mixture, it lysed the plaque component made of oxidized ldl in foam cells. The bacteria has less surfaces to latch on to, and it became more exposed to attack by the immune cells. So now, the immune system is resolving infection as it's able to kill bacteria that previously evade phagocytosis. In this improved situation, the neutrophils aren't going to send for reinforcements, and inflammation is reduced as less cytokines and immune cells are being activated.

So that's why I say it's no longer an auto-immune issue for me at this point. But a lot still has to be done as there is still a huge bacterial load in my system, in the biofilms attached to plaque in my blood vessels. They are constantly being released and become planktonic but more are released as plaques are lysed. Lysing by vitamin E is mostly focused on the lipid component of plaque, while with enzymes it is focused on the protein component. There is also a calcium component.

This is why hypertension, if it involves the blood vessels primarily, is a difficult condition to cure. Doctors with their magic pill and silver bullets can't fix it. They have no methodology. They are like generals dropping napalm and cluster bombs into enemy territory. They always lose.
Thanks, definitely saved this in my notes!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals