I Started Supplementing Vitamin A Recently. Interesting Observation! (and Question)

GorillaHead

Yeah so exact same experience as me. And is the new vitamin A product that doesn't work just retinol palmitate?

I only just realised recently that acetate is so much more effective than palmitate. Acetate completely stops my hair loss whereas palmitate doesn't do anything.
Joey,you still using retinol acetate? I am wondering if it coukd help with hairloss at the temples. Ive been applying palmitate like 1 times a dat for two weeks. Its too early but not sure if its helping.

Arrade

Maybe the Vit A lowered estrogen?
Idk, hard for me to see high Vit A being pro hair

GorillaHead

I am having the same experience however my good effects are still here. And i believe whats crucial that OP missed was the vitamin E. Ive done vitamin A alone before no benefit. It wasnt until high dose E did i start to see serious benefits. Whats odd is the befits last 24 hours and i have to keep reupping.

Synthetic tocppherola a doesnt work. I am using mixed. That also has tocotrienols in it

ursidae

I am having the same experience however my good effects are still here. And i believe whats crucial that OP missed was the vitamin E. Ive done vitamin A alone before no benefit. It wasnt until high dose E did i start to see serious benefits. Whats odd is the befits last 24 hours and i have to keep reupping.

Synthetic tocppherola a doesnt work. I am using mixed. That also has tocotrienols in it
What brand?

GorillaHead

What brand?

life extension gamma E.

today i took regular vitamin e with vitamin A and D and zero benefit back to flaking. I get more gamma E tmrw will test. I am curious if its the gamma form that is beneficial and I suspect it may be.

GorillaHead

What happened to this. Cause with all my wins on this front. I keep getting back to square one but OPs experience is literally my experience to the T. @ddjd have the same experience as you. Did you ever solve this issue?

Dr Jimmy

I think vitamin A is a huge factor in stopping hair loss. Hair loss seems to be caused partially by improper androgen production in certain tissues such as the skin. Vitamin A is overall androgenic but is anti-androgenic in some tissues. That is it corrects improper androgenic signalling. Stress hormones such as estrogen promote improper androgenic signalling as it increases DHT activity in the skin by many fold (around 30 if I remember correctly).
The secret of vitamin A.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals