Travis Burch Was Sick For 8 Years. An Interview

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think my daughters house has it... I get whiffs of mildew smell in a certain room :/. And she has chronic fatigue and depression ... time to look into this
Most definitely!!!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I wouldn’t describe it as a fishy smell.
No not fishy, just that moldy mildewy bottom of the fish tank smell. That's the only way I know how to describe it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
No not fishy, just that moldy mildewy bottom of the fish tank smell. That's the only way I know how to describe it.
Yes! It’s stronger smelling when it’s warm and humid.

tara

What does it smell like ? Like mildew?
I think mildew is a mold.

I think black mold tends to be particularly nasty?

InChristAlone

I think mildew is a mold.

I think black mold tends to be particularly nasty?
Yes the toxic molds leave you feeling like you are in hell. I think it is what can cause so called "hauntings", the toxins they release really mess with your brain. I had feelings of doom.

Here in the deep humid south there's molds and algaes but they don't smell near as noxious as what was growing behind my wall.

Jennifer

Thank you. I can smell it in my house at times and there are places I can see it.
Doesn't take care of possible mold growing behind walls but we killed the visible mold growing in my childhood home with bleach. If I was dealing with it again, since I'm a natural nut, I would probably try vinegar before resorting to bleach. But bleach definitely killed it. lol

tara

Yeah, most molds don't like bleach or vinegar. I've washed down contaminated areas with bleach too.

I wonder now whether if one could usefully innoculate susceptible areas with EM (Effective Microrganisms) or some related benign colonies to displace and discourage the more pathogenic molds?

Jennifer

Huh, good question. My shampoo/body wash contains microorganisms as a natural preservative so it wouldn't surprise me. Actually, I think there's a natural disinfecting cleaner on the market that contains microorganisms. I might have it saved in my amazon list. I'll go digging through it — it's like a hoarders paradise — and post it if I find it.

tara

Last edited:

CrystalClear

Thanks Tarmander, listened all the way through. Thanks to Travis too. Interesting thoughts about hormones today. I barely respond to anything.

I've dealt with some mould in my house with vinegar and oil of cloves also. Put mould inhibiter in grout and paint, even installed new sliding windows to let in more air.

gabys225

An ozone generator is cheap and will kill all mold. I live in south Florida and find myself using it all the time. Don't be put off by the people saying how toxic it is - of course it's toxic, you just need to take the necessary precautions and not enter the home for several hours.

I place my ozone generator under the A/C unit so it blows through the entire house. I never need more than 5 minutes. My rule of thumb is one hour per minute of ozone, and I've never had any issues following this rule. When I come back inside my home it smells fresh, no mildew or mold scent. Depending on the humidity, this lasts a month or more.

You will know ozone by it's scent. It's hard to describe, it's the smell of pure electricity to me.

It will oxidize everything so you cannot leave pets inside. They say it damages plants as well but I haven't seen that in my experience, as all I need are usually a few minutes. This really helped reduce my allergies and constant runny nose.

The one time I accidentally breathed in ozone I felt nothing, but had reduced lung function for about 3 weeks. Everything winded me. My recovery, however, was complete, which is in line with the research on ozone - it can be very harmful, but most recoveries are complete.

Just my 2 cents for people suffering with mold issues.

Jennifer

Found it:

PIP All Purpose Cleaner « PureBiotics USA

In the description:

"Effective on mold and mildew PIP All Purpose Cleaner KEEPS CLEANING AND PROTECTING SURFACES FOR UP TO 3 DAYS after each application by leaving a long-lasting layer of beneficial probiotics that create a safe, stable and odor free environment."
This looks like a North American supplier:
EM Bokashi & EM Effective Microorganism Products | Soil Amendment & Beneficial Microorganisms
I think if you get a live batch you can keep growing your own by feeding it molasses. Benign bacteria and fungi.
LOL While scrolling through my Amazon list looking for the cleaner, I saw their microbial inoculant that I likely saved while following RBTI and getting into high brix gardening.

kaybb

An ozone generator is cheap and will kill all mold. I live in south Florida and find myself using it all the time. Don't be put off by the people saying how toxic it is - of course it's toxic, you just need to take the necessary precautions and not enter the home for several hours.

I place my ozone generator under the A/C unit so it blows through the entire house. I never need more than 5 minutes. My rule of thumb is one hour per minute of ozone, and I've never had any issues following this rule. When I come back inside my home it smells fresh, no mildew or mold scent. Depending on the humidity, this lasts a month or more.

You will know ozone by it's scent. It's hard to describe, it's the smell of pure electricity to me.

It will oxidize everything so you cannot leave pets inside. They say it damages plants as well but I haven't seen that in my experience, as all I need are usually a few minutes. This really helped reduce my allergies and constant runny nose.

The one time I accidentally breathed in ozone I felt nothing, but had reduced lung function for about 3 weeks. Everything winded me. My recovery, however, was complete, which is in line with the research on ozone - it can be very harmful, but most recoveries are complete.

Just my 2 cents for people suffering with mold issues.
Wow! Sounds great. Do you do this because you have seen mold growing in the past? It probably wouldn’t help if mold is somewhere we can’t see ? I can just smell mildew in places but nothing is visible .

gaze

On his website Travis recommends very low, if any, gelatin. around 2-3g a day. do you guys think it’s related to his ideas on GABA?

LeeLemonoil

Prepare locations where mold was or could find a foothold with calcium carbonate or oxide, limestone for all intents andpurposes. Humans have limed there barns for centuries to prevent molds. No mold grows on highly alkaline stuff.

If mold is there, you can use high percentage alcohol with thyme and oregano oil, also lemon. And many other EOS, it kills mold like no tomorrow and without residue. no need for chlorine

Inaut

@gabys225 I second the ozone generator. Run it while you arent in the house (animals included) and leave a window open if able. It works :)

Hermes

@gabys225 I second the ozone generator. Run it while you arent in the house (animals included) and leave a window open if able. It works :)

Do you have some similar rule of thumb like gabys225? Leave the room one hour per minute ozone?

Inaut

i run a generator for an hour and what an hour before returning to the area. if you are going to work, run it for a while and by the time you get home it should be fine. It will take time for the smell/mold to dissipate but it will work. I like the idea of running it by your A/C unit or hvac unit to circulate it throughout the house.

Mauritio

Thanks for the idea with ozone ! I have a cheap old generator. I used to make ozone water .
I dont know if I have mold in my flat but I live in an old flat in the ground floor with an old basement beneath it .
Is there any possibility that I dont see or smell it but there's still mold?

I will try the ozone generator with a window open...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals