What Has Been The Best Thing You Have Done For Your Health?

accelerator

Bought succinc acid powder here:
https://www.amazon.com/Succinic-Crystals-Pills-Purity-grams/dp/B009JH2CME

It should fully react with an equal amount of magnesium carbonate by volume to form magnesium succinate stirred in a small amount of hot water. I do 1/16 tsp of each at a time. That’s about 250mg of succinc acid.

Thanks! Is the reason for mixing it with magnesium carbonate to buffer it? or is there something about the magnesium that's needed, because I don't have that type of magnesium but I do have calcium carbonate on hand.

Also, wondering how long till you noticed the gut effects from using it?

Last edited:
Thanks! Is the reason for mixing it with magnesium carbonate to buffer it? or is there something about the magnesium that's needed, because I don't have that type of magnesium but I do have calcium carbonate on hand.

Yes, I’m interested too @Nebula thank you!

The best thing for me has been aspirin/K2 MK4 combination for my headaches.

More recently, adding metergoline has been huge. Very noticeable improvement in terms of less severity and less frequency of the headaches.

Progesterone and DHEA has been magical in just making me feel good and maintaining high T.

tankasnowgod

Interesting response! Is this through giving blood or other means?

It was mostly through blood donation, but I did use other techniques, like IP6 and tweaking diet. Blood donation seemed to make the most difference when testing, and also is quite easy.

Luann

It's hard to say just one thing, but one thing I'm becoming aware of is just how important sleep is. I had 12 hr of sleep last night and waking up today was gloriously easier than normal and my waking body temp/pulses were better to reflect it as well.

When I'm on vacation and can sleep as long as I darn well please, I always feel better for it. 8 hrs of sleep is an archaic notion and I'd argue NOT enough sleep for people recovering from hypo.

I was sleep deprived most of my younger years and am positive it was one of the big factors for my terrible health then.

This is the first I've heard anyone else say this. I also find 8 hours to be too little, generally, at least at this point in my life.

Nebula

I initially tried it because Peat mentioned it’s a bioavailable source of magnesium. I’m not sure but I think magnesium succinate might be very good at delivering magnesium to intestinal tissue.

It took a few months to see the full effects, but within a few weeks I noticed a lot of intestinal swelling had disappeared.

dlind70

Almonds in the morning. Banana (ripe) morning
Okra midday. Grapes midday
Sqwishy foods have boron.
Plantains at night
Now boron I don't use as a supplement. I just use it more often from food It's supposed to to help digention of carbs. So I eat those foods first.
Okra is a good for libido food too which is good.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
#1 Zero starch.
#2 Keeping blood sugar stable no matter what, every second.
#3 Addressing my thiamine and riboflavin deficiencies.
#4 Taking BCAAs (Impower brand) to up my protein when I was too sick to eat proper meals.
#5 Taking 5:1 ratio of T4 to T3.

Almost forgot... Pregnenolone, 70mg per day and cascara 1/2 tsp per day.

What does Starch do to you?

Chris-R

Can't boil it all down to one factor. But, in summary:
  1. Remove all overt PUFA's and processed foods
  2. Food intake = 65-70% calories from fruit and easy-to-digest carbs + 25-30% from lean beef, shellfish and eggs + 5-ish% from dairy
  3. Exercise daily = weight lifting + 10- 15 mins intense cardio
  4. Pay attention to your lifestyle and habits and learn to avoid and reduce stress at all costs (high carb + low fat makes this A LOT easier)
  5. Do the following as often as possible: fun activities, new activities, travel to new places, be spontaneous, hang out with uplifting people, laugh, smile, make jokes, be more childlike, remain grateful, help others.
  6. Adaptogenic herbs if you're struggling.

Broken man

Curiosity, learning, doing, increasing energy... I know that IT sounds mainstream but I am doing this my whole life

baccheion

Can't boil it all down to one factor. But, in summary:
  1. Remove all overt PUFA's and processed foods
  2. Food intake = 65-70% calories from fruit and easy-to-digest carbs + 25-30% from lean beef, shellfish and eggs + 5-ish% from dairy
  3. Exercise daily = weight lifting + 10- 15 mins intense cardio
  4. Pay attention to your lifestyle and habits and learn to avoid and reduce stress at all costs (high carb + low fat makes this A LOT easier)
  5. Do the following as often as possible: fun activities, new activities, travel to new places, be spontaneous, hang out with uplifting people, laugh, smile, make jokes, be more childlike, remain grateful, help others.
  6. Adaptogenic herbs if you're struggling.
What if someone is ApoE 4/3?

they actually got firmer minus bras. lots of collagen and c and i am not into men :)
Progesterone is said to aid with such things. Associated with collagen renewal, breast fullness, etc. Some apply it right on them. MSM lotion.

Last edited:

Zpol

What does Starch do to you?

Severe bowel pains. I was getting disabling abdominals pains, it just kept getting worse, I tried dozens of things to cure it. I would have had to go on steroids or IBD medications due to the severity had I not gone starch free. I had been limiting starch to well cooked potatoes at night only, but that didn't make a difference. Within a couple days of quitting starch entirely the pain had reduced considerably. Then about 3 or 4 days in the pain came back with a vengeance, I fell to the floor in crippling pain. The next day, the pain was gone and it has not come back unless I eat something with even the tiniest bit of starch. Looking back that last bit of pain must have been a herxheimer effect or healing crisis type thing. That was about 10 months ago. since then my health has continued to improve in other ways as well.

Constatine

I think oysters + liver is one of Peat's best recommendations. The difference in general vitality when incorporating these foods in the diet is outstanding.

alywest

Not spending much time on this forum and using various ancestral supplements brand organs