Can't put on weight

koshko

Hello, I am 50 kg and 170cm, underweight for few years. I started Peating few months ago when i learned my TSH is at the border and antibodies are extremely high, i was carnivore last year(what a mistake :() I lose more weight if i dont stress my muscles so i go to intense ballet classes 2 times a week, it might not be the best choice of workout but i have some sacrum issues and it is what i am or i used to be comfortable with. These days I am suffering from fatigue mostly sleeping,loosing weight and muscle. I tried to consume more rice, more potatoes, more cheese but they didnt work. Butter gives me fatigue and honey makes me completely shut down that I have to sleep for 4 hours after eating. I consume lots of maple syrup and ghee by hoping they might help me stop loosing weight. I started taking thyroid still trying to find the right dose and hoping to keep my mass and gain more weight. Thanks for your time and hoping to hear your suggestions.

S-VV

The fact that foods make you tired or shut down is not necessarily a bad thing, as in the fed state (according to peat) stress hormones fall.

In the absence of a good thyroid driven metabolism, ie a metabolic rate driven by adrenaline, this will produce the feeling of tiredness

OP
koshko

koshko

The fact that foods make you tired or shut down is not necessarily a bad thing, as in the fed state (according to peat) stress hormones fall.

In the absence of a good thyroid driven metabolism, ie a metabolic rate driven by adrenaline, this will produce the feeling of tiredness
The chills that i feel sometimes around my skull and calves might be a sign of my adrenaline driven metabolism. Thanks

OP
koshko

koshko

take some cyproheptadine for a few weeks, you'll gain some pounds easily
I will check what it is. All i know is it is for allergies and i must have some allergies depends on my blood test even i dont show most known symptoms.

OP
koshko

koshko

Why do you need to gain weight? BMI is a simply a number, listen to your body. Some bodies feel best thin, others chubby. Depends on genetics and history.
This is what my body says. I am not trying to modify my body. I am genetically lean but my body is eating itself and i need to put some healthy cholesterol and manage to keep the fat on me.

Jennifer

Hello, I am 50 kg and 170cm, underweight for few years. I started Peating few months ago when i learned my TSH is at the border and antibodies are extremely high, i was carnivore last year(what a mistake :() I lose more weight if i dont stress my muscles so i go to intense ballet classes 2 times a week, it might not be the best choice of workout but i have some sacrum issues and it is what i am or i used to be comfortable with. These days I am suffering from fatigue mostly sleeping,loosing weight and muscle. I tried to consume more rice, more potatoes, more cheese but they didnt work. Butter gives me fatigue and honey makes me completely shut down that I have to sleep for 4 hours after eating. I consume lots of maple syrup and ghee by hoping they might help me stop loosing weight. I started taking thyroid still trying to find the right dose and hoping to keep my mass and gain more weight. Thanks for your time and hoping to hear your suggestions.

I had elevated antibodies and have struggled with keeping weight on, too. I agree with S-VV’s comment. If you’ve been running on stress hormones due to poor thyroid function, anything that reduces them will likely make you feel sleepy—and possibly increased pain in your sacrum since they suppress pain—until you’re on the proper dose of thyroid for it to function well. I have a back injury so I felt increased pain in my spine initially when I started taking thyroid.

Do you get enough salt in your diet and have you tried increasing your protein intake, particularly with milk? Along with thyroid, milk helped with lowering my stress hormones and I was able to build muscle without any extra effort—I practice ballet/dance too and haven’t had a problem with muscle wasting since I started drinking milk again. I find milk with an egg yolk (or gelatin if well tolerated), sugar and a pinch of salt helps with recovery after dance practice.

OP
koshko

koshko

I had elevated antibodies and have struggled with keeping weight on, too. I agree with S-VV’s comment. If you’ve been running on stress hormones due to poor thyroid function, anything that reduces them will likely make you feel sleepy—and possibly increased pain in your sacrum since they suppress pain—until you’re on the proper dose of thyroid for it to function well. I have a back injury so I felt increased pain in my spine initially when I started taking thyroid.

Do you get enough salt in your diet and have you tried increasing your protein intake, particularly with milk? Along with thyroid, milk helped with lowering my stress hormones and I was able to build muscle without any extra effort—I practice ballet/dance too and haven’t had a problem with muscle wasting since I started drinking milk again. I find milk with an egg yolk (or gelatin if well tolerated), sugar and a pinch of salt helps with recovery after dance practice.
Hey Jennifer, happy to hear from you, i have read many of your threads. Please tell me how you manage to lower antibodies. I started tyromix 2days ago.
I love goat milk(non-organic and pasteurized), I couldnt find any raw milk that i can trust, tried raw cheese few times but i stick to goat milk with honey and some old goat cheese. My salt intake is good, simple table salt(i hope little iodine in it vaporise).
And yes i felt some sudden pain after thyroid and i was surprised it was my knee, also so much noise is coming from sacro-illiac joints almost like a skeleton dance.

BodhiBlues

Have you tried drinking lots of whole milk? I tend to have a low appetite after doing intermittent fasting for years and I find that it works really well to get healthy extra calories in without stressing my digestion too much. I find it quite easy to drink 2 liters of milk a day when I need to, and that is around 1,200 calories.

OP
koshko

koshko

Have you tried drinking lots of whole milk? I tend to have a low appetite after doing intermittent fasting for years and I find that it works really well to get healthy extra calories in without stressing my digestion too much. I find it quite easy to drink 2 liters of milk a day when I need to, and that is around 1,200 calories.
It is really good to know, it is not realistic for me to consume even 2000calories from food, i find myself trying to eat 1kilo potatoes swimming in ghee to have nore calories.I am not used to eat much, this is why i am struggling with fruits.I cannot eat 5 apples or kilos of fruit in a day.I still have a lot to learn but if i am drinking that much milk is there a need for supplement to send the calcium to right tissues not to kidneys?. I drink 1lt but i can easily drink more.

BodhiBlues

It is really good to know, it is not realistic for me to consume even 2000calories from food, i find myself trying to eat 1kilo potatoes swimming in ghee to have nore calories.I am not used to eat much, this is why i am struggling with fruits.I cannot eat 5 apples or kilos of fruit in a day.I still have a lot to learn but if i am drinking that much milk is there a need for supplement to send the calcium to right tissues not to kidneys?. I drink 1lt but i can easily drink more.
When consuming lots of calcium, a good K2 supplement is a good idea as it helps the calcium get to your bones and teeth, I use Life Extension K2 which is often recommended here.

Jennifer

Hey Jennifer, happy to hear from you, i have read many of your threads. Please tell me how you manage to lower antibodies. I started tyromix 2days ago.
I love goat milk(non-organic and pasteurized), I couldnt find any raw milk that i can trust, tried raw cheese few times but i stick to goat milk with honey and some old goat cheese. My salt intake is good, simple table salt(i hope little iodine in it vaporise).
And yes i felt some sudden pain after thyroid and i was surprised it was my knee, also so much noise is coming from sacro-illiac joints almost like a skeleton dance.

NDT (WP Thyroid) lowered my antibodies so hopefully the TyroMix will work out well for you. Honestly, I don’t think there is anything wrong with pasteurized milk if you tolerate it well. I started out with a non-organic, pasteurized goat’s milk and even though I buy raw milk now, I still heat it up occasionally when making hot cocoa. LOL at skeleton dance. My joints were making a lot of noise, too. I just saw your response to BodhiBlues. I thought you were losing weight despite eating a lot of calories. You’re actually better off than I was, in that regard. I wasn’t able to maintain my weight consuming over 3000 calories a day. It’s great that you can easily drink more than a liter of milk. Coming from a low fiber/low volume diet like carnivore, milk is an easy way to get in more calories.

AdR

I would reduce ghee in favor of the rawest possible butter/ coconut cream. Oxidized cholesterol is probably not something you body can deal with if it is weak. I also developed an issue from fasting and tried to climb out of it using a lot of ghee and my liver could not handle it well. If that happens you will have to address the liver before the weight.

Stay with the carbs of course. One of the reasons carnivore can fail is that it is a scavenger diet rather than a hunter diet, since there is no glycogen (carbs) left. Also, getting b vitamins from the best source you can find if you are refeeding carbs may help you a lot. I don't think humans or apes were built to eat a keto friendly diet. Final idea would be to get enough calcium/magnesium/sodium from food. I would think that you have little chance of zinc deficiency or associated symptoms, but you might need a good food source of copper since you are coming off carnivore.

OP
koshko

koshko

I guess good copper source is seafood, like squids or oysters, right? I thought about copper but it is too complicated when it comes to supplements and not easy to balance. I tried thiamine and it gave me fatigue but i got surprised when i read some people take 6grams a day. Maybe i need a mix Bs not only B1. Or i need to eat more carbs before consuming it.
I need to fix my cholesterol as well.
You might be right about ghee. My lab results dont promise me a good cardiovascular health
You are so right about carnivore diet, my meals still look like scavengers food. I still couldnt find any raw or clean dairy and not sure about the coconut oil because they all have intense flavour and smell, so it might not be right version of it.

Last edited:
OP
koshko

koshko

NDT (WP Thyroid) lowered my antibodies so hopefully the TyroMix will work out well for you. Honestly, I don’t think there is anything wrong with pasteurized milk if you tolerate it well. I started out with a non-organic, pasteurized goat’s milk and even though I buy raw milk now, I still heat it up occasionally when making hot cocoa. LOL at skeleton dance. My joints were making a lot of noise, too. I just saw your response to BodhiBlues. I thought you were losing weight despite eating a lot of calories. You’re actually better off than I was, in that regard. I wasn’t able to maintain my weight consuming over 3000 calories a day. It’s great that you can easily drink more than a liter of milk. Coming from a low fiber/low volume diet like carnivore, milk is an easy way to get in more calories.
I am still loosing weight it is not stable and maybe i consume over 3000 i didnt count all the honey, glass of maple syrup,milk and juices. i am consuming as much as i can.. I am loosing muscle all the time, It is frustrating to see i go below 50 and looks so skinny. I guess you mentioned in some thread that you stop eating meat and it helped you to lower antibodies? And how can i decide on thyroid dose? it depends on how i feel, energy and future lab results?

Last edited:
P

Peatness

I am still loosing weight it is not stable and maybe i consume over 3000 i didnt count all the honey, glass of maple syrup,milk and juices. i am consuming as much as i can.. I am loosing muscle all the time, It is frustrating to see i go below 50 and looks so skinny. I guess you mentioned in some thread that you stop eating meat and it helped you to lower antibodies? And how can i decide on thyroid dose? it depends on how i feel, energy and future lab results?
Once you give up smoking you will gain weight, this is guaranteed.

lampofred

Your lactic acid is probably high if you can't put on healthy weight. Aspirin and capsaicin lower lactic acid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals