What Are Your Best Tips Or Ideas For Work?

Ashley_R

With everything changing so vastly in what you can and can not do, things have been really difficult for me to make a decision into where I would want to focus my full attention to.
Previous to corona-chan, I was largely focusing on independent work to my own business in finance, of course it would take time and such, but I had such a huge passion and it gave me fulfillment and a great social circle. It also worked largely with my personality, as I loved the idea of being "forced" into networking, making and maintaining new relationships and so forth. Yet, with this hoax in place, everything has been shifted online and it has taken a large toll into my passion for it. As, people are more distant, its difficult to have meaningful conversations and connections at times, and people do not focus or feel as safe to talk about finance through the internet especially through a third party(zoom). Money, is great and all to make a sale and such is wonderful, however my intention and passion solely came from being able to help people financially and make meaningful connections and changes onto their life.
It seems finance and money is not highly talked about on here, which is understandable, so I hope it is still alright to ask, as from reading other forums it seems most here have reasonable opinions, advice and understand the mentality I am coming from (from following ray peat).
Otherwise, since the shift I have taken a load of odd jobs, yet with this madness of people switched multiple times, I worked census bureau(ended), Walmart( boss was getting incredibly personally angry at me with my thoughts about mask, my rule was if we are NOT EVEN open and working I would not see ANY logical reason to wear a mask when I am isles away from people), planet fitness( was fine with working there until the forcing of people to wear mask WHILE WORKING OUT, I met too many people with previous health issues and concerns it did not seem to be the right thing to do at all, put in my two weeks and cannot even come in due to "not complying with new restrictions". Besides that I am a great worker, within my 3 months at Walmart I already trained about 3/4 people and excelled their standards for the work, excelled in working in planet fitness as well, this isn't to sound cocky but, more to give context that I do my best when I do work, just complete utter nonsense is where I draw the line.
Now I only work at this farm store which is a blessing, no mask, no requirements, we do the bare minimum 3 people in the store at a time and it seems to be my safe place. However, it is only part time and I would like to make a decent enough income to be able to be fully independent( move out, as I live with my parents as of now)
I have prepared for trade in a local college for next year worse comes to worse, however in general I am feeling a bit loss in the sense of morality and work, I find all things interesting and will obviously do my part in work and so on. It's just sad to see how its come to searching a needle in a haystack to find a job/career and avoid as much nonsense as possible.
Right now here are a few of my options I have in mind,
1. Suck it up in finance and make the most of it even if it is online, yet it is commission based so that is a risk, I feel more confident in myself in the line of work in person verse online.
2. Job Corps??? I do not know if anyone has heard of that, however my concern would be I would still need to find a job as the income they give you does not at all cover my bills.
3. IT/trade/apprenticeship however if that's the case I am just trying to find the most efficient way to do so.
4. Move into a more open state and take my chances

For more references I live in Illinois, that might also give a bigger picture. I am also a 20 year old female.

The sad thing I contemplate is just previous to corona, I was working on creating a community garden, getting more involved in local politics, making connections with the community colleges, networking and as well had a whole bunch of plans to shadow people in my interest.
Everything has been stopped since, it is hard to discuss and plan through online in my personal opinion, and I just feel so confused on to what to do.
All I truly focused on was trying to help people and solve things and through those means make an income, yet the reality is coming closer that due, to personal opinions and beliefs no matter what you're trying to fix, everything could be taken away.

I appreciate anyone reading this, would greatly appreciate opinions or how you guys cope and manage the madness, I just want to be able to live life and have my opinions, it seems it is more difficult to ask for.

I hope I am not the only one in this mess of contemplation, if it were up to my "ideal" life, I would be able to hold myself up to the standards I enjoy and help others as much as possible and then settle down and have a whole bunch of kids, and stay home to raise them well, everything seems SO up in the air, again thank you for reading, I greatly appreciate any thoughts and ideas.

-Ashley

stoic

Bumping this thread as I'm also suffering due to covid restrictions and currently contemplating the best course of action for the coming year.

My situation is a bit different...I have been struggling for years due to ill health, physical and mental. Things had finally started to improve and at the end of the summer I moved out of my parent's house to a new city with the goal of starting a new life. The main reason for the move was starting a master's degree and looking for a job on the side so that I could finally become independent, however I also had big hopes of finally finding some friends (and maybe female company), a good gym routine, and just some stability in general. Needless to say, the plan didn't work out as planned and the increasing restrictions ultimately forced me to move back to my parent's house to avoid dying of solitude in what had become a de-facto ghost town.
If I had the opportunity, I would move to a better country in a heartbeat. However, I live in Europe and as far as I know the only free places here are Sweden (which I can't afford right now) and Belarus (I was there in spring but it's not safe at the moment). My current plan is to save as much as possible and then move abroad, maybe even outside of Europe if possible.

While I'm not in the best position to offer advice, based on what you wrote I would consider using the opportunity to move to a free state and keep working online until you find something better in your new location. However, you already have a social circle, so I'm sure in the meanwhile you could find some good connections with people who are feeling the same as you...I'm sure there are plenty of us!

BearWithMe

Bumping this thread as I'm also suffering due to covid restrictions and currently contemplating the best course of action for the coming year.

My situation is a bit different...I have been struggling for years due to ill health, physical and mental. Things had finally started to improve and at the end of the summer I moved out of my parent's house to a new city with the goal of starting a new life. The main reason for the move was starting a master's degree and looking for a job on the side so that I could finally become independent, however I also had big hopes of finally finding some friends (and maybe female company), a good gym routine, and just some stability in general. Needless to say, the plan didn't work out as planned and the increasing restrictions ultimately forced me to move back to my parent's house to avoid dying of solitude in what had become a de-facto ghost town.
If I had the opportunity, I would move to a better country in a heartbeat. However, I live in Europe and as far as I know the only free places here are Sweden (which I can't afford right now) and Belarus (I was there in spring but it's not safe at the moment). My current plan is to save as much as possible and then move abroad, maybe even outside of Europe if possible.

While I'm not in the best position to offer advice, based on what you wrote I would consider using the opportunity to move to a free state and keep working online until you find something better in your new location. However, you already have a social circle, so I'm sure in the meanwhile you could find some good connections with people who are feeling the same as you...I'm sure there are plenty of us!
In which country do you live and where would you like to move?

I was traveling a lot and living in many different places before the Corona, and I was seriously considering moving out permanently, but here's the thing... There are STILL not many better places to live than Europe. And it is definitely not USA. Unless you can somehow get visa to New Zealand, or relocate to Hong Kong, or Switzerland (which is de facto part of the Europe anyways...), or maybe some Southeast Asian country - stay in Europe. Australia was good before Corona, not anymore.

The grass seems always greener on the other side, but actually it is not.

And also, if you would like to relocate in hopes to get out of the misery and to find happiness, you would be badly disappointed. That never works.

You need to find the happiness within and change your inner world, otherwise you will take your misery with you whereever you move.

Definitely move out of your parents house as soon as possible, tho.

Ignoramus

I'm an artist and have been enjoying growing my business online. I use an external company to manage the sales of my prints and T-shirts, so most of my income is passive. It's not so hard these days to grow a big online audience and sell stuff directly to the customer. Normal jobs make me sad, so I can't really do them

gaze

we should all get together and start an additive free ice cream, marshmallow, and gummy bear brand

OP
A

Ashley_R

Thank you for your reply, that sucks to hear about your situation. A lot has changed and I've decided to work back into my business in finance as one of my mentors gave me a good perspective to think about, that even when thing are to go back to normal corona has changed and created things that would be continued to be used such as zoom and so on. So, I've been working on that and then getting involved in my local politics I actually have an interview tonight for the community relations commissions, so hopefully, I will get an idea of things to work on. But, I agree with someone who replied below, I have thought about moving but, the way I see it is that it solves the problem temporarily I've found really good friends to talk to about trying to work towards fixing the mess. As well as haven't lost sight of moving out, but am eager to do so. Either or I really appreciate you sharing it relieves some tension to hear.
Although, I have high optimism moving forward, must be something in the air but I think a lot of people are fed up with those who have the balls to do so. So, don't give up! I wish you luck

OP
A

Ashley_R

In which country do you live and where would you like to move?

I was traveling a lot and living in many different places before the Corona, and I was seriously considering moving out permanently, but here's the thing... There are STILL not many better places to live than Europe. And it is definitely not USA. Unless you can somehow get visa to New Zealand, or relocate to Hong Kong, or Switzerland (which is de facto part of the Europe anyways...), or maybe some Southeast Asian country - stay in Europe. Australia was good before Corona, not anymore.

The grass seems always greener on the other side, but actually it is not.

And also, if you would like to relocate in hopes to get out of the misery and to find happiness, you would be badly disappointed. That never works.

You need to find the happiness within and change your inner world, otherwise you will take your misery with you whereever you move.

Definitely move out of your parents house as soon as possible, tho.
I agree with the thing about moving I have contemplated this a lot previously and I always saw it as a temporary solution especially due to whoever is using this for control, wants to control everything not just stop at what they have now. The best thing I have concluded is to fix or try to fix what is in front of me, I have an interview today with my local government for a commission so to see what's going on for myself will be mighty helpful. As well as figuring out different ways to do business, I have been stubborn with the use of online however as much as many of us do not like the internet there are a lot of pros, and the best thing I do now is looking at the pros for success, so that with success you can purchase things to mitigate, for example, supplements, emf protectors, water filters, lights and so on. But 100% agree with moving out of my parents' place my goal is to try to move out before my birthday which is this coming June.
Thank you for your sharing, I appreciate it.

OP
A

Ashley_R

I'm an artist and have been enjoying growing my business online. I use an external company to manage the sales of my prints and T-shirts, so most of my income is passive. It's not so hard these days to grow a big online audience and sell stuff directly to the customer. Normal jobs make me sad, so I can't really do them
Yeah, I have come to learn I just need to overcome my stubbornness about online that's awesome to hear you are doing well, is there any chance I may know what your business name is many of us here might be able to connect and such, I know that's a shot in the dark. But, 100% agree normal jobs do make me sad especially with the situations now corona has put light on the darkest part of some people and it is not pretty.

OP
A

Ashley_R

we should all get together and start an additive free ice cream, marshmallow, and gummy bear brand
haha, I actually agree 100% if we did bond together we could work on it by getting loans to fund and experiment, and so forth. The only thing is figuring out how to make good gummy bears be similar to the store-bought but assuming that works, I am sure people on here would be happy to support and try!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals