This fruitarian body builder shares his blood work

gaze

Yea, good idea. Milk is a godsend. May I ask what the deal is with excess amino acids? Like, I know excess iron is bad according to peat, but what about amino acids?
amino acids are good. but meat has high methionine, cystine, tryptophan which hurt the thyroid. milk has a some bad ones but the high calcium makes it worth it. i notice serotonin symptoms after eating lean turkey or chicken. definitly stick with high gelatin cuts when you eat meat.

J

James IV

“Fruit based diet” is ambiguous. Just like so many of the other terms we use in nutrition. Ask 10 people to create a “fruit based diet” and you will get 10 unique menus. Same with terms like; low carb, high carb, plant based, clean, keto, healthy, balanced, etc.
What I see here is one, single, self proclaimed fruitarian (if that’s even true) that may be perceived as healthy, based on subjective perceptions of video analysis. Conversely, there are dozens of fruitarians and raw vegans that look objectively terrible and have admittedly ruined their health.
After studying and coaching nutrition for close to two decades now, I understand that nutritional decisions should never be made, based on observations of others, particularly “online” observation. It’s a complete gamble as to the totality of truth being presented, interpretations, personal biases, etc. Even if an individual is being as transparent and precise as possible, how much overlap there may be in that exact moment in time of an individuals physiology and the physiology of the person they are deciding to emulate, is a complete crap shoot. On top of that, not everything is about food. It’s impossible to define a “healthy” diet, without consideration of all aspects of an individuals environment.
Static concepts are appealing to our minds, because they offer the ability to “check boxes” and move on to other things. I think that’s ultimately what people are searching for when they are trying to get “healthy.” If I just figure out how to eat, then I can do all the other things I want to do. But health requires a dynamic life, and therefore dynamic nutrition. Defining diets, or even individual foods, as good or bad is grossly myopic.
This is obviously an overreaching post in relation to the OP. But it’s here, and maybe it will help someone make the choice to stop looking for their health on the internet. It isn’t here.

Cheers.

michael94

Is that the one people use to make vegan "pulled pork"? Ive seen it at the grocery store I think, if it's the gigantic spikey looking fruit (not durian). Imagine that falling on you? Lol
Yea, I wonder what it tastes like. I've seen it in the store before

Perry Staltic

Pleasing texture, but can't tell you what it tastes like because the stuff I eat is so heavily curried - Trader Joe's Jackfruit Curry with Jasmine Rice. Has rice bran oil. How pufa is that?

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

“Fruit based diet” is ambiguous. Just like so many of the other terms we use in nutrition. Ask 10 people to create a “fruit based diet” and you will get 10 unique menus. Same with terms like; low carb, high carb, plant based, clean, keto, healthy, balanced, etc.
What I see here is one, single, self proclaimed fruitarian (if that’s even true) that may be perceived as healthy, based on subjective perceptions of video analysis. Conversely, there are dozens of fruitarians and raw vegans that look objectively terrible and have admittedly ruined their health.
After studying and coaching nutrition for close to two decades now, I understand that nutritional decisions should never be made, based on observations of others, particularly “online” observation. It’s a complete gamble as to the totality of truth being presented, interpretations, personal biases, etc. Even if an individual is being as transparent and precise as possible, how much overlap there may be in that exact moment in time of an individuals physiology and the physiology of the person they are deciding to emulate, is a complete crap shoot. On top of that, not everything is about food. It’s impossible to define a “healthy” diet, without consideration of all aspects of an individuals environment.
Static concepts are appealing to our minds, because they offer the ability to “check boxes” and move on to other things. I think that’s ultimately what people are searching for when they are trying to get “healthy.” If I just figure out how to eat, then I can do all the other things I want to do. But health requires a dynamic life, and therefore dynamic nutrition. Defining diets, or even individual foods, as good or bad is grossly myopic.
This is obviously an overreaching post in relation to the OP. But it’s here, and maybe it will help someone make the choice to stop looking for their health on the internet. It isn’t here.

Cheers.
I think that this response is good to take into consideration, just like anything is good to take into consideration. I agree that everything should be taken with a grain of salt, but i think that people are emotionally reacting to this video and post. Simply, this man eats only fruit and doesnt seem to be unhealthy. Should u do exactly as he does? Probably not. Is it another point for fruit not being terrible for health? I think so. Is it another point for low pufa diets providing some advantage? Perhaps. I could go on. I didnt post this to convert anyone, and i even said myself that i wouldnt be able to give up meat, i simply think its interesting. I think people reacting in a way that is ONLY critical arent going to see the silver lining. No he isnt a body builder at all like the ones were used to seeing, but he also only eats fruit, so you could simply interpret this to the protective properties of fruit and possibly the over consumption of meat etc. No hate tho, you make a solid point, i just think people are being a little reactionary and i wanted to reiterate why i found this post interesting.

Korven

Cheers.

Amazing post :)

Btw I think I saw you over at vegetable police's comment section - he's an example of eating lots of fruits definitely NOT working very well. He seems to be enjoying quite good health now on meat-based OMAD, I just hope it's sustainable and he doesn't suffer the "low carb crash".

CDT

Bco1 is a gene related to the conversion of beta carotene to retinol, and seeing as i have the double recessive mc1r polymorphism, its easy for me to assume that i come from people who thrived on meat
but animal muscle meats dont have that much retinol, do they?

ursidae

Liver contains too much copper combined with a fruit based diet
There is a nasty sort of strong emotionality that comes with eating a lot of fruit, I don’t know if copper is the reason. Strangely durian and freely are instead constantly agitated

Examples (I know there are other factors in life contributing too, so no disrespect to people’s struggles):

personally most times I go too high in fruit I end up having these exact emotional reactions and it’s pretty clear the current meat based vegetable police wouldn’t act like this

T

TheBeard

This is awesome. Just goes to show how idiots who think meat= Jesus need to build a time machine and go back to the dark ages. People conflate meat, Masaai, Inuits, and big jawed people with health and don't realize there is a lot more going on. (well, not that much really, just sunlight exposure, honestly). In most modern day countries, you SHOULD NOT be eating that ***t meat that comes out of factories, and if you do choose to eat meat, understand that it is as poisonous to you as a soda, with declacifies your bones, or fertilizer , which is full of ammonia. Most peopl eat meat because they have protein cravings from disease causing bacteria in their gut anyway, just the same as a fat person craves sugar...

I don't need to see bloodwork.
I just need to see 10 different youtube videos made by fruitarian to see how they look.
That gives me a pretty descent and representative panel of what this way of eating is conducive to: emaciated, skin on bone, tooth loss, dark circles, no muscle mass, loss of libido, loss of period...

That is even when they eat unlimited quantities of fruit.

Gustav3Y

That gives me a pretty descent and representative panel of what this way of eating is conducive to: emaciated, skin on bone, tooth loss, dark circles, no muscle mass, loss of libido, loss of period...
YEah.
There is another thing that I think it is mainly ignored about the frutarians you speak of, most of them do nothing at all all day long in terms of occupation, either re youtubers vlogging about their meals either are supported by parents to live in southeast asia. The last part also has a profound effect on stress levels, meaning they have way less already due to less social and financial struggles, especially lack of children reduces responsibility and stress for them, even if let's say they do not have the cash already to live they way they want, meditation, visiting and eating fruit.
While not all are like this, there clearly is a group like that.

T

TheBeard

Cheers.

Looking for my health on the internet enabled me to go from a 4/10 quality of life to a 8/10 quality of life.

T

TheBeard

YEah.
There is another thing that I think it is mainly ignored about the frutarians you speak of, most of them do nothing at all all day long in terms of occupation, either re youtubers vlogging about their meals either are supported by parents to live in southeast asia. The last part also has a profound effect on stress levels, meaning they have way less already due to less social and financial struggles, especially lack of children reduces responsibility and stress for them, even if let's say they do not have the cash already to live they way they want, meditation, visiting and eating fruit.
While not all are like this, there clearly is a group like that.

The absence of financial stress should make them look better than they do if anything, I don't understand the reasoning behind.

I don’t understand people’s obsession with beef. Lamb and fish is much better
I love lamb, but it's too expensive where I live. Sadly, I don't tolerate fish in general.
Is that the one people use to make vegan "pulled pork"? Ive seen it at the grocery store I think, if it's the gigantic spikey looking fruit (not durian). Imagine that falling on you? Lol
Yes, here in Brazil, they make vegan chicken with it, because the texture is similar. They use the hard variety for that. I believe the other two varieties( soft and butter) aren't suitable for that( too sweet).

Lol it is gigantic. It can easily reach a weight of 10 kilos. There is a tree full of these fruits not too far from my house. I'm always careful when walking near it. That has gotta be a knockout of it falls on someone.

Jackfruit here in Brazil is quite common. The plant came from India, but it liked the whether here so much that it spread everywhere. In my State, there is a reservation area where it's full of wild jackfruit trees, and I think the government even made an effort to stop the spread of it, because it was taking over. The animals there apparently loved the fruit, and they would spread the seeds around.
As hei said, it's quite sweet and sticky. This is especially true for the soft variety. I actually don't like this one, because the aftertaste indeed lasts all day. The "butter" type is amazing though.

In some ways, the taste and smell kinda has some banana/ plantain notes.

Gustav3Y

I mean they would have probably quit the frutarian diet if having financial stress and other responsibility stress (e.g. 2 kids), at least some of those that choose to go full frutarians in S-E Asia but are from Europe where their sole purpose of going in these areas is to live of fresh fruits 365days a year, they literally not doing anything there but eating, meditation and traveling around.

Jennifer

As hei said, it's quite sweet and sticky. This is especially true for the soft variety. I actually don't like this one, because the aftertaste indeed lasts all day. The "butter" type is amazing though.

I agree! Even though it can be a bit of a pain to remove the fruit pods/bulbs, it tastes incredible. The flavor reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum. I like mixing it with coconut. So good!

schultz

I love lamb, but it's too expensive where I live. Sadly, I don't tolerate fish in general.

Yes, here in Brazil, they make vegan chicken with it, because the texture is similar. They use the hard variety for that. I believe the other two varieties( soft and butter) aren't suitable for that( too sweet).

Lol it is gigantic. It can easily reach a weight of 10 kilos. There is a tree full of these fruits not too far from my house. I'm always careful when walking near it. That has gotta be a knockout of it falls on someone.

Jackfruit here in Brazil is quite common. The plant came from India, but it liked the whether here so much that it spread everywhere. In my State, there is a reservation area where it's full of wild jackfruit trees, and I think the government even made an effort to stop the spread of it, because it was taking over. The animals there apparently loved the fruit, and they would spread the seeds around.

Oh cool, I didn't realize there were different varieties. But that makes sense lol. Thanks for the explanation!

I agree! Even though it can be a bit of a pain to remove the fruit pods/bulbs, it tastes incredible. The flavor reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum. I like mixing it with coconut. So good!
That combination must be tasty!

Brandin

This guys a fruitarian and a body builder. He doesnt eat any protein powders nor does he take any supplements. Just fruit and weights.

Holy ***t that he has that t while also consuming nuts. Imagine if he replaced the nuts with things like coconut oil and so on

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals