5 Days 5 Different Results - Why?

OP
L

Luckytype

are you enjoying your life? You sound like you are not. It is all so anal, being logged etc.

I think you are very stressed out and this makes everything so much worse.

Ice cream might be fun.
I love haagen vanilla.

This is the weird thing, im not an anal person, and actually before this started happening i eliminated all the major stressors of my life. I have no kids, a wonderful woman in my life and freedom otherwise

I led a somewhat stressful life before and those stressors werent reallt stressFUL just normal stupid things we all deal with, but thats gone. I live life, travel, enjoy good food and good people. Im freezing, groggy and it does limit my enjoyment a bit now. Its ridiculous

OP
L

Luckytype

I think this can be a bigger issue than you think. Like trying to inflict a particular diet upon yourself even if you don't see results and it's extremely boring, or ignoring the boredom of your life (diet aside). I'm not saying this is the main reason behind cold temperatures.

Im not even sure where to start unfortunately.

Im fine with eating boring if i have to - i eat to live not really live to eat. What drives me crazy is my full bloodwork is fine. Not a single abnormal thing from what was measured. With diagnostics giving me nothing for information I simply dont know what the next step is. Ive been ready to feel better, no idea how to achieve it.

aquaman

Luckytape I wouldn't take that VoS list as in any way even closely needed. It's insane, and hardly a picture of health taking 15 supps a day!

theLaw

Luckytape I wouldn't take that VoS list as in any way even closely needed. It's insane, and hardly a picture of health taking 15 supps a day!

I actually agree with this.

VOS was attempting to make a "complete" sup list based on Peat's suggestions, but adding all of them at once is definitely a bad idea.

Personally, I had my doubts at first about the numbers on that list, but after researching them here, none of them are really outside of what Peat and Haidut have recommend for people depending on their situation, but context is king.

I post it as a general guide for those having issues to help with the big picture.:D

Wagner83

Im not even sure where to start unfortunately.

Im fine with eating boring if i have to - i eat to live not really live to eat. What drives me crazy is my full bloodwork is fine. Not a single abnormal thing from what was measured. With diagnostics giving me nothing for information I simply dont know what the next step is. Ive been ready to feel better, no idea how to achieve it.
Ok, I thought you meant your life was boring, not just the diet. In any case my point was don't forget environment : social interactions, work, novelty and perhaps a few pinches of creativity can all play a big part in health , travelling to new places is a good example of that. From what you say digestion is good so that's great, how many BM a day do you have? What do you mean by feeling like crap besides being cold and shedding hair ? What blood work did you do (not that I can help with the latter but it may give some clues to others)?

OP
L

Luckytype

1 large bm about 10 minutes after i wake in the morning(like clockwork), sometimes a smaller movement in the afternoon following lunch. Lately its been softer than i would like

By crap - i mean cold, frigid hands and feet. Sometimes crusty eyes in the morning, my eyes get itchy in the corners and once touched they tear up like a faucet. Im brain foggy sometimes, a tad forgetful since it all started. My energy levels after 6 or 8 hours i am basically ready to get in a warm shower and lay down again.

As far as bloodwork, thyroid, test, shbg, cortisol, vit d, cbc, ferritin was 126, magnesium normal, cholesterol and triglycerides and other stuff
This was from april - the only change has really been instead of 0 days at the gym(6 months of only long walking occassionally) im at the gym 1 hr 15 min twice a week.

t3 free
3.2 pg/mL 2.0 - 4.4 pg/mL
/t4 free
1.5 ng/dL 0.9 - 1.7 ng/dL

testosterone was 630ish, shbg, cortisol(16.2), magnesium and then a metabolic panel and a CBC
TSH - 1.36 down from 1.95 in august 2016
Total cholesterol - Tested only august 2016 was 185, with HDL of 93, Triglycerides were 31 at the time
Vitamin D was supposed to be tested in August of 16, that physician forgot to include. As of 3/30/17
25-OH VIT D2 <4 ng/mL ng/mL
25-OH VIT D3 39 ng/mL ng/mL
Methodology: Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry

25-OH Vit Total 39 ng/mL 30 - 60 ng/mL

Last edited:
OP
L

Luckytype

I added a couple values - also i tried to get a prolactin number, doc said no indication unless i had itchy nipples....kinda ticked me off but oh well

If you just want good temps look up Steve Richfield reset on this forum.

OP
L

Luckytype

DavidGardner

If you could increase your caffeine intake, this would help a lot. Are you drinking any coffee now?

OP
L

Luckytype

Im not drinking any coffee, no caffiene consumption for a month.

My fear was that the caffiene i was consuming was worsening my hair shedding.

I get how it would help with temps core temps anyway(my past experience is cold feet and hands), how would this not hurt hair fall?

theLaw

Im not drinking any coffee, no caffiene consumption for a month.

My fear was that the caffiene i was consuming was worsening my hair shedding.

I get how it would help with temps core temps anyway(my past experience is cold feet and hands), how would this not hurt hair fall?

Increasing caffeine intake will increase your metabolism, but if you're not willing to budge on the caloric increase, then it will just make things worse.

Best of luck with everything!:D

OP
L

Luckytype

I have no issue with more food - but ultimately would the caffeine be a crutch?

What happens when i get off of the caffiene?

As a reference point, i was using caffiene regularly before the turn of the year and i was in a caloric excess. Same things were happening..

morgan#1

Maybe I’m not supposed to”bud in” but I’ve learned a lot from what theLaw has said; namely that you (Lucky) are starving. :darts:When I as a woman, increased my calories up to 4,000 I felt a good jump in my pulse, and I was warm. Now I’m back to being cold and lower temp. But I’m around 2,600-2,800. The increase was interesting, as I have had bulimia since I was 13! And now I’m over 40. And I saw no real difference in weight. My body has stabilized at 117-118. I’m not gaining or losing (once I got it over 2,500). The bulimia has ended, I just wore my body out with exercise over and over, and running 6 miles almost every day. There was a sort of vascularity all over, I could see veins under my eyes and I was in peri, periods were short and I was having hot flashes, and my hair was thinning, and a bit of grey was popping up at the temples. I could feel my heart hurting every day. Three + years later (about the time I found Ray) almost all of that has changed. I’m at 117-118 , 5’4”. Before I was struggling at 96-100. Craziness. The vascularity is there a bit. Because I do lift and do the gym, albeit half as much and I go slow with each rep. Anyway I’m not there, I can see how far I’ve come. But I want the well being that some have found. I definitely am ready and able. I’m gonna push over 3,000 cals today and for a while until I feel that the veil has been lifted. It’s hard for me to release myself to food, not having the backup of cardio or the gym. But I have found that I am an experiment looking for the best possible outcome for myself. I do not want to try the overheating thing, even that is too much for me. But you never know, if I push from 2,600 to 3,000 +. (When I workout I’ll push my calories further.) And if that still doesn’t work you might see fifteen layers of clothes on me, and I’ll be wondering about my sanity. :hairpull. That’s nothing new. But at least I’ll be giving it all I have.:emoji_carrot:Best of luck, Lucky.

OP
L

Luckytype

+1 also screenshot your cronometer and post it

Ok will do this week, i will have to be mindful to get the temps

Maybe I’m not supposed to”bud in” but I’ve learned a lot from what theLaw has said; namely that you (Lucky) are starving. :darts:When I as a woman, increased my calories up to 4,000 I felt a good jump in my pulse, and I was warm. Now I’m back to being cold and lower temp. But I’m around 2,600-2,800. The increase was interesting, as I have had bulimia since I was 13! And now I’m over 40. And I saw no real difference in weight. My body has stabilized at 117-118. I’m not gaining or losing (once I got it over 2,500). The bulimia has ended, I just wore my body out with exercise over and over, and running 6 miles almost every day. There was a sort of vascularity all over, I could see veins under my eyes and I was in peri, periods were short and I was having hot flashes, and my hair was thinning, and a bit of grey was popping up at the temples. I could feel my heart hurting every day. Three + years later (about the time I found Ray) almost all of that has changed. I’m at 117-118 , 5’4”. Before I was struggling at 96-100. Craziness. The vascularity is there a bit. Because I do lift and do the gym, albeit half as much and I go slow with each rep. Anyway I’m not there, I can see how far I’ve come. But I want the well being that some have found. I definitely am ready and able. I’m gonna push over 3,000 cals today and for a while until I feel that the veil has been lifted. It’s hard for me to release myself to food, not having the backup of cardio or the gym. But I have found that I am an experiment looking for the best possible outcome for myself. I do not want to try the overheating thing, even that is too much for me. But you never know, if I push from 2,600 to 3,000 +. (When I workout I’ll push my calories further.) And if that still doesn’t work you might see fifteen layers of clothes on me, and I’ll be wondering about my sanity. :hairpull. That’s nothing new. But at least I’ll be giving it all I have.:emoji_carrot:Best of luck, Lucky.

The heavier feeding on a gym day isnt a bad idea. Its gonna be tough considering the satisfaction of my apetite at this amount of food.

To be frank, the ONLY time i made progress like a reduction in shedding was when i gave up the gym(at around month 4) for 6 months. Basically all other things unchanged

@theLaw how long are people on larger food amounts before they notice a difference?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals