• Jarrow, Toco sorb

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Jarrow, Famil E

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Other (list below).

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters

Dave Clark

So I recently heard a podcast on vitamin e, and they said the real beneficial version of vitamin e is tocotrenols not tocopherols and that tocopherols build up in the body and become toxic. The researcher who’s talking about this is Barry tan. Why Annatto Tocotrienol | Dr. Barrie Tan

Any opinions?
Look at my post up top. Tan believes we really don't need to supplement tocopherols, but if you do, keep them separate from the tocotrienols, since he claims TP will degrade TT.

Tzheng2012

Look at my post up top. Tan believes we really don't need to supplement tocopherols, but if you do, keep them separate from the tocotrienols, since he claims TP will degrade TT.

What do you think about osmething like unique E tocotrienols vs hailduts e supp?

yerrag

So I recently heard a podcast on vitamin e, and they said the real beneficial version of vitamin e is tocotrenols not tocopherols and that tocopherols build up in the body and become toxic. The researcher who’s talking about this is Barry tan. Why Annatto Tocotrienol | Dr. Barrie Tan

Any opinions?
The website is nice graphics. But it lacks substance. On the page where it purports to provide research, it only gives summaries of the benefits of delta-tocotrienols.
It offers zero research. Not one reference is cited.

Oh, maybe you have to buy his book to read the research. No thanks.

yerrag

1630106727514.png

yerrag

I have a cousin in Canada. I recommend he try the high gamma Vitamin E because I've used the high gamma kind and if works in lysing plaque from oxidized LDL. He could not find one in Amazon Canada. He found one vitamin E that is the synthetic kind- the acetate kind. And then another was the Delta Gold of Barry Tan. One is big pharma. I'm not sure, but is Canada disallowing real vitamin E tocopherols in and leaving its population to use inferior grades of Vitamin E?

And Canadian customs makes it hard. Health supplements can easily be confiscated. There is no assurance they will let it in.

Since he is in Vancouver, he could drive up to a drop box in Washington state and get his supplement and drive back in with it. But with the COVID restrictions, that is hard.

Really, the big pharma rats are killing it even more in Canada.

Dave Clark

Thanks.

It's odd that the reference page was buried and not linked to in his site.

Which of these references would you recommend reading?
I didn't go through them yet. I actually had to e-mail Tan's office and ask them if they had any references,. I think it is strange that they are not more accessible on the site. Good, bad or indifferent, I just thought to myself, how could he do all this research and not have or show references, so I had to put it to rest. If they would have had no references, I would have been very suspicious of his work and assertions of the delta tocotrienols.

yerrag

I didn't go through them yet. I actually had to e-mail Tan's office and ask them if they had any references,. I think it is strange that they are not more accessible on the site. Good, bad or indifferent, I just thought to myself, how could he do all this research and not have or show references, so I had to put it to rest. If they would have had no references, I would have been very suspicious of his work and assertions of the delta tocotrienols.

Thanks.

To be honest, I'm not feeling I want to spend my time reading the references listed. A lot of them don't make conclusions based on meaningful improvements in endpoints. Quite a few of them are studies involving using tocotrienols with big pharma products, as if the tocotrienols can't have its own legs to stand on. He talks about hundreds of studies supporting tocotrientols, but he doesn't want to share the abundance of studies. It is no accident that he doesn't make these references accessible on his website. I think he is counting on the 99% of people who don't bother to look for references, but believe in the purity of intention of Dr. Tan - as most people are too trusting and wouldn't think a man who "loves his wife so much" wouldn't be trustworthy.

His website has the unmistakable signature of a corporate marketer with the tired old cliches. You can see all the check marks for selling to gullible consumers.

supercoolguy

I don't trust the Annato source. RP does not like Annato (allergenic potential) coloring in Cheese . That issue aside, Im not sure the Ratio% of Toco to Trinol is beneficial. Need to re-visit the topic. Ive been leaning on Food Sources and some Sat Fats to cover any Vitamin-E intake gap.

Reminds me...........RP doesn't seem to reference Vit-E or Vit-K as often during interviews of relevant context ie: Estrogen/Aspirin ect.

fr@

His website has the unmistakable signature of a corporate marketer with the tired old cliches. You can see all the check marks for selling to gullible consumers.
A 100%... and I actually got bought into it, hahaha.

I first time I've heard of him from Ben Greenfield, then started adding it to my stack -- thinking that it's worth it.
But from my experience (just by skin complexion alone), the Tocopherols were the only ones that were noticeable.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals