What Happens If You Take Atp?

Peata

I have a supplement in the cabinet called Peak ATP - adenosine 5 triphosphate disodium, 125 mg in each capsule. I know it's touted for energy, but I haven't tried it yet because I've been feeling more energy and clear headed with the other things I'm doing. However, I am a little worried I'll relapse into low energy and brainfog since I'm off the med that helped my cough and allergies (and therefore, inflammation).

I'm curious if anyone has tried ATP, and what it does for you, if anything.

OP
Peata

Peata

Nobody ever took ATP?

I still haven't tried it. I guess I haven't had an energy problem in a while, so was afraid to mess with things. Still curious though in how it would work.

J

jb116

hi peata, I have no experience in actually taking it, only in my studies. ATP as an end product within the cell is of course the basic unit of energy and is
extremely important. Ingested however has a different effect in that the intestine will most likely degrade it before it can reach the mitochondria.
One thing is most likely certain is that uric acid is a metabolite of atp so that should increase. Whether that's good or bad depends on the energy state
right? If somebody is under pufa assault, that uric acid might be displaced leading to gout.

tara

If somebody is under pufa assault, that uric acid might be displaced leading to gout.
That's interesting. PUFA > uric acid precipitation > gout?

OP
Peata

Peata

hi peata, I have no experience in actually taking it, only in my studies. ATP as an end product within the cell is of course the basic unit of energy and is
extremely important. Ingested however has a different effect in that the intestine will most likely degrade it before it can reach the mitochondria.
One thing is most likely certain is that uric acid is a metabolite of atp so that should increase. Whether that's good or bad depends on the energy state
right? If somebody is under pufa assault, that uric acid might be displaced leading to gout.

Thanks, JB, that's interesting. I will do some more reading into uric acid. I may try the supplement one of these days.

ddjd

I have that peak ATP supp but in 400mg swanson capsules. I think they are good stuff. Subtle but positive effect

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals