Extreme Hot Flashes

koshko

Hello i am new here. I am 31 y o female. For the past few months my hands started to burn, they were always cold before. I am having hot flashes mostly in the morning, it takes almost an hour and my heart beats stronger and faster than normal/
I start my day with coffee and maple syrup, sometimes add cacao. I dont take any supplements yet or thyroid, because i am so confused about which one i should choose. I dont think i am having enough calories as well. I am underweight. My diet based on coffee, oj, potatoes, ghee, boiled rice, green broth, fruits, goat cheese, pasteurised milk, meat, honey and liver.
I am really worried of these extreme heat flashes.
Do you think too much goat cheese and milk can cause this or what is your suggestions regarding on my issue.

Hello i am new here. I am 31 y o female. For the past few months my hands to burn, they were always cold before. I am having hot flashes mostly in the morning, it takes almost an hour and my heart beats stronger and faster than normal/
I start my day with coffee and maple syrup, sometimes add cacao. I dont take any supplements yet or thyroid, because i am so confused about which one i should choose. I dont think i am having enough calories as well. I am underweight. My diet based on coffee, oj, potatoes, ghee, boiled rice, green broth, fruits, goat cheese, pasteurised milk, meat, honey and liver.
I am really worried of these extreme heat flashes.
Do you think too much goat cheese and milk can cause this or what is your suggestions regarding on my issue.

Welcome to the forum koshko! My first guess would be you are having a histamine reaction, and the cacao or maple syrup would be the first things I would eliminate to see if it goes away. Are you drinking organic coffee? Coffee and potatoes are the most pesticide laden products.

OP
koshko

koshko

Welcome to the forum koshko! My first guess would be you are having a histamine reaction, and the cacao or maple syrup would be the first things I would eliminate to see if it goes away. Are you drinking organic coffee? Coffee and potatoes are the most pesticide laden products.
I am good with organic coffee and others. It starts like typical hot flash starts from neck all the way down but it takes longer and feels like i am having organ failure or hormonal storm,too much heat. On these days i also feel like my thyroid gland is inflammated, feel more like someone is squeezing my neck, i can breath easily but pressure is still there. Do you think thyroid antibodies can cause this?And whatever causing the hot flashes can also cause reaction on thyroid gland? I am trying to keep a track of these symptoms. And see if it only occurs in luteal phase or if i am having more histamine reactions.
Thank you for your reply. I have so much to learn.

I am good with organic coffee and others. It starts like typical hot flash starts from neck all the way down but it takes longer and feels like i am having organ failure or hormonal storm,too much heat. On these days i also feel like my thyroid gland is inflammated, feel more like someone is squeezing my neck, i can breath easily but pressure is still there. Do you think thyroid antibodies can cause this?And whatever causing the hot flashes can also cause reaction on thyroid gland? I am trying to keep a track of these symptoms. And see if it only occurs in luteal phase or if i am having more histamine reactions.
Thank you for your reply. I have so much to learn.
I REALLY think is sound histamine related koshko. My son and I have delt with histamine intolerance for many years now, him more than me now cause he doesn't "Peat". He gets that squeezing neck feeling and I get the burning hands. My son is only 25 and gets that thyroid swelling every so often too. He is still recovering from 4 years of being vegetarian, which messed up his health. I know those hot flashes, burning up from the inside out. I react bad to flouride so washing dishes I get that same feeling from the water. I sometimes have to sit with hands on ice packs and on my neck too. We have healed so much from the process of elimination and I think your morning routine is raising your histamine levels, which can take days to get back to normal. The other thing you can do is to do everything the same, but take a 12-hour Claratin in the morning and see if you have same extreme reactions. If you don't have a reaction then you know it is histamine related. Histamine intolerance covers a hundred odd symptoms from rashes, heart problems, digestive issues, fatigue, sleep and much more. You would be surprised. Keep in mind histamine intolerance is not an allergy. Trust me 90% of us over the age 20 have some sort thyroid deficiency because of the toxins in our furniture, clothing, food, water, air, Emf's, stress. Starting with the histamines will give quick answers as what to do next.

P

Peatness

It sounds like your blood sugar may be dropping too much with the coffee first thing in the morning. Is your hormone profile good?

"One of the things progesterone does is to stabilize blood sugar. In one experiment, hot flashes were found to be increased by lowering blood sugar, and decreased by moderately increasing blood sugar " Dr Peat

Vileplume

Hey Koshko.

I agree with Rinse and Pina above that histamines and blood sugar problems could be culprits. In interviews and articles, Ray Peat always mentions that hot flashes result from an increase in nitric oxide, which can stem from a lot of things but often from low blood sugar. Have you tried checking your blood sugar in the morning?

I have dealt a lot with hot flashes too, and these things seemed to help:
-starting thyroid, but progressing slowly. Synthetic thyroid worked better than desiccated (NDT) because the NDT seemed to trigger hot flashes, while cynoplus/cynomel don’t. I emailed Ray once about my hot flashes, and his first question was “have you tried thyroid to improve your body’s temperature regulation?” or something along those lines.
-improving digestion. How is your digestion? Not to ask TMI, but do you have a daily bowel movement? When my digestion gets inflamed and slows down, I start getting more hot flashes, tachycardia, sweating. For me this meant cutting out problem foods like starches, and canned foods that can be high histamine.
-making calcium-rich dairy my primary protein. If you tolerate milk well, increasing it could help. You could also try switching to A2 protein like goat milk, and see if that digests better.
-magnesium bicarbonate water. Helps with digestion, energy, blood sugar.
-plenty of sodium. This helps keep my stress hormones and heart rate lower, and seems to help hot flashes.

I hope this helps! There is always more to learn, but one step at a time and you will improve.

I drink coffee every morning and it ruines me but will I stop?, no. Don't do as I do :):
Ha! Coffee has been a lifesaver for me and my son where histamines are concerned. The cacao would undo coffee's benefits as it is a "histamine liberator". Ray does say to balance coffee with a protein and have it with milk and sugar or it can mess blood sugar.

P

Peatness

Ha! Coffee has been a lifesaver for me and my son where histamines are concerned. The cacao would undo coffee's benefits as it is a "histamine liberator". Ray does say to balance coffee with a protein and have it with milk and sugar or it can mess blood sugar.
Mine is with gelatin/sugar/salt/milk simply delicious

Mine is with gelatin/sugar/salt/milk simply delicious
It's weird I always felt a little "off" with coffee and could barely get through the first cup until we bought an espresso machine and now I am drinking 4 and could keep going. Now it makes me wonder if the larger amount of water in brewed is the issue, but I don't know why since it is filtered with the flouride gone too? Before the machine I just bought premade espresso shots to get in more coffee.

P

Peatness

It's weird I always felt a little "off" with coffee and could barely get through the first cup until we bought an espresso machine and now I am drinking 4 and could keep going. Now it makes me wonder if the larger amount of water in brewed is the issue, but I don't know why since it is filtered with the flouride gone too? Before the machine I just bought premade espresso shots to get in more coffee.
The amount of fluid is an issue. My latte is around 500ml which is a lot of liquid. I only have one cup a day.

OP
koshko

koshko

I REALLY think is sound histamine related koshko. My son and I have delt with histamine intolerance for many years now, him more than me now cause he doesn't "Peat". He gets that squeezing neck feeling and I get the burning hands. My son is only 25 and gets that thyroid swelling every so often too. He is still recovering from 4 years of being vegetarian, which messed up his health. I know those hot flashes, burning up from the inside out. I react bad to flouride so washing dishes I get that same feeling from the water. I sometimes have to sit with hands on ice packs and on my neck too. We have healed so much from the process of elimination and I think your morning routine is raising your histamine levels, which can take days to get back to normal. The other thing you can do is to do everything the same, but take a 12-hour Claratin in the morning and see if you have same extreme reactions. If you don't have a reaction then you know it is histamine related. Histamine intolerance covers a hundred odd symptoms from rashes, heart problems, digestive issues, fatigue, sleep and much more. You would be surprised. Keep in mind histamine intolerance is not an allergy. Trust me 90% of us over the age 20 have some sort thyroid deficiency because of the toxins in our furniture, clothing, food, water, air, Emf's, stress. Starting with the histamines will give quick answers as what to do next.
It might be also have complete dry and numb nose time to tome with numb upper teeth, like after dental anesthetic shots.I should test it as you said. I want to quit smoking without creating to much stress to my system and thyroid. I had very bad diets vegan, carnivore and too much stress. So i expect every odd symptom. I should take RP diet or calori intake more seriously because i am loosing weight and muscle but i check your recipes and got inspired to cook more. It is not easy to find organic stuff here which makes everything worse.

OP
koshko

koshko

It sounds like your blood sugar may be dropping too much with the coffee first thing in the morning. Is your hormone profile good?
I will test them again on my 1st week, They seem in range for luteal phase but i suffer from fibrocystic breasts and very little and short bleeding on my period.

I am glad you are finding inspiration from my recipe threads! You don't have to buy everything organic, which I talk about on my Organics thread Organics - The Clean 15 & The Dirty Dozen

You know my husband use to be a big smoker until he switched to vaping 10 years ago and he was getting a numb nose too. I haven't heard him mention it in a very long time now that you mention it. Maybe his was from the cigarettes? If that is the case you might be not getting oxygen to those areas. My brother is an avid smoker and his teeth have been falling randomly, just watching tv and it started in his mid 30's. Considering it takes 11 years to get your gum health back after one quits smoking, you don't want to wait until your teeth are falling out to quit. Oh my gosh those are my worst nightmares!

OP
koshko

koshko

Hey Koshko.

I agree with Rinse and Pina above that histamines and blood sugar problems could be culprits. In interviews and articles, Ray Peat always mentions that hot flashes result from an increase in nitric oxide, which can stem from a lot of things but often from low blood sugar. Have you tried checking your blood sugar in the morning?

-starting thyroid, but progressing slowly. Synthetic thyroid worked better than desiccated (NDT) because the NDT seemed to trigger hot flashes, while cynoplus/cynomel don’t. I emailed Ray once about my hot flashes, and his first question was “have you tried thyroid to improve your body’s temperature regulation?” or something along those lines.
-improving digestion. How is your digestion? Not to ask TMI, but do you have a daily bowel movement? When my digestion gets inflamed and slows down, I start getting more hot flashes, tachycardia, sweating. For me this meant cutting out problem foods like starches, and canned foods that can be high histamine.
-making calcium-rich dairy my primary protein. If you tolerate milk well, increasing it could help. You could also try switching to A2 protein like goat milk, and see if that digests better.
-plenty of sodium. This helps keep my stress hormones and heart rate lower, and seems to help hot flashes.

I hope this helps! There is always more to learn, but one step at a time and you will improve.

Hey Koshko.

i will test my blood sugar in the morning, it is definetely worth to test. Thank you! I am definetely diarhea free without barely cooked veggies and carrot salad help me a lot, I consume lots of cheese and dairy, is there a limit for cheese? No i havent tried thyroid yet but i think i should, i am thinking about tyromix as a start.this is my recent blood test
T3 1.69 nmol/L 1.18-3.40
Reverse T3 0.61 0.31-0.95
fT3 4.53 pmol/L 3.39-6.47
T4 98.69 nmol/L 57.6-161.3
fT4 11.37 pmol/L 10.29-21.88
TSH 2.79 uIU/mL 0.30-3.60
anti-TPO 814.40 IU/mL 1.00-16.00
anti-TG 567.30 IU/mL 5.00-100.00
Vitamin D (25-OH) 41.0 nmol/L 75.0-200.0
Prolaktin 294.1 uIU/mL 102.0-496.0
Cortizol 408.0 nmol/L at 8.30am (6-10h) 133.0-537.0

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals