Vitamin A on testosterone and being Alpha

zorba990

Upping my retinol always causes my hip pain. Sometimes within 24hrs. I eat a lot of vegetables so I am guessing I am a good Carotene to Retinol converter and don't need much.

youngsinatra

I wonder how much of the vit A overload in your case isn't due to low thyroid hormone/action, since hyperthyroid individuals have much lower vit A than euthyroid and hypothyroid individuals.
This makes it really difficult to manage liver and copper.
Most medical textbooks say that daily intake of retinol above 25K IU causes chronic vitamin A toxicity. But most case reports are in the range of 50K to 100K IU per day for 6-12 months.

I used to have TSH near ~1 and fT3 slightly above reference range and fT4 levels at the upper end before I overdosed with vitamin A.
But to be fair I still had hypometabolic issue in those times, because my body was highly saturated with PUFAs and especially HUFAs. (omega-3s)

In the last year my TSH hovered around to 2.9-3.5 with fT3, fT4 levels in the middle of the reference range.

I just started taking thyroid (Novothyral) 3 months ago and I find it very helpful.

GorillaHead

Another old article of mine that I re-wrote and update with more goodies.

TLDR: vitamin A enhances the sensitivity of the Leydig cells to LH, promotes steroidogenesis, increases dopamine sensitivity, inhibits the prolactin receptor, lowers cortisol, improves thyroid function, etc.

A few years ago I did a very low vit A diet for more than 1 year and can't say I've noticed any benefits. I did however have bad dandruff, bacne and food sensitivities at that time, which might have been related to the low A. After supplementing with A, I did notice a warm calming effect. Since then I've never supplemented with A again, but have consistently ate beef/lamb liver for my A and other T boosting vitamins and minerals.
What's been your vit A experience?
So bacne is low vitamin A? Is that what u are saying?

I have had dandruff and back acne for soo long and when i hope on vitamin A dandruff gets worse i wonder if i have to stick to it

lilsticky

For anyone who doesnt enjoy liver like me, I have started eating smaller amounts of liver daily (25g) instead of larger amounts less frequently and it's way easier to mix with other foods/flavours. So glad I have found a way to do it because I have now have more energy, better mood, better focus and more appetite.
mustard dresses it up pretty well and the iron blockage from the turmeric is a plus

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
So bacne is low vitamin A? Is that what u are saying?

I have had dandruff and back acne for soo long and when i hope on vitamin A dandruff gets worse i wonder if i have to stick to it
Not necessarily no. In a lot of cases, it's rather correlated with the dysregulated immune system in the gut. It's definitely triggered by certain foods. Bai zhu has been shown to improve retinol-influenced immunity in the gut. Kind of like restoring how it's supposed to work. It's not necessarily how much you have, but rather how you use it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals