Can earplugs or sound-resistant rooms have a positive effect on metabolism in certain environments ? Examining the cortisol increase for loud noises

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

@Amarsh213 this interview answers some of your questions
I remember back when I was working in a school one of my students asked me to help him with something on his laptop and he was using a 5G hotspot - as soon as I stepped in within 3 feet I got my a** kicked with migraines that I hadn't felt in years ... I literally asked him if he could unplug his hotspot briefly so I could help him - very powerful compared to any EMF I was used to being exposed to - felt worse than when I speak into a big microphone and usually that kicks my a** pretty good in terms of EMF damage

P

Peatness

I remember back when I was working in a school one of my students asked me to help him with something on his laptop and he was using a 5G hotspot - as soon as I stepped in within 3 feet I got my a** kicked with migraines that I hadn't felt in years ... I literally asked him if he could unplug his hotspot briefly so I could help him - very powerful compared to any EMF I was used to being exposed to - felt worse than when I speak into a big microphone and usually that kicks my a** pretty good in terms of EMF damage
I’m only just learning how sensitive I am to emf. I stopped using my tablets a few months ago. That interview is worth watching. It’s not just about 5G. She gives a lot of tips on how to avoid over exposure

Steed

I wonder how bad Bluetooth is? Becuase I have my airpods in 24/7 at the house. Audio books and noise cancelation. I can't stand hearing TV/Neighbors or anything for that matter.

Always sleep with earbuds as well.
It sounds like you could have misophonia, much like myself. Silicone earplugs ftw. Changed my life.

Ben.

@Amarsh213 this interview answers some of your questions

How did i only see this now pina?

Some freqcuencies of my tinnitus i only ever hear near certain electrical devices ... 2 more weeks and i'll be able to reduce my EMF exposure by a ton.
Can't wait!

P

Peatness

How did i only see this now pina?

Some freqcuencies of my tinnitus i only ever hear near certain electrical devices ... 2 more weeks and i'll be able to reduce my EMF exposure by a ton.
Can't wait!
Great interview. I am yet to explore all the links she suggested to look at. She has more info on the childrens health defence website. So much information so little time

BodhiBlues

Living in the city, in a flat with neighbours who like playing rap music loudly regardless of the time of day, earplugs are a godsend. There is no way in could live in the city without them. I can always feel my cortisol rising when exposed to noise that I have no control over, especially when I'm trying to concentrate on work or am trying to sleep. Having a fan on also helps a lot to mask some other noise that gets through the earplugs, but I don't normally use it in winter. It is less needed in winter though as my neighbours close their windows, which gets rid of a lot of the noise.

The only noise I have real trouble masking is the police helicopters, which I can often hear circling around the city in the middle of the night, even when I have earplugs in and a fan on, but at least that is normally only around once a week.

ursidae

I have developed a pretty bad case of misophonia. I think it's a sign of declining health

Steed

I have developed a pretty bad case of misophonia. I think it's a sign of declining health
Misophonia starts at around age 13 so I highly doubt that. It is also very specific for certain sounds. It is quite a strange thing and research is just coming out, something is different about the auditory cortex apperently and the brain simply reacts differently to these specific sounds.

I have all the symptoms and I found it out just a year or so ago when I did the 23andme test. I started to look into it and I was a bit relieved when I found out that there was such a thing.

I dont think adults get it as the age is so specific.

Last edited:

ursidae

maybe it's something else then. I am
way more startled and stressed by noise, particularly the noise the people I live with make when they slam doors, slam drawers, shuffle up pots and pans, and the barking of dogs. Haven't gotten a single night of uninterrupted sleep since this started. It's usually loud enough that white noise on maximum volume+earplugs+pillow wrapped around my head cannot cancel it out so maybe it's reasonable to be very stressed out by it. I do notice that some people are not stressed by it and they even manage to fall asleep while the noise is next to their head and sleep through it. When I have the money I'll try to take progesterone and see if it's still emotionally distressing and disruptive to sleep

Steed

maybe it's something else then. I am
way more startled and stressed by noise, particularly the noise the people I live with make when they slam doors, slam drawers, shuffle up pots and pans, and the barking of dogs. Haven't gotten a single night of uninterrupted sleep since this started. It's usually loud enough that white noise on maximum level+earplugs+pillow wrapped around my head cannot cancel it out so maybe it's reasonable to be very stressed out by it. I do noticed that some people are not stressed by it and they even manage to fall asleep while the noise is next to their head and sleep through it.
Misophonia is very specific for chewing sounds and a few other specific noises. So loud noises likes dogs barking is not part of the symptoms at all in my experience, that is what is so strange.

Yours sound more like something that is related to stress, perhaps blood sugar control? Low thyroid?

Have you tried silicone earplugs? Only earplugs that works for me, at least from what I have tested.

Ben.

Great interview. I am yet to explore all the links she suggested to look at. She has more info on the childrens health defence website. So much information so little time

Indeed. Wel shes not the first person i've heard the theory from that our EMF and Radiatioon expsoure with advancing technologies are perhaps responsible for many ailments by affecting the cell negatively.

Im probably realy going to buy one of thoose meters one can test the exposure with and see if i feel better spending time in less polluted areas. I dig the idea of sleeping outside in a tent anyway.

ursidae

Misophonia is very specific for chewing sounds and a few other specific noises. So loud noises likes dogs barking is not part of the symptoms at all in my experience, that is what is so strange.

Yours sound more like something that is related to stress, perhaps blood sugar control? Low thyroid?

Have you tried silicone earplugs? Only earplugs that works for me, at least from what I have tested.
I've tried silicone and like all other ear plugs I've tried there's barely an effect
I think blood sugar disregulation and poor thyroid are a possibility

P

Peatness

Indeed. Wel shes not the first person i've heard the theory from that our EMF and Radiatioon expsoure with advancing technologies are perhaps responsible for many ailments by affecting the cell negatively.

Im probably realy going to buy one of thoose meters one can test the exposure with and see if i feel better spending time in less polluted areas. I dig the idea of sleeping outside in a tent anyway.

Sunrise

I notice that since Peating - I notice "stressors" a lot more - I cannot stand being around a construction site - hearing the sound of a jackhammer or a drill sends me to disarray or someone hammering really stresses me out

I also notice that if I'm in a party-like environment - where the speakers are usually turned up - that really stresses me out - I am also assuming because the sound is stressful in itself and that more EMF is produced when you turn the volume on the speakers up

"Noise triggers a stress response in the amygdala, a region of the brainstem. Our amygdala learns, over time, what sounds might signal impending danger. When one is detected, the amygdala triggers a release of cortisol (a stress hormone) and an involuntary startle reaction. In his book, The Universal Sense: How Hearing Shapes the Mind, neuroscientist Seth Horowitz explains, “The auditory startle circuit is a very successful evolutionary adaptation to an unseen event. It lets us get our bearings and get the hell out of there, or at least widen our attention to figure out what the noise was.”"

"Stressor exposure activates several physiological pathways that may be implicated in some of the purported health effects observed in individuals who are exposed to relatively high levels of environmental noise for several years, especially those that involve the cardiovascular system.[1,2,3] These pathways include alterations in the hypothalamic pituitary adrenal (HPA) axis with a consequent increase in adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and cortisol (corticosterone in rodents);[4,5,6] others have shown rats habituate to loud noises as evidenced by a gradual return to baseline in corticosterone levels by the fourth day of exposure.[7] Similarly, pro-inflammatory cytokines, such as interleukin 1 (IL-1), tumour necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha and interleukin 6 (IL-6) have been implicated in the stress response.[4,8,9]"

I notice many of the train workers in my city all instinctively wear eat plugs as the trains in my city tend to be pretty loud especially if one is spending time in one the whole day - I notice my metabolic rate lowers when I enter the train and I assume it is a combination of the horrendous lighting, EMF from the rails, and the loud noises the train makes while moving - shooting up cortisol

View attachment 29609

But concerning ear plugs - is it an issue that it pushes ear wax into the ear ? Maybe there is a safer way to go about it when being in an environment where loud sound is produced such as a train

"Over time, earplugs can push earwax back into your ear, causing a buildup. This can cause several problems, including temporary hearing loss and tinnitus. To clear the wax, you'll need to either use ear drops to soften it or have it removed by your doctor."

I think the safest thing to do would be to live away from large cities where noise pollution is extensive and possibly even building noise-resistant rooms in a home

"The present preference study revealed that rats were able to distinguish between different sound patterns. They showed a clear preference for silence to anything else, which may be taken as an indication that they feel disturbed by the sound from the speaker."
Nobody answered about the wax.... I alaonwant to.get rid.of it as I noticias it gets pushed bynearplugs

Vajra

I'm beginning to handle it much better, but since I was like a preteen I felt the need to have headphones/earmuffs to really ever fall asleep. I'm not a light sleeper, but while trying to actually fall asleep, a slight noise can cause like a micro stress reaction and kill my whole feng shui and make my mind alert again. Regarding that I'd mostly just chalk it up to having sensitive hearing, or maybe low auditory latent inhibition (+DA, +mACh, +NMDA)? But I think it's probably simpler than that.
I get a fight-or-flight reaction to certain noises but it's pretty much without rhyme or reason. I think it's mainly psychological depending on the current environment and people, like
particularly the noise the people I live with make when they slam doors, slam drawers, shuffle up pots and pans
while sometimes chewing sounds give me deep ASMR tingles while other times it's really gross.
I think any well-adjusted person would find certain noises annoying, especially repetitive ones, i.e. a machine squeaking, grinding, cracking, whatever. The general pattern with misphonia is that it's human-produced noises:
We analyzed resting state fMRI (rs-fMRI) connectivity (N = 33, 16 females) and sound-evoked fMRI responses (N = 42, 29 females) in misophonia sufferers and controls. We demonstrate that, compared with controls, the misophonia group show no difference in auditory cortex responses to trigger sounds, but do show: (1) stronger rs-fMRI connectivity between both auditory and visual cortex and the ventral premotor cortex responsible for orofacial movements; (2) stronger functional connectivity between the auditory cortex and orofacial motor area during sound perception in general; and (3) stronger activation of the orofacial motor area, specifically, in response to trigger sounds. Our results support a model of misophonia based on “hyper-mirroring” of the orofacial actions of others with sounds being the “medium” via which action of others is excessively mirrored. Misophonia is therefore not an abreaction to sounds, per se, but a manifestation of activity in parts of the motor system involved in producing those sounds.
This explains mockery, and looking back at my misophonic misadventures this completely resonates with me; I often get the irrational drive to mimic the noise if it's one that irks me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom