Noises from neighbors - how do I successfully work with my triggers?

Ecureuil77

I have the same anticipatory anxiety regarding noises. As others have suggested, the only way is to counteract with your own noise. I use earphones/music outdoors and, at home, a white noise machine. It has changed my life and also improved the quality of my sleep when used on the "pink noise" setting. I sleep fewer hours but sleep is more sound and reparative. It's maddening at first (all that noise), but I got used to it to the point that I cannot sleep without it anymore.
Same for working at home, my concentration is now excellent.
I have this machine. There's also a tiny travel version, but the original one isn't really that big.

Amazon product ASIN B00E6D6LQYView: https://www.amazon.com/Adaptive-Sound-Technologies-LectroFan-Non-Looping/dp/B00E6D6LQY

Let us know if you try it.
Best of luck!

Clavius78

Oh I can relate. But for some reason, it is selective for me. I work at home 4 days a week and only 1 day in the office. And I have no problems with playing/crying/yelling children. The neighbourhood children can be noisy all day and I won't bat an eye. But when my neighbor's dog barks my anxiety and anger go through the roof immediately. Talking about it with the owners is useless. They just deny that their mutt ever barks at all.

Anyway, I treated myself to some very good noise cancelling headphones. I don't wear them all the time though. It's just really nice to listen to some background music or an audio book without any outside noise coming through.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals