• Magnesium L-Threonate

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Magnesium Taureate

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Magnesium oxide

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters

Josh

Best form of Magnesium, again another where there is so many different opinions on.
  • Magnesium Glycinate seems to be the best (I already take 15g of collagen a day, is that too much with both combined?)
  • Magnesium Chloride
  • Magnesium Citrate
  • Magnesium malate
  • Magnesium L-Threonate
  • Magnesium Taureate
  • Magnesium oxide
Any brand recommendations would be appreciated also :)

Also attached a photo of how much Magnesium i get in a day through diet, which meets the need but it seems that its a good idea to supplement it anyway these days, how much should i supplement maximum a day?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 11.33.16.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 11.33.16.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 94

Inaut

I’ve been making my own mag malate and it’s the only version I don’t get butt hurt from. It’s a winner for me now ( as I had to stop other forms previously)

Frankdee20

The problem with Glycinate is the low percentage of elemental magnesium by weight at roughly 13 percent..... That’s a lot of extra Glycine and that’s a lot of pills to consume if you are like me who can tolerate and require 1,000 MG of magnesium per day..... Glycinate is well tolerated but not efficient at all, except for maintenance doses.

If you can stomach the taste how about Cacoa nibs, an ounce (28 grams) will give you 64 milligrams of Mg plus saturated fat, fiber, manganese, copper, iron, phosphorus, zinc and selenium :D
What's not to love!!!

Mauritio

Magnoil by idelabs

lvysaur

I've been using this liquid ionic magnesium lately, any thoughts?
https://i3.pureformulas.net/images/...z-59-ml-by-trace-minerals-research-extra1.jpg
It has chloride, sulfate, and boron in it--not sure what to think of that, but I've only been taking one serving a week, so I figure it's not a problem.

I can feel the magnesium very strongly, so at least as far as the magnesium goes it's a good supplement. Tastes bad and have to drink it with lemon juice.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
I've been using this liquid ionic magnesium lately, any thoughts?
https://i3.pureformulas.net/images/...z-59-ml-by-trace-minerals-research-extra1.jpg
It has chloride, sulfate, and boron in it--not sure what to think of that, but I've only been taking one serving a week, so I figure it's not a problem.

I can feel the magnesium very strongly, so at least as far as the magnesium goes it's a good supplement. Tastes bad and have to drink it with lemon juice.

I understand why peat dislikes boron and as far as I can follow his science I agree with his reasoning but for some reason every lifting guy I know who uses it swears by it and I happen to agree that it has positive effects. If you're iffy about it its probably best avoided

Mauritio

Do you find you only need one or two drops to handle low Mg symptoms? Compared to needing multiple Mg supplements by mouth?
Yes

yeggim

Carbonate in OJ

No intestinal effects. Tastes good. High absorption.
I'm sticking with Carbonate also. I take a teaspoon of Mg with four grams of Taurine, a little B6 and wash it down with homemade orange soda. Keeps things moving at a comfortable pace.

Recoen

I'm sticking with Carbonate also. I take a teaspoon of Mg with four grams of Taurine, a little B6 and wash it down with homemade orange soda. Keeps things moving at a comfortable pace.
What brand of Mg carbonate are you using?

Inaut

you don't explode with that amount of mag?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals