Travis Burch Was Sick For 8 Years. An Interview

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I had a couple office days the last four days or so and used the two 250w clear lamps that travis recommends for about 5 hours or more each day.

I am really pleasantly surprised at how well they work. I had pretty much written off light therapy as somewhat useful but not great for me.

I have noticed tighter skin, less general edema. I tested a few foods that usually bloat me and found that my tummy stays calm and flat. My teeth are also more sensitive. I am guessing I need more calcium from the pick up in metabolism.

As far as sleep goes, I have not necessarily slept better, but the dreams! My lord the dreams are vivid. I didn't really notice that I have not been dreaming as much as I used to, but have been having very intense dreams these last few nights.

Definitely have new found respect for the heat lamps

Amazoniac

I had a couple office days the last four days or so and used the two 250w clear lamps that travis recommends for about 5 hours or more each day.

I am really pleasantly surprised at how well they work. I had pretty much written off light therapy as somewhat useful but not great for me.

I have noticed tighter skin, less general edema. I tested a few foods that usually bloat me and found that my tummy stays calm and flat. My teeth are also more sensitive. I am guessing I need more calcium from the pick up in metabolism.

As far as sleep goes, I have not necessarily slept better, but the dreams! My lord the dreams are vivid. I didn't really notice that I have not been dreaming as much as I used to, but have been having very intense dreams these last few nights.

Kalinga, how close you is to them? I think that interrupted exposure (or moving away from the sources) is preferable to continuous because you need to recover from the stimulation. For example, with LED @lampofred you can only do it briefly before it gets stressful and counterproductive.

- Sunlight: using it to enhance life | From PMS to Menopause: Female Hormones in Context
- The stress of darkness | The Generative Energy

- Postpartum, premenstrual, and seasonal serotonin soaks: Hints about aging, insomnia and diabetes

"Light suppresses melatonin and serotonin, but its action is biological and biochemical, not just informational--it's a component of our metabolism, not just a "cue." Our biological rhythms, of approximately 24 hours, do have a learned component, but Frank A. Brown's experiments in the 1960s made it clear that there are important rhythmic environmental influences other than the cycle of light and dark. Brown's biological experiments were complemented by Alexandre Rothen's physical experiments which made it clear that the diurnal cycles aren't just light cues. In the university's hamster house where I worked, the cycles of light and dark were automatically controlled, air temperature was kept constant, and there were no windows, but in the winter the hamsters' thymus glands practically disappeared, and then in the summer they were restored. The infrared and microwave radiation of the environment, that can penetrate walls, must be constant to avoid biological stress."​

boris

Is there no reliable way of removing mold for good? I have water damage in a wall. There are these large drying devices you can rent from the hardware store, I thought this and some anti mold chemical would do the trick.

InChristAlone

Is there no reliable way of removing mold for good? I have water damage in a wall. There are these large drying devices you can rent from the hardware store, I thought this and some anti mold chemical would do the trick.
Heck No. Mood eats dry wall like candy you can't clean it in the wall.

boris

Thanks for the reply. Would you say the same is true for a concrete wall?

InChristAlone

Thanks for the reply. Would you say the same is true for a concrete wall?
You could probably clean concrete though it is porous.

Travis B

Fantastic stuff! This is my experience as well.

If someone has a stress response to light, they just need to do the amount that they can tolerate -- even if only 5 minutes. Heat lamps are very different than red LED products.

Travis B

Travis has detailed information on dealing with mold and various other topics on his site behind a paywall. It’s 6 USD per month to get access and the first 2 days are free so you can trial it and see if you consider it a good value.

I just realized you were absolutely correct and I was wrong! I've made sure things are now free in the mold section for everyone.

boris

:clap:

That‘s an amazing resource Travis. Thanks for making it freely available for everyone!

Noodlz2

Do you have a link for these bulbs? And are they 130V instead of 120V, like Peat sometimes suggests?

Edit: Like this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003P1MQDK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great job with the podcast. You are a great host. You interject with the right exploratory questions at the right time.

Last edited:
OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Do you have a link for these bulbs? And are they 130V instead of 120V, like Peat sometimes suggests?

Edit: Like this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003P1MQDK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great job with the podcast. You are a great host. You interject with the right exploratory questions at the right time.
I don't think they are the 130. I went to ace hardware and got the only clear ones they had to test them out. I will try out these 130 though.

Appreciate your comments

mrchibbs

Yes my situation was bad, the water damage was behind a wall and so it never had a chance to dry out even though the water was gone, it took a couple years for it to be severe enough to realize we needed to get out. For us we were able to get the house 'clean' enough to where we were able to sell it. If you can smell mold in your house its severe enough to move. Small issues can probably be repaired depending on the severity. I'm glad I live in a southern state with no basement now, so I don't have to worry about water coming in the basement.

Sorry to quote a post from a few months ago, but this is so close to my heart. I moved in to an apartment when I was 23, and it was quite an old place and quickly it developed water damage on the ceiling, I didn't think much of it as I was very busy in my life, but the landlord wasn't really fixing anything, and would plaster it over, and it would get wet again, and basically this went on for almost 2 years at which point, I got very sick. I still stayed in the apartment for more than a year after that, partly because the symptoms would subside with winter and drier weather, but since I've finally left, it's taken me 2 years to recover from acute respiratory issues, and a million other problems.

So basically, years wasted because of a very avoidable problem. It makes me so emotional just to think about it. I remember watching a video of a girl crying on YouTube because she was finally healed from a mold problem, I didn't get it at the time, I sure as hell get it now.

I rarely post to this forum but wanted to chime in about water damage. My health started suffering tremendously in 2017 after moving into a new place in 2016 (new to me, but built in 1940). I started having very bad estrogen dominance symptoms in 2017 - but the worst was very severe insomnia, which transitioned to ultimately me discovering I had severe (stage 4) endometriosis in early 2019. About six months ago I discovered I had MASSIVE WATER DAMAGE AND MOLD in my bathroom, and alarmingly NO evidence, no smell, nothing. I have since had the bathroom completely demolished and rebuilt from the ground up and already in the two months since that's been completed, my health has returned, my hair is growing back, and I sleep very deeply. This came at a steep price tag but was worth it.

mrchibbs

I rarely post to this forum but wanted to chime in about water damage. My health started suffering tremendously in 2017 after moving into a new place in 2016 (new to me, but built in 1940). I started having very bad estrogen dominance symptoms in 2017 - but the worst was very severe insomnia, which transitioned to ultimately me discovering I had severe (stage 4) endometriosis in early 2019. About six months ago I discovered I had MASSIVE WATER DAMAGE AND MOLD in my bathroom, and alarmingly NO evidence, no smell, nothing. I have since had the bathroom completely demolished and rebuilt from the ground up and already in the two months since that's been completed, my health has returned, my hair is growing back, and I sleep very deeply. This came at a steep price tag but was worth it.

I feel for you, glad you're better. I wonder how we can make sure there's no mold before moving into a place.

I feel for you, glad you're better. I wonder how we can make sure there's no mold before moving into a place.

Thank you. In my case, I believe this was likely noted by my home inspector, but my pushy realtor arranged it and I think she selected this guy because he tended to overlook a lot of things. The water damage was pointed out by a plumber who noted the entire crawl space was damp and the subfloor was rotting.

mrchibbs

Thank you. In my case, I believe this was likely noted by my home inspector, but my pushy realtor arranged it and I think she selected this guy because he tended to overlook a lot of things. The water damage was pointed out by a plumber who noted the entire crawl space was damp and the subfloor was rotting.

I think hiring an independent home safety inspector (or building biologist to also check from the EMF) is always necessary before signing a long term lease or buying a house.

I definitely agree and wish I'd done so in hindsight. My home also has high levels of radon, which I also didn't test for at the beginning. I am planning on moving in the next few years...

mrchibbs

I definitely agree and wish I'd done so in hindsight. My home also has high levels of radon, which I also didn't test for at the beginning. I am planning on moving in the next few years...

Although it is difficult, I would encourage you to start thinking ahead and looking for homes/areas where you might want to move.
I understand you may not be ready to move, but do spend some time to think about the important characteristics your future home
should have. The place where we live is so important for our health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals