What Has Been The Best Thing You Have Done For Your Health?

Spartan300

I took 50mg in the morning for two weeks... bye bye insomnia.

My insomnia was triggered in fall 2017 after taking one dose of a methylated multi B vitamin. I continued taking the B vitamins numerous times thinking it will go away and I’m doing myself good but the insomnia went from bad to severe and became a chronic daily thing after ceasing. I suspect that may have been a result of over-methylation (I was on a meat heavy diet due to food sensitivities and lacked stomach acid so I was taking betaine HCL to digest proteins).

NDT and coffee resolved my stomach acid issues so I could ditch the betaine HCL and niacinimide fixed the chronic insomnia.

That's amazing and quite a low dose compared to what some consume here.
I may have similar problems, not sure I understand methylation properly yet but I have been meat heavy for a long time.
Tried some brewers yeast tablets recently and had crazy insomnia that coincided.
I'll try lower dose Niacinamide. Thanks

Some teach slow breathing and others teach very rapid breathing. Which have you used? It amounts to the same - volume per minute.

I became a coach myself. I teach various ways, using devices or pauses or walking with pauses. All to build and maintain air hunger.

ExCarniv

Really interesting, would you mind letting me know what magnesium supplement you got benefit from? Thanks!

400mg (elemental) of Magnesium Glycinate and half liter of OJ really helped.

I think dropped PUFAs and Gluten did some good too.

Arnold Grape

400mg (elemental) of Magnesium Glycinate and half liter of OJ really helped.

I think dropped PUFAs and Gluten did some good too.
2nd: magnesium bicarbonate water taken 2 times weekly; lots of sunlight this summer; quitting most supplements, save for A-d-e-k here and there, and eating good.

Gone Peating

I would be dead by now if not for Buteyko. The sexual stuff that I practice now was a transformation in my life almost as dramatic. The Ray Peat diet stuff is not nearly as big as those two items.

The third is the thyroid recovery and that is still a work in progress.

I've seen you mention Buteyko many times - what problems were you having before Buteyko and how long did it take for it to help alleviate them?

T

TheBeard

In terms of nutrition I got more results from cutting things than from adding.

No coffee, no dairy, no gluten, no supplements.

Keeping it simple with meat, fruit, rice, potatoes.

Biggest add was getting on TRT (insane boost in energy, cognitive function, immune system, confidence, competitiveness).​

What's your testosterone dose?

What were your testosterone levels prior to starting?

I've seen you mention Buteyko many times - what problems were you having before Buteyko and how long did it take for it to help alleviate them?

Severe asthma deteriorating fast.

I stopped taking medications after a week. But it took a year to really get right. It is a miracle really. I had to nose breathe, tape my mouth at night, and do breathing exercises.

Zpol

What you generally eat avoiding starch? I find that with zero starch is easy to undereat.

I kept potatoes because I was dropping too much weight.

I eat lots and lots of extremely ripe fruit; bananas, apples (raw seems fine for me as long as they are soft), canned peaches, mangoes, dates, raisins, prunes, oranges, pineapple, and any other fruit that's in season and is very ripe. I also have lots of OJ and grape juice. Lots of carrots, extremely well cooked green leafy veg. Allergen free chocolate and Surf Sweets gummi bears for snacks.
I make sure to get plenty of protein whenever I eat fruit. I find a macro ratio of 40% fruit carb/30% protein / 30% fat is a good ratio to keep my blood sugar stable and temps and pulses in a acceptable range.
For protein and fat I have pasture raised eggs, grass fed beef, lots of cod fish, occasional nonfat chicken breast or tuna fish, shell fish, ghee, hydrogenated coconut oil, coconut oil mayo, coconut wraps.
I think the key to zero starch is really get in the ripe fruits (under-ripe will cause gut issues and serotonin). And dairy products if you can tolerate them.

Lizb

Severe asthma deteriorating fast.

I stopped taking medications after a week. But it took a year to really get right. It is a miracle really. I had to nose breathe, tape my mouth at night, and do breathing exercises.
I've been at it four years, with practitioners. I still have hot flushes (sleep disturbed), dropped some medication (for asthma), bronchiectasis - well slightly improved. I've now dropped pauses and just doing the reduced breathing sessions which I can cope with better. It is so frustrating. My lung measured capacity has gone down. I hope the more gentle approach will yield some progress. It's been such a huge battle and incredibly difficult. I'm aware that most with bronchiectasis give up. I can see why.
I'm delighted you are well now.

Arnold Grape

I've been at it four years, with practitioners. I still have hot flushes (sleep disturbed), dropped some medication (for asthma), bronchiectasis - well slightly improved. I've now dropped pauses and just doing the reduced breathing sessions which I can cope with better. It is so frustrating. My lung measured capacity has gone down. I hope the more gentle approach will yield some progress. It's been such a huge battle and incredibly difficult. I'm aware that most with bronchiectasis give up. I can see why.
I'm delighted you are well now.
Have you tried v low starch for breathing issues? I know this will be kind of a stock rationale, but I notice worsened asthma symptoms when I increase specific types of starch. Supplementing vitamin D should also help.

golder

After I wake up in morning, every time my nose is very dry, I have very poor sleep quality, there are a lot of nasal sprey, but addiction is problem, My nasal creme contain vitamin a, d Pantenol, vaseline pure, I use about 2 years, It increases sleep quality so much.
Can you link to the nasal creme product please? :)

ilhanxx

Can you link to the nasal creme product please? :)
It is turkish made product, It doesnt sold in other countries, but you can try quality creme without parafin and other toxic ingredients and you see the difference. I use it in work times. gliserin or maybe virgin coconut oil can use.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals