Warren Buffett’s Secret To Staying Young: “I Eat Like A Six-year-old.”

OP
P

paymanz

Eating like a six year old and 'babies know best' is just a flawed concept.

If you put a pipe of pringles (which only nuts or drinking oils can rival for its PUFA content) in front of a child, and they will munch their way through the entire pipe.

Sure, they'll wash it down with some coke if you give them that as well.

If you put party food out in front of kids (PUFA soaked sausage rolls, pastries, crisps, cheap pizzas & commercially made disgusting cakes) and watch the feeding frenzy before you. Happens every day of the year in homes everywhere.

There's nothing instinctive about 'eating like a six year old' being 'healthy'. But there is an instinct of a 'need' for sugars. That's about it IMO.
in our today's environment with refined foods and lots of pufa and other toxins in them, yes eating like 6 year old maybe is not that healthy sometimes.

DaveFoster

There's a trope that the elderly become like babies once again.

It's not true. The cynical elderly die younger, and the one's who "become like children" prosper into old age, so we associate children and the (successfully) very aged: both examples of health.

gaze

aside from the fact he owns coke so hes obviously gonna talk it up, theres actually some common sense spoken about sugar in this vid. Rare to find nowadays

Xin

Amazing. I think WB is one of the best examples of what someone will look like in his 80s after following a long-term Peat lifestyle (even if he doesn't know that it's Peaty). He looks even better than Ray Peat. This makes sense since Peat turned to a metabolism supporting diet to fix health issues, while Buffett seemed to grasp the concept earlier.
He's also extremely rich and has access to many protocols which are not available to us. He also has access to "drugs" and therapies that we can only dream of. Drinking coca cola is definitely not the reason behind his longevity.

kaybb

I see you have an opinion on him but I was really after OPs reasoning. I find a lot of people have these "impressions and opinions" on people without as much actual reasoning for it as you have presented. I want people to question their negative biases to make sure its valid and not indoctrinated from talking heads and bad information.
My brother worked for a company he owned and he is a horrible man…personal experience

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals