Tom Brady's Diet

tankasnowgod

I am asking.

No, of course not.

I guess there is somewhat of a genetic component to looks, but it's mostly basic, provable stuff. You know, like he was born male. Or eye color or hair color (but I've noticed that even those can be affected over time, and through things like diet). These are testable things that tests like 23 and Me can do.

However, even maintenance of those can be artificial, like all the people suggesting he had hair transplants. There's also plastic surgery.

But at the end of the day, he has a job where he has to stay in shape. He also has plenty of time and additional resources to that pursuit (be it training, light therapy, nutrition, or what have you). If there was some crazy "Eat 36 Lobsters a Week for Perfect Health" diet, money would not stop Brady from implementing it.

If you are talking physique, I think it has very little to do with so called "genetics." Even if so, it's much more likely an indirect thing, rather than "a gene for always being thin."

Nik665

No, of course not.

I guess there is somewhat of a genetic component to looks, but it's mostly basic, provable stuff. You know, like he was born male. Or eye color or hair color (but I've noticed that even those can be affected over time, and through things like diet). These are testable things that tests like 23 and Me can do.

However, even maintenance of those can be artificial, like all the people suggesting he had hair transplants. There's also plastic surgery.

But at the end of the day, he has a job where he has to stay in shape. He also has plenty of time and additional resources to that pursuit (be it training, light therapy, nutrition, or what have you). If there was some crazy "Eat 36 Lobsters a Week for Perfect Health" diet, money would not stop Brady from implementing it.

If you are talking physique, I think it has very little to do with so called "genetics." Even if so, it's much more likely an indirect thing, rather than "a gene for always being thin."
Which is exactly what I said . Combination of nature and nurture . And not only about being thin I can be thin even if my family carries the FTO gene. But looks overall. Bone structure. Where the body decides to store fat or build muscle first and last. It’s all an intricate dance of genetics and environmental factors.

mrchibbs

Or..... maybe it's just the healthy diet and sunshine and electrolytes. Oh, and the fact that he trains pretty much like no one else in the NFL.

I'm just sick of people offering up the "genetic" explanation for everything without any sort of proof.

Good looking? Genetics.
Overweight or too skinny? Genetics.
Successful in business? Genetics.
Like to listen to Dubstep or Rap Music? Obviously Genetics.
Degenerative diseases like cancer or diabetes? Genetics.
Like Fords over Chevys? Totes Genetics.

Everything gets explained away by "genetics," but no one takes the time to analyze the DNA, and show exactly where this "Win 7 Superbowls out of 10 and still be playing in the NFL at 43" gene is located. Sure would be handy to know that one, yeah?

The only thing nowadays that doesn't seem to get explained away by "genetics" is male pattern baldness. That is obviously caused by too much DHT, stemming from a functional finasteride deficiency.

I totally feel you, I too am sick of the genetics argument, especially when the Human Genome project is such a failure and actual genes explain less than 5% (being generous here) of health outcomes.

That being said, it's not really the fault of the general public, we've been fed this genetic dogma theory throughout all of our cultural references for the past 3-4 decades.

There is a heredity factor, but I think it's more meaningful to talk about transgenerational effects and things which happen outside of the genome like hormonal imprinting, but it's not really something that's easy to grasp for most people, and even medical practioners.

My opinion is the same as yours, Tom's outcome in terms of perceived looks and health is largely due to his nurturing lifestyle, being passionate about his work, much more so than any particular genes he may have had.

Having the positive experiences and environments he's had also likely contribute to constructive, anabolic epigenetic processes; via the activation of certain "beneficial" genes, rather than a set of "good genes" inherited from the get-go.

gaze

sometimes I get an impression of plastic from tom both physically and personality wise. Like he seems to be botoxed, have veneers, hair plugs. In some of his interviews, he seems like a bit of a weird dude in general, like a robot at times. Contrast that with someone like aaron rodgers, who seems much more normal, "aware", and natural in terms of his personality

mrchibbs

sometimes I get an impression of plastic from tom both physically and personality wise. Like he seems to be botoxed, have veneers, hair plugs. In some of his interviews, he seems like a bit of a weird dude in general, like a robot at times. Contrast that with someone like aaron rodgers, who seems much more normal, "aware", and natural in terms of his personality

That's just Tom lol, he's definitely a bit weird and corny, and some things like the way he french kisses his children or family members is a bit off-putting, but it's always been that way.

Rave re-peat

Or..... maybe it's just the healthy diet and sunshine and electrolytes. Oh, and the fact that he trains pretty much like no one else in the NFL.

I'm just sick of people offering up the "genetic" explanation for everything without any sort of proof.

Good looking? Genetics.
Overweight or too skinny? Genetics.
Successful in business? Genetics.
Like to listen to Dubstep or Rap Music? Obviously Genetics.
Degenerative diseases like cancer or diabetes? Genetics.
Like Fords over Chevys? Totes Genetics.

Everything gets explained away by "genetics," but no one takes the time to analyze the DNA, and show exactly where this "Win 7 Superbowls out of 10 and still be playing in the NFL at 43" gene is located. Sure would be handy to know that one, yeah?

The only thing nowadays that doesn't seem to get explained away by "genetics" is male pattern baldness. That is obviously caused by too much DHT, stemming from a functional finasteride deficiency.

Lol genetics I certainly believe plays a role in your appearance. Not like 2 White people Will get black kids. Or blue eyes breed Brown eyes. You dont think Height, baldness, jaw line, **** size plays into tha? Anyone saying tho that Being Good at sales is genetics its not. There likely genetic traits that can help a person become a better salesman. Like looking pleasant and not looking like a creep. Its the truth of Nature. Brain capacity can also be affected. But your potential can Always be increased or decreased based on Lifestyle. Maybe most People have a capacity of 150 in IQ as maximum with their genes. But most People dont manage to maximize their genetic potential. I dont like the concept of genes. I dont believe they are 100% or predetirmined and thats it. But like I Said 2 White people with White ancestry wont get black kids. Same with anything really.

Rave re-peat

Same with baldness. Your genetic predisposition might be between completely bald or able to save quite alot of hair. So your level of baldness Still play into genes and your own capacity to maximize your capacity to counter act those genes. Do you have 100% control? I dont believe so. Its like swimming against a current. Some people's genetic current is just stronger and its harder. But People dont want to Accept that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals