Travis Burch Was Sick For 8 Years. An Interview

Amazoniac

Kalinga, thank you for sharing. I've been voodooing the wrong enemy, the doll was named Brion, dammit.

I think that Raj's obsession with thyroid hormones (and stimulating substances) is just a result of needing a simplified model to approach problems, such starting place is required when you deal with random cases that appear to you with not enough time to know their history and state. Imagine going live or receiving multiple emails a day that bear no connection to the other and having to answer them in a meaningful way. Increasing energy is a justifiable attempt to fix things. It's actually impressive how he's able to personalize the advice with something practical given the length that he spent considering it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Travis has detailed information on dealing with mold and various other topics on his site behind a paywall. It’s 6 USD per month to get access and the first 2 days are free so you can trial it and see if you consider it a good value.

dfspcc20

Travis contributes frequently on one of the FB groups. You can definitely tell from the way he communicates that he takes the anti-authoritarian stuff to heart. You get a taste of that from this podcast. He's definitely worth supporting, IMO.

gabys225

@Mauritio @kaybb

To answer a few questions, yes, you can have a mold problem and not see it! The ozone will oxidize it even if you can't see it because it oxidizes...everything.

The problem is the use is cellulose based insulation (cellulose is pretty much food for mold) in homes, and also in drywall. Drywall can contain up to 10% cellulose, sometimes more depending on the manufacturer. If you add humidity you have a recipe for mold.

Mold needs a relative humidity above 70% to thrive, so another option is to have a dehumidifier in a damp area. I have mind right near the A/C so that is pulls the air returning to the unit and pushes dry air through the A/C unit.

Another option is to more sure your air ducts are sealed. Check this video out:

It took me a day to do and since then I have had much less humidity in my home, so I don't have to have the dehumidifier running so often.

If your ducts aren't sealed it also creates a dew point, the same can happen if you have closed vents around the home. You don't want that because you're creating a greater temperature gradient that will cause dew to form and mold to grow.

@LeeLemonoil has solid suggestions as well.

InChristAlone

Yes as long as there is no water damage behind a wall dehumidifiers work well. We always had ours running near that wall and it couldn't stop what was going on behind there. Though it seemed to slow it down when we could get it to 55% or below. It was a half a basement.

Mauritio

@Mauritio @kaybb

To answer a few questions, yes, you can have a mold problem and not see it! The ozone will oxidize it even if you can't see it because it oxidizes...everything.

The problem is the use is cellulose based insulation (cellulose is pretty much food for mold) in homes, and also in drywall. Drywall can contain up to 10% cellulose, sometimes more depending on the manufacturer. If you add humidity you have a recipe for mold.

Mold needs a relative humidity above 70% to thrive, so another option is to have a dehumidifier in a damp area. I have mind right near the A/C so that is pulls the air returning to the unit and pushes dry air through the A/C unit.

Another option is to more sure your air ducts are sealed. Check this video out:

It took me a day to do and since then I have had much less humidity in my home, so I don't have to have the dehumidifier running so often.

If your ducts aren't sealed it also creates a dew point, the same can happen if you have closed vents around the home. You don't want that because you're creating a greater temperature gradient that will cause dew to form and mold to grow.

@LeeLemonoil has solid suggestions as well.

So how often should you use the ozone to get rid of it?

gabys225

@Mauritio

It honestly depends on your situation. Where you live, the relative humidity, etc. The way I do it is like this: If I smell any mold or mildew like scents anywhere in the house, I blast the ozone everywhere. If the smell persists, I do it again. It will go away, nothing can withstand the oxidation of ozone in high enough concentrations.

If I smell nothing, I might do a maintenance blast once a month, but sometimes I forget.

It's usually something like "hmm the vents have a funny scent coming out of them..time to ozonate". I hope that makes sense. It's not the most scientific way to go about it, I'm not taking a spore count or doing any lab work but this has worked for me to dramatically reduce my allergies. I used to sneeze every single day when I would wake up, without fail, at least 5 times. My wife had a joke about it and would count down my sneezes, it happened so regularly. With this "routine" that I have, that's stopped. Maybe a sneeze or two a week now, which I consider normal.

Essentially, it's a low-key way to keep the house sanitized that doesn't place any excess demands on my sanity with a bunch of testing, variables, wondering if I got everything, etc. I hope that makes sense.

InChristAlone

Just be careful of using a lot of ozone in small spaces as it can start to break down materials you may want to keep supple. I used ozone as well, but I wasn't convinced it solved more severe issues. It can help with the smell, but it won't solve water damage.

Mauritio

I dont really know how mold smells , but my flat ,even before i moved in, had a very specific smell to it , not bad but could never pinpoint it to something. I think i can work more with the sneezing thing :D i also sneeze quite frequent even in the winter .
I did my first ozone blast today and i think i like it.
How long do you keep the windows open after ? because even after i i let some air in fpr like 5 minutes i could smell the ozone , hope thats not bad...
@gabys225

achillea

Travis has detailed information on dealing with mold and various other topics on his site behind a paywall. It’s 6 USD per month to get access and the first 2 days are free so you can trial it and see if you consider it a good value.

Cleaning and Maintenance Products | Citrisafe
This is company started by a pharmacist who got very sick from a water leak in his house. No one could help so he figured out it was mold and remediated it developing his own products.

Micro Balance Health Products
This is a company from a Ear Nose and Throat doctor in Georgia who specializes in Mold

Ozone does not work for mold. If it did then remediation would be easy and inexpensive. It has been tried repeatedly and the mold does not disappear.

We found from the above companies the testing is good. We also like the spray, the candles and the laundry detergent.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Cleaning and Maintenance Products | Citrisafe
This is company started by a pharmacist who got very sick from a water leak in his house. No one could help so he figured out it was mold and remediated it developing his own products.

Micro Balance Health Products
This is a company from a Ear Nose and Throat doctor in Georgia who specializes in Mold

Ozone does not work for mold. If it did then remediation would be easy and inexpensive. It has been tried repeatedly and the mold does not disappear.

We found from the above companies the testing is good. We also like the spray, the candles and the laundry detergent.
Those look promising, thank you.

Marcine

I did an interview with Travis Burch, who was sick for a long time, and persevered to find health. In this interview he talks about how he did it, and the pillars of health.

"Travis Burch was sick for 8 years “Muscle weakness. Brain fog. Debilitating fatigue. Couldn’t sleep. Couldn’t digest food well. Couldn’t concentrate on anything. Extremely low body temperature. Days of recovery after the smallest physical effort.”

Through constant research he turned his health around, and now shares his knowledge through blog posts, with his members, and with coaching clients. He has several pillars of health he has narrowed down from his experiences that will help everyone live a fuller and healthier life."

Ep. 46 Interview with Travis Burch: Sick Buildings and the Pillars of Health - Quax Podcast
I liked the interview and was happy to find Quax. But why don't you both have any info about yourselves on your site? Why would anyone refer to your coaching without knowing anything about you? Maybe you should be more forthright with a little personal info if you're going to podcast and expect an audience. Just asking....

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I liked the interview and was happy to find Quax. But why don't you both have any info about yourselves on your site? Why would anyone refer to your coaching without knowing anything about you? Maybe you should be more forthright with a little personal info if you're going to podcast and expect an audience. Just asking....
good call

tbh I haven't put a lot of energy into the website since I built it, but I can make those updates.

Thanks for listening :)

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I posted this a while ago:

I know of a person that lived in an apartment here I Reno with mold problems. He got so sick that his doctor gave him not much longer to live. He couldn’t move out of the apartment because he was out of work and couldn’t afford the deposit on a new apartment. He sat in a death trap. He learned about chlorine dioxide and tried it out. Over the course of a couple month he recovered to the point that his doctor gave him a clean bill of health!

Chlorine dioxide is also known as 'MMS', Miracle Mineral Supplement. A misnomer, since it is not a mineral and not a supplement. It comes in two bottles, usually 25% sodium chlorite and 50% citric acid. The proper stoichiometric ratio would be four drops of sodium chlorite to one drop of 50% citric acid. That is about the dosage that I use. I put it into my Panasonic Oral Irrigator, I had it for over 10 years and it still works. Other water pick devices have failed quickly, since chlorine dioxide attacks rubber. Chlorine dioxide keeps my gums healthy and I swallow it also once or twice a week. In 2012, when I visited my mom in Germany, I saw that her caretaker had swollen finger knuckles and two stiff fingers on her right hand. I offered her my MMS travel kit and she took the four activated drops once a day and after only 5 days, the swelling was gone and she showed me with a big smile that she could make fists with both hands, effortlessly! But I think such dramatic improvement only works for early onset of arthritis, since I didn't notice that the year before when I came for a visit. Then I believe that arthritis comes from gum infections or infected teeth or root canal treated teeth.

Travis B

Just wanted to take a second and let everyone know that the mold materials on the site are all 100% accessible to anyone -- no sign-up required. Because mold illness can and so frequently does ruin folks financially (in addition to their health), that feels like the right approach.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Just wanted to take a second and let everyone know that the mold materials on the site are all 100% accessible to anyone -- no sign-up required. Because mold illness can and so frequently does ruin folks financially (in addition to their health), that feels like the right approach.
You're the man Travis.

I appreciate everyone's listens of the podcast and kind words in this thread.

More interviews coming, stay tuned

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
An incredible gift Travis, thank you! Please leave a link so people can find it. :hattip

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals