This fruitarian body builder shares his blood work

MitchMitchell

“The thyroid researcher and clinician, Broda Barnes, however, noted that high protein, low calorie diets, often employed to treat diabetics at the time, had an inhibitory effect on the thyroid and metabolic rate, and that he could eat about 1,000 extra calories, without gaining any weight, by eating less protein and disproportionately more (mainly animal) fat, while keeping his carbohydrate intake low.
Why a high protein intake would have an inhibitory effect on the thyroid, I'm not completely sure yet.”

lmao! Those bloggers. Surely it can’t be the low calories. It must. Be. The protein. Gosh.

baccheion

“The thyroid researcher and clinician, Broda Barnes, however, noted that high protein, low calorie diets, often employed to treat diabetics at the time, had an inhibitory effect on the thyroid and metabolic rate, and that he could eat about 1,000 extra calories, without gaining any weight, by eating less protein and disproportionately more (mainly animal) fat, while keeping his carbohydrate intake low.
Why a high protein intake would have an inhibitory effect on the thyroid, I'm not completely sure yet.”

lmao! Those bloggers. Surely it can’t be the low calories. It must. Be. The protein. Gosh.
Doesn't higher protein increase cortisol and estrogen?

CDT

How do you get your protein, if I may ask?
Fermented grains, black beans, fermented greens. I get about 60 grams a day, and I'm thinking about incorporating a shake. The thing about muscle meats and organ meats is that the protein typically comes with a few problems: heavy metals, estrogenic compounds, fatty omega 6s, and highly reactive iron, along with 0 folate and vitamin E. Also putrefaction is a concern. If you're thinking of switching protein sources, definitely try out different types of fresh green beans like broad beans, french green beans, and peas. Not as much "nutrition" as their meat counterparts but come with a lot of other things that will benefit the body.

CDT

I've found meat to be extremely suppressing. Most meat in the US is soaked in trisodium polyphosphate, which is a highly absorbable form of phosphate that I think strongly leads to the high rates of kidney problems in the US. Its also sprayed with citric acid and other anti microbials upon butchuring. not to mention the amino acids and iron. So recently, ive been living off milk, fruit, cheese, seafood, but im considering adding in oats and potatoes for more vitamins/minerals and cause I have very high carb requirements (4-500 grams). I would eat meat If i personally knew the butcher, but I don't have access to that.
Yea, good idea. Milk is a godsend. May I ask what the deal is with excess amino acids? Like, I know excess iron is bad according to peat, but what about amino acids?

theotokos

I've found meat to be extremely suppressing. Most meat in the US is soaked in trisodium polyphosphate, which is a highly absorbable form of phosphate that I think strongly leads to the high rates of kidney problems in the US. Its also sprayed with citric acid and other anti microbials upon butchuring. not to mention the amino acids and iron. So recently, ive been living off milk, fruit, cheese, seafood, but im considering adding in oats and potatoes for more vitamins/minerals and cause I have very high carb requirements (4-500 grams). I would eat meat If i personally knew the butcher, but I don't have access to that.
I find beef very problematic in general. The mineral ratios are way off compared to other meats.... even its milk is inferior to goat or sheep.

CDT

Im not sure if i agree with everything you said, but i will say that its been noted that the masaai who dont drink the psychedelic tea made from bark alkaloid compounds get heart disease. To rephrase that, only the masaai who drink their ceremonial tea dont get heart disease, leading me to think that their diet has much less to do with their health. But yeah, theres loads of proof of different cultures that live long happy lives with very little meat consumption. The only think id worry about are the bco1 gene polymorphisms. Id like to do 23andme just to find out if i have that gene. Until then ill probably continue to eat liver and other organ meats.
Whats the gene polymorphism got to do with it? Are you limiting your organ meat consumption? Are you eating meats just to ensure that you get enough nutrition? SOrry, just wanted to clarify

CDT

He's proud of his cholesterol of 98. that's dangerously low. Just another reason to not be a fruitarian imo.
BUt if his testosterone is high, then it shouldn't be a problem, right?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

GreekDemiGod

I am wondering whether a predominantly fruitarian diet (with quality animal foods included in small - moderate amounts) is the most optimal for optimizing sugar metabolism. Does the Peating diet ideas suggest a more animal-based or fruit-based diet?

Hans

Forum Supporter
This guys a fruitarian and a body builder. He doesnt eat any protein powders nor does he take any supplements. Just fruit and weights.

No offense to the guy, but he definitely doesn't qualify as a bodybuilder in any shape or form. I mean as long as he's happy with his body and with where his health is at, then he can stay on fruit as long as his body allows him to do so. But in terms of building muscle and/or retaining the muscle one has, you DO need protein otherwise your body WILL break down its own protein in an attempt to rebuild itself, but as a result, it also increases inflammation in the body as the body doesn't have enough protein to restore its own breakdown. The body isn't capable of creating muscle/protein out of carbs. No matter how high your testosterone is, you can't have a good physique without consuming enough protein.

schultz

if you do choose to eat meat, understand that it is as poisonous to you as a soda

So therapeutic?

I tried fruitarian and gave it a heck of a go. Wrecked me. Peat said it might be possible for fruitatarin to work, but not possible at all in the United States.

Agreed. Even harder in Canada where I am. If you're had access to a lot of strange tropical fruits it might work. I befriended an older Jamaican gentleman last summer and he was telling me about all the kinds of fruits they have there. Tons of things I've never even heard of, and that you'll probably never see in the grocery store. They could be full of keto acids or amino acids for all we know, we just don't know that much about these tropical fruits and there are thousands of them.

So therapeutic?
Coke is great for digestion.
Agreed. Even harder in Canada where I am. If you're had access to a lot of strange tropical fruits it might work. I befriended an older Jamaican gentleman last summer and he was telling me about all the kinds of fruits they have there. Tons of things I've never even heard of, and that you'll probably never see in the grocery store. They could be full of keto acids or amino acids for all we know, we just don't know that much about these tropical fruits and there are thousands of them.
Jackfruit has a surprising amount of protein( at least it was surprising to me when I saw it): 17 grams per kilo. Who knows how many keto- acids there are in it. Very caloric too, nearly a thousand calories per kg, and low PUFA.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

No offense to the guy, but he definitely doesn't qualify as a bodybuilder in any shape or form. I mean as long as he's happy with his body and with where his health is at, then he can stay on fruit as long as his body allows him to do so. But in terms of building muscle and/or retaining the muscle one has, you DO need protein otherwise your body WILL break down its own protein in an attempt to rebuild itself, but as a result, it also increases inflammation in the body as the body doesn't have enough protein to restore its own breakdown. The body isn't capable of creating muscle/protein out of carbs. No matter how high your testosterone is, you can't have a good physique without consuming enough protein.
I absolutely agree, and i regret calling this thread what i called it seeing as it misses the point i was trying to express. You will have trouble trying to be a body builder on an all fruit diet, but what this man proves is that he can maintain a decent amount of muscle, he isnt horomonally screwed, and he is 35 years old. Hes also been doing this diet long enough he could possibly be producing mead acid seeing as he doesnt consume any high fat fruit like avocado, nor nuts or seeds. The video isnt inspiring me to become a fruitarian, its inspired me to question how much protein is necessary, whether im over doing it (1gr/lb bw) and his example reinforces that a fruit based diet will not lead to poor health, as many people who criticize Dr Peat claim.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

Whats the gene polymorphism got to do with it? Are you limiting your organ meat consumption? Are you eating meats just to ensure that you get enough nutrition? SOrry, just wanted to clarify
Bco1 is a gene related to the conversion of beta carotene to retinol, and seeing as i have the double recessive mc1r polymorphism, its easy for me to assume that i come from people who thrived on meat

ursidae

I don’t understand people’s obsession with beef. Lamb and fish is much better

schultz

Coke is great for digestion.

Jackfruit has a surprising amount of protein( at least it was surprising to me when I saw it): 17 grams per kilo. Who knows how many keto- acids there are in it. Very caloric too, nearly a thousand calories per kg, and low PUFA.

Is that the one people use to make vegan "pulled pork"? Ive seen it at the grocery store I think, if it's the gigantic spikey looking fruit (not durian). Imagine that falling on you? Lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals