Very Warm, Heat Flashes?

How to get rid of heat flashes

• Advice please

• Help please

Results are only viewable after voting.

Queen foodie

I need some advice. New to this forum. I take 50mcg t3 every morning for last 2 years. Felt on top of the world with t3 until recently when I started taking fruits and spir
ulina to detox and instead have caused a new problem. Feeling a lot of heat flashes...in the morning, in the afternoon and even at night when I sleep. Wondering if it's the fruits or spirulina causing this? Very confused.

OP
Q

Queen foodie

50 mcg t3 is a lotttt at once. I believe Ray Peat recommends 1 to 5mcg at a time dosed throughout the day. Danny Roddy has a good article on thyroid supplementing. Demystifying Thyroid Supplementation | Dannyroddy.com on Patreon

Edit: too much t3 could be the cause of hot flashes, especially if you’ve recently improved diet, lifestyle, etc
Thanks!! Never thought of it as perhaps my liver/thyroid improving with improved diet.....may need to titrate down slowly my t3 and see if it helps!

Thanks!! Never thought of it as perhaps my liver/thyroid improving with improved diet.....may need to titrate down slowly my t3 and see if it helps!

It is slightly bad avice tbqh.

OP said:
"every morning for last 2 years. Felt on top of the world with t3 until recently."
So entire 2 years "top of the world" and you want to change that?
2 years are an awful long time for overdosing to creep up.
I would advise against tempering with the dose.What else did you change
in those 2 years,would be a question to ask really.
Tampering with doses once optimal isnt a slight undertaking.

bumtrash

It is slightly bad avice tbqh.

For the record, I never “advised” op to do to anything. I said it *could* be excess t3 based on the information given. But I do think ideal thyroid dose is not as static as you suggest. Many people including Ray have talked about having to take more or less thyroid supplement according to the seasons and/or environment. Just something to chew on.

Edit: OP, you might already know this but tracking your temperature and pulse throughout the day is easy and will give you a pretty reliable estimate of where your thyroid function is at and how to dose accordingly. Best of luck to you

Last edited:
Infering that 50mcg t3 is a lotttt is an intensity signal that something is verrrry wrong.
She was on top of the world with that Dose.You dont screw with hormones like a mechanic tbh.
1 to 5mcg is an awful low dose,gotta believe that.100mcg is full replacement Dose,50mcg
even at once is very reasonable.
Please be more cautious with advice,I believe we should take more care in general with our fellow members. Screwing around with the hormonal level who was perfectly fine should give us all a bit of a pause.
You said this:
50 mcg t3 is a lotttt at once. I believe Ray Peat recommends 1 to 5mcg at a time dosed throughout the day. Danny Roddy has a good article on thyroid supplementing. Demystifying Thyroid Supplementation | Dannyroddy.com on Patreon

Edit: too much t3 could be the cause of hot flashes, especially if you’ve recently improved diet, lifestyle, etc

I need some advice. New to this forum. I take 50mcg t3 every morning for last 2 years. Felt on top of the world with t3 until recently when I started taking fruits and spir
ulina to detox and instead have caused a new problem. Feeling a lot of heat flashes...in the morning, in the afternoon and even at night when I sleep. Wondering if it's the fruits or spirulina causing this? Very confused.

Can you describe us your daily eating,what did you have for the day,what did you "improve",and so on.

bumtrash

Infering that 50mcg t3 is a lotttt is an intensity signal that something is verrrry wrong.
You're misquoting me. I said it's a lot at once. I agree that 50mcg could be a reasonable dose, if spread throughout the day. Through my personal experience I've come to believe that this is an important bullet point when it comes thyroid supplementation. That said, of course everyone is different. I'm offering information that helped me along the way.

Here are some quotes from Peat on the subject:
"...Each dose shouldn't contain much more than maybe 10 mcg of T3. If you're going to take say 10 mcg of Cytomel and 40 mcg of T4 then you should break it so that each dose doesn't give you much more than 10 mcg of T3."
"T3, by lowering stress, sometimes reveals a low basal metabolic rate, that was hidden by high stress hormones. The body produces about 4 mcg of T3 per hour, so taking more than that can interfere with regulatory processes."
"The body makes up to about 4 mcg of T3 in an hour, so each dose should be small, with food to delay absorption. Are you having orange juice and milk in your diet? Sometimes a B vitamin deficiency, especially B1, can cause the fog. A supplement of 10 mg. is often enough to improve focus and prevent fatigue.

When you take T3 without food, it enters the blood stream very suddenly, and the liver is likely to detect an excessive amount, causing it to produce enzymes to eliminate it. The result can be a decrease in T3 for the rest of the day, especially at night if you took it in the morning."

Please be more cautious with advice
Again, I have not advised OP to do anything.

I know what he has to say about it.
It is your slightly careless wording and lack of follow up that is a problem.
Again,she was fine with it,On top of the World actually.First thing you respond is screw with your once optimal
hormone replacement around.It isnt to be taken lightly?
She was on top of the World for 2 years,please use more careful advice, or what was your "message" about?

bumtrash

I know what he has to say about it.
It is your slightly careless wording and lack of follow up that is a problem.
Point taken.

My message was about this: I've personally experienced heat flashes when taking too much thyroid, so based on the information provided, that stood out to me the most.

Edit: Luckily there are lots of people on this forum to offer their perspective, nobody should just listen to one anonymous voice on the internet

Point taken.

My message was about this: I've personally experienced heat flashes when taking too much thyroid, so based on the information provided, that stood out to me the most.

Edit: Luckily there are lots of people on this forum to offer their perspective, nobody should just listen to one anonymous voice on the internet

Very well.
I do am still curious on what the OP feeds on though.
Maybe we hear back from her.

OP
Q

Queen foodie

Thank you Tristan and Bumtrash! Just a quick background, I had to experiment with T3 a few years ago as T4 gives me problems and natural glandular don't work for my hypothyroid. I was hypo for a few years until I went on pure t3 and then I felt so much better. It changed everything, I lost a little , got mexcess weight, had more energy and had less anxiety. All changedt changed a few weeks ago when I read about taking celery juice on empty stomach and taking fruits to detox and added spirulina. I was never into juicing or fruits or spirulina or any of these healthy detox regimes but decided to try it. Didn't expect to suddenly feel so hot all the time. Never happened before. I am wondering if all this juicing and spirulina has really cleansed my liver and perhaps caused me to require less than 50mcg of T3? I decided to do 37.5mcg this morning and will monitor for 2 weeks to see what happens.

OP
Q

Queen foodie

In case you are curious to find out how 37.5mcg dosage went yesterday, the heat flashes disappeared but the bad thing with lower dosage is my brain fog returned and I feel tired! Between feeling hot and brain fog, I sure prefer being hot. I am reverting to 50mcg in the morning again (my tested dosage that worked for last 2 years). I hope the heat flashes don't return but who knows what's causing it....celery juice or fruits or age? (I am 52 entering menopause possibly with other hormones fluctuating).

Ihor

@Queen foodie
If you go into menopause, then maybe it's estrogen and iron, which the body retains during the restructuring of the hormonal balance in women at this time.
As I know, iron itself can cause flashes and heat flashes, and during menopause, when estrogen is mainly reduced and menstruation stops, endogenous iron metabolism can be extremely unstable and probably additional dietary non-heme iron cause these outbreaks or through the response of the immune system to it, reacting to it as an infection.
I thought so, because there is a lot of iron in spirulina, as much as 28 mg per 100 grams of powder, and this is 356% of the daily amount by the chronometer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals