Use Of Sauna + Hot Baths

Hello everyone!

I am looking to conduct an experiment over the next 3 days. I have done today and have the temps. I am looking to see how the sauna and hot bath can affect and alter temp. I figured this could be of value to some people out there.

Where my idea stems from is that if one is to put his body in a climate warmer than normal the body will adapt and eventually rise to that temp and hopefully hold after being conditioned time and time again to this.

I use the sauna and hot baths frequently so this is a great excuse to hold myself accountable and also get in a nice co2 bath with epsom salt daily.

The sauna I use is set to 140 degrees and hot bath is just hottest I can comfortably bear.

I am curious as to if anyone has information on what I am currently doing and if my theory is true? Also if anyone has a float tank and has done something similar.

A float tank would be perfect for this as one can literally soak in it for hours, adjust temp to what is desired and also absorb plenty of magnesium in the meantime.

Here is another thread I have dug up on sauna's: Saunas: Good Or Bad In PeatLand?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here are today's temps (8/8) so far:
8/8
Left sauna at 6:40
Temp at 6:49pm : 98.4
Temp at 7:09 : 97.5
Temp at 7:29: 97.6

Before bath
Temp at 8:19: 96.6
After Bath
Temp at 8:51: 97.5

Last edited:
OP
Elchapchapchapo
Temp upon waking:96.4
BPM upon waking: 87 BPM

Temps for (8/9)
before sauna
Temp before sauna: 96.4
BPM before sauna: 75
after sauna
Temp at 8:10pm: 98
BPM at 8:10pm: 96
Temp at 8:30pm: 98.4
BPM at 8:30pm: 84

Temp before Hot Bath w/Epsom Salt and Baking Soda
Temp at 9:16: 97
BPM at 9:16: 63
Temp after Hot Bath
Temp at 9:53: 97.7
BPM at 9:53: 81

I didn't get much sleep last night only ~3 hours. However I was energized throughout the day without really feeling the need to reach for a nap. I think going to the sauna curbed this quite a bit. I also had a Reed's Extra Ginger Brew before going to sauna so maybe this was a contributing factor as well. Just want to put this in here as I found this to be a gem within the forum: Escaping Learned Helplessness - Basically Haidut says it may be possible that learned helplessness may be helped through taking
Ondansetron is also very helpful. Human dosage of <4mg daily reversed learned helplessness
and then
I think it was over the course of 2 months. Here is the study:

5-HT3 receptor antagonists reverse helpless behaviour in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

If you prefer the natural route, ginger has a number of compounds that are strong 5-HT3 antagonists and that is the presumed reason behind its effectiveness for nausea and vomiting.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced ... gDone=true
Anti-5-hydroxytryptamine3 effect of galanolactone, diterpenoid isolated from ginger. - PubMed - NCBI
The effect of the volatile oil from ginger rhizomes (Zingiber officinale), its fractions and isolated compounds on the 5-HT3 receptor complex and t... - PubMed - NCBI
Effects of ginger constituents on the gastrointestinal tract: role of cholinergic M3 and serotonergic 5-HT3 and 5-HT4 receptors. - PubMed - NCBI

I exchanged some emails years ago with an Iranian scientist working exclusively with ginger and he said the optimal daily dosage for ginger is 5g (teaspoon) of ginger juice or 20g of actual ginger root. It could be different for you but it is a good starting guideline.

Last edited:
OP
Elchapchapchapo
Here are results from today (8/10):
Temp before sauna: 97.7
BPM before sauna: 81
after sauna
Temp after : 97.7
BPM after: 105
Temp before bath: 96.5
BPM before bath: 66
Temp after bath: 98.8
BPM after bath: 96

I can say that I defintely have experienced what hyperthyorid feels like now and know this feeling as I have crept into it just a bit. The thing that really surprised me is that my temp stayed at 97.7 after sauna.
I do have to say I believe in the power of the sauna. One of the best things about being in the sauna is it clears up my thinking and I begin to feel much more alert.
I think I am starting to see effects of the CO2 as well. Will know for sure this weekend when I am away from home.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals