Zinc on testosterone and being an Alpha Energy Male

Hans

Forum Supporter

I re-wrote another old article of mine and add a bunch of new info, graphs, etc.
It's about how zinc affects
- testosterone
- DHT
- estrogen
- prolactin
- dopamine, serotonin and other neurotransmitters
- cortisol
- sleep
and much more.

Before anyone points this out, I prefer food over supplements every day.

Dave Clark

Food may be better than supplements, however, can we all say we are eating enough zinc rich foods, at the optimal amount everyday? Even then, how do we really know the zinc levels in the alleged zinc-rich food, to try and figure out if we are getting enough or too much? Food may be better, but it is guess work and trusting that the food source is replete in this mineral. Not all of us are weight lifters, etc. that eat tons of eggs, meat, etc., but rather, most are sitting in an office, part of the rat race, probably getting less nutrition than we would like.
Not trying to be negative about food, this is just something that makes me curious about getting zinc from that source, as opposed to a supplement that has a specific amount.

Last edited:

Nebula

My metabolism seems to have trouble with zinc transport. Getting zinc into cells. Do you have any experience or research with increasing zinc utilization when transport mechanisms are weak or damaged? Trying to increase protein lately to see if that helps. Do you think dairy inhibits zinc absorption/utilization much? I’m getting a lot of my protein through Greek yogurt lately.

FitnessMike

I think I do feel more assertive after eating around 300g of stakes daily, my sleep is all over the place right now but i will be eating a similar amount of red meat daily as i ordered many kilos of it and will try to be conscious of how it affects me, since i can't tolerate zinc supplement from which i felt significant testosterone boost, i hope to replicate this effect with red meat

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Food may be better than supplements, however, can we all say we are eating enough zinc rich foods, at the optimal amount everyday? Even then, how do we really know the zinc levels in the alleged zinc-rich food, to try and figure out if we are getting enough or too much? Food may be better, but it is guess work and trusting that the food source is replete in this mineral. Not all of us are weight lifters, etc. that eat tons of eggs, meat, etc., but rather, most are sitting in an office, part of the rat race, probably getting less nutrition than we would like.
Not trying to be negative about food, this is just something that makes me curious about getting zinc from that source, as opposed to a supplement that has a specific amount.
Yes good point. I've been thinking about that these last couple of days. Animals fed food grown in depleted soil. Plus, apparently, most of the food testing that's now used in most food databases was done in the 1940s or so I've heard.
However I still think that grass fed beef will have a good amount of zinc, because why would the soil become depleted if it's not overharvested?
Anyway, I'd still rather have people eat more zinc rich food rather than take a supp. There are 1000s of beneficial compounds in animal foods that will be missed out on.

Dave Clark

Yes good point. I've been thinking about that these last couple of days. Animals fed food grown in depleted soil. Plus, apparently, most of the food testing that's now used in most food databases was done in the 1940s or so I've heard.
However I still think that grass fed beef will have a good amount of zinc, because why would the soil become depleted if it's not overharvested?
Anyway, I'd still rather have people eat more zinc rich food rather than take a supp. There are 1000s of beneficial compounds in animal foods that will be missed out on.
Understood. For those of us that may not have that 'perfect' zinc diet, what do you think of perhaps just micro-dosing zinc? I know Nootropics Depot has two micro-zinc supplements for those that want to supplement on the low side. I myself eat grass-fed beef, etc., but my diet varies based on availability, cooking preferences. etc. I can't say with confidence that I know I am getting the amount I should everyday, and that is not even factoring in the digestion, absorption, and age. etc., which means if you are eating, for example, 30 mg zinc/day, what if you are not absorbing much of it, maybe from mineral blockers, antagonistic minerals, etc. I just feel there has to be a safe buffer that one could supplement with to make sure zinc levels are optimized, but not exceeded.
The amounts on the mciro-zinc are not elemental, 20 mg is about 8 mg elemental.

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
My metabolism seems to have trouble with zinc transport. Getting zinc into cells. Do you have any experience or research with increasing zinc utilization when transport mechanisms are weak or damaged? Trying to increase protein lately to see if that helps. Do you think dairy inhibits zinc absorption/utilization much? I’m getting a lot of my protein through Greek yogurt lately.
Curious, how do you know you have a zinc transport problem?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think I do feel more assertive after eating around 300g of stakes daily, my sleep is all over the place right now but i will be eating a similar amount of red meat daily as i ordered many kilos of it and will try to be conscious of how it affects me, since i can't tolerate zinc supplement from which i felt significant testosterone boost, i hope to replicate this effect with red meat
Can't you do oysters? Much higher in zinc and T-boosting peptides.

Sumbody

If one was to supplement zinc, what form do you feel is best?

I don't always have the convenience of eating oysters as much as I'd like. But I do eat beef, drink milk, etc.

Typically when I supplement, it's usually sporadic. In the case of zinc, I take 50mg Zinc Picolinate anywhere from 1-3 times a week before bed. Are there better forms to take?

Also am temporarily taking 480mg MG/day + Mitosynergy Copper. Including Taurine and B vitamins.

My supplementations usually stretch a few weeks or so and I take breaks until subconsciously I feel the need to take supplements again.

FitnessMike

Can't you do oysters? Much higher in zinc and T-boosting peptides.
they are absolutely disgusting, stink, and taste like raw dead fish, thin stakes on a butter are nice

Nebula

Curious, how do you know you have a zinc transport problem?
I can’t say for sure but I get zero effect from consuming zinc from any food or supplement form and I have many zinc deficiency symptoms.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I can’t say for sure but I get zero effect from consuming zinc from any food or supplement form and I have many zinc deficiency symptoms.
How much zinc do you consume daily from food? Dairy really isn't a good source of zinc.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Most people lack in copper as is, more zinc will make that worse, won't it?
Yes that's why I'm not a fan of supps. But even meat itself doesn't have a good copper zinc ratio. So it's good to add liver once in a while.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
If one was to supplement zinc, what form do you feel is best?

I don't always have the convenience of eating oysters as much as I'd like. But I do eat beef, drink milk, etc.

Typically when I supplement, it's usually sporadic. In the case of zinc, I take 50mg Zinc Picolinate anywhere from 1-3 times a week before bed. Are there better forms to take?

Also am temporarily taking 480mg MG/day + Mitosynergy Copper. Including Taurine and B vitamins.

My supplementations usually stretch a few weeks or so and I take breaks until subconsciously I feel the need to take supplements again.
Most forms are good. :thumbsup:

moa

Nice.

the YouTube video released today.

i totally agree with the statements regarding, better sleep, cortisol lowering of zinc (this will cause low metabolism, low energy symptoms if you were used to run on cortisol), to much zinc without copper causing low dopamine and even with copper if more than 15mg per day of zinc long term.

it does not talk in this video about gut and IBS-c improvements.

i use bisglycinate form, picolinate gave me copper deficiency symptoms, i think it's absobed and not used, causing some kind of unnecessary increase in binding protein for zinc and copper.

i 100% agree with everything in this video based on my own experience.

View: https://youtu.be/_gm1u68H_dw

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Nice.

the YouTube video released today.

i totally agree with the statements regarding, better sleep, cortisol lowering of zinc (this will cause low metabolism, low energy symptoms if you were used to run on cortisol), to much zinc without copper causing low dopamine and even with copper if more than 15mg per day of zinc long term.

it does not talk in this video about gut and IBS-c improvements.

i use bisglycinate form, picolinate gave me copper deficiency symptoms, i think it's absobed and not used, causing some kind of unnecessary increase in binding protein for zinc and copper.

i 100% agree with everything in this video based on my own experience.

View: https://youtu.be/_gm1u68H_dw

Thanks for watching!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals