This fruitarian body builder shares his blood work

Brandin

FYI his free T is pathetic. He’s only saved by what can only be a sky high shbg. People eat it up of course
What are u talking about. It is in the upper range. Keto diets are highly correlated with high shbg... Are u new in this field?

qwazy

Actually, how indicative is free testosterone of "alpha"? He strikes me as pretty beta despite high free testosterone. There is no dominance or power in his voice or body language.

Brandin

Actually, how indicative is free testosterone of "alpha"? He strikes me as pretty beta despite high free testosterone. There is no dominance or power in his voice or body language.
That has alot to do with the free test during puberty, when the brain develops.

SamuraiJack

If you've read some of Dr L Wilson's articles, you'll know he is very against fruit.
He mentions it's very 'yin', meaning it makes the body cold, physically & mentally weak, depleted, hollowed out, low vitality, low masculinity in men, anxious, internally angry etc..
When I come across fruitarians/vegans I see these 'yin' states a lot and it gave me a visual meaning to the word.

People here saying this dude is good for his age blah blah, yeah he looks young, probably due to a low androgenic state. High ish T but doesn't look like he lifts and just doesn't look good in general. There's more at play here, but I don't want to take on these characteristics of his nor do I want to even look like that at age 35. Sorry. Doesn't fit the masculine ideal I'm striving for.

This is typical for the male fruitarian - imo a fruit only diet is damaging to the male in other ways not really understood by many others.

(Btw fruit isn't the only reason for a yin state, according to Wilson.)

rei

Liver contains too much copper combined with a fruit based diet
There is a nasty sort of strong emotionality that comes with eating a lot of fruit, I don’t know if copper is the reason. Strangely durian and freely are instead constantly agitated

Examples (I know there are other factors in life contributing too, so no disrespect to people’s struggles):

personally most times I go too high in fruit I end up having these exact emotional reactions and it’s pretty clear the current meat based vegetable police wouldn’t act like this

Wow, vegetable police is COMPLETELY different in that video compared to what i have seen him since 2 years i have been subscribed. He really grew into a man with carnivore and high animal diet.

ursidae

Wow, vegetable police is COMPLETELY different in that video compared to what i have seen him since 2 years i have been subscribed. He really grew into a man with carnivore and high animal diet.
yeah but I think his looks are suffering a bit on this Keto regimen. 2017-9

Uselis

i'm in a similar situation, in my 20s, finished college, unemployed, and have some money saved up. don't really know what to do. i certainly don't care for working a high paying, high stress job. don't care much to have kids. i asked ray about careers and graduate school/college and he sent me a really long, thoughtful response. i'm gonna post it on the forum soon. but basically his opinion was similar, which is that a lower paying, but meaningful job is better then getting wrapped up in the culture and going down the "normal" job route.
Bump ☺

gaze

@Uselis @NommyWommy

Me: If you were in your 20s today, would you still go to college and receive a phd in biology like you did? Do you have any career advice given that the majority of "normal" jobs are mechanistic, lifeless, stressful, and suppressing?

Ray:
Between 1959 and 1968, my master’s degree made it possible to get teaching jobs. In 1972, the year I got my PhD, Nixon impounded science research money, and university jobs suddenly weren’t available. When I applied to junior colleges, I found that most of them had obligatory pay scales, causing them to prefer people with only master’s degrees. When I started the biology PhD program, I had saved $2000, which was enough for tuition and living expenses for 2 years, then I got teaching and research assistantships for the next two years, so I finished without debts. I started teaching some adult education courses and giving talks while writing books. Lewis Powell’s 1971 Memorandum to the US Chamber of Commerce probably precipitated the anti-science, anti-culture, anti-education movement that led to Nixon’s impoundment of funds (after the research had been approved and the money assigned), and the following policy of austerity to leave more funds for militarism. Students responded to the rising costs by studying business instead of liberal arts. I suppose most university libraries were similar to the Univ. of Oregon’s, cancelling subscriptions to all of their most interesting journals, keeping the ideologically safe ones. Universities aren’t as interesting as they used to be; I don’t know of any graduate programs I would want to bother with.
Einstein referred to his 7 years of work at the patent office as his “cobbler’s trade” that every creative perosn should have. The physicist Ernest Sternglass, who was doing technical work at the time, quoted from a long talk he had with Einstein in 1947:

"Tell me," he said, "Are you planning to go back to school?"
"Yes, I'm thinking about it."
"Don't go back to school. They will try to crush every bit of originality out of you. Don't go back to graduate school."
"Well, I--"
"Be careful. There will be enormous pressures to conform."
And then he told me about his own life and the mistakes he had made. "Don't do what I've done," he said. "Always have
a cobbler's job. Always have a job where you can get up in the morning, face yourself, that you're doing something useful
for humanity. Because nobody can be a genius every day. Don't make that kind of mistake. You know, when I accepted a
job at the University of Berlin, I had no duties really. Nothing to do except wake up and solve all the problems of the
universe every morning. Nobody can do that. Don't make that mistake.".

The situation now is incomparably worse than in 1947. Over-specialization reflects the increasingly authoritarian culture. Over the years I’ve taught a great variety of college courses (anthropology, linguistics, biochemistry, physics for biology majors, immunology, philosophy, educational psychology, painting, etc.), and in some of them I found that an honest look at the subject matter aroused intense political reactions. If you can earn even a meagre income doing something that’s immediately useful, the political reactions against your ideas will be less dangerous, but conditions are changing, making it harder to avoid the pressures to conform."

CDT

I don't need to see bloodwork.
I just need to see 10 different youtube videos made by fruitarian to see how they look.
That gives me a pretty descent and representative panel of what this way of eating is conducive to: emaciated, skin on bone, tooth loss, dark circles, no muscle mass, loss of libido, loss of period...

That is even when they eat unlimited quantities of fruit.
You're just referring the idiot hippies that float on Youtube and end up going back to their fish (mercury) diets and whatever nonsense, plus you're not considering their other habits like alcohol, processed food consumption, smoking, etc. Humans fare a lot better on a diet that prevents them from going into states of metabolic degeneration. Most people who eat too much meat will start to fall off around the 6 year mark, and that's when the significant portion of aging starts to set in. It's an exponential process, it starts out slow, then it accelerates when you get older. This is wy people who are plant based or consume less animal products tend to have preserved features and look younger in their later years. Eating meat day in and day out when you're not living a life that matches meat consumption will get to you (will kill you) eventually. Look up all the meat-eaters on Youtube. Some of the biggest names started including plants and seaweeds, and most don't even stick to their diet long term.

Atman

He's proud of his cholesterol of 98. that's dangerously low. Just another reason to not be a fruitarian imo.
I would not be surprised if he has problems with memory or other cognitive issues.
I once pushed my cholesterol below 100 with T3 supplementation and felt borderline demented.

GelatinGoblin

Liver contains too much copper combined with a fruit based diet
There is a nasty sort of strong emotionality that comes with eating a lot of fruit, I don’t know if copper is the reason. Strangely durian and freely are instead constantly agitated

Examples (I know there are other factors in life contributing too, so no disrespect to people’s struggles):

personally most times I go too high in fruit I end up having these exact emotional reactions and it’s pretty clear the current meat based vegetable police wouldn’t act like this

It's the high Estrogen.

T

TheBeard

You're just referring the idiot hippies that float on Youtube and end up going back to their fish (mercury) diets and whatever nonsense, plus you're not considering their other habits like alcohol, processed food consumption, smoking, etc. Humans fare a lot better on a diet that prevents them from going into states of metabolic degeneration. Most people who eat too much meat will start to fall off around the 6 year mark, and that's when the significant portion of aging starts to set in. It's an exponential process, it starts out slow, then it accelerates when you get older. This is wy people who are plant based or consume less animal products tend to have preserved features and look younger in their later years. Eating meat day in and day out when you're not living a life that matches meat consumption will get to you (will kill you) eventually. Look up all the meat-eaters on Youtube. Some of the biggest names started including plants and seaweeds, and most don't even stick to their diet long term.

I can only think of counter examples to your argument.

Sv3rige has been eating purely meat for the past 4 years, he looks great and hasn't aged.

Hench Herbivore is aging by the day...

CDT

I can only think of counter examples to your argument.

Sv3rige has been eating purely meat for the past 4 years, he looks great and hasn't aged.

Hench Herbivore is aging by the day...
Are you Seriously bringing up Gatis (Sv3ridge) into this argument? SERIOUSLY?! This guy is a validated sociopath. There are news accounts of him threatening people with knives on MULTIPLE accounts. He consumes squirrels in public. He was arrested by the German police. Is he really your model for how carnivory gives you optimal health? If this was a cause and effect relationship, then carnivory would seem to impair your mental health.

Also, Im not sure what your standards are, but that guy is far from healthy

Hench herbivore isn't AGING by the day. He took massive doses of steroids when he was younger and used to eat loads of meat. Being vegan after you ate massive amounts of meat isn't going to fix the damage you did to your body, unless there are some significant intervening measure taken. In fact, he hasn't aged, just look at his vids with his older photos. Yea, steroids wrecked him, but he looks about the same level of "wrecked" now than he was previously.

Cory Mccarthy, a longtime vegan and vegetarian, lost his gall bladder from eating too much meat back in the 1990s. Hes been plant based ever since. He hasn't aged squat. He's even North European Caucasiand descent, and Caucasian people are notorious for having genes that make it difficult to eat plant based foods. So if he can do it, then Im wondering if a lot of others can as well. Also, his diet is pretty shite. If he ate a little better (maybe added some milk even), he'd be so much better off imho.

T

TheBeard

Are you Seriously bringing up Gatis (Sv3ridge) into this argument? SERIOUSLY?! This guy is a validated sociopath. There are news accounts of him threatening people with knives on MULTIPLE accounts. He consumes squirrels in public. He was arrested by the German police. Is he really your model for how carnivory gives you optimal health? If this was a cause and effect relationship, then carnivory would seem to impair your mental health.

Also, Im not sure what your standards are, but that guy is far from healthy

Hench herbivore isn't AGING by the day. He took massive doses of steroids when he was younger and used to eat loads of meat. Being vegan after you ate massive amounts of meat isn't going to fix the damage you did to your body, unless there are some significant intervening measure taken. In fact, he hasn't aged, just look at his vids with his older photos. Yea, steroids wrecked him, but he looks about the same level of "wrecked" now than he was previously.

Cory Mccarthy, a longtime vegan and vegetarian, lost his gall bladder from eating too much meat back in the 1990s. Hes been plant based ever since. He hasn't aged squat. He's even North European Caucasiand descent, and Caucasian people are notorious for having genes that make it difficult to eat plant based foods. So if he can do it, then Im wondering if a lot of others can as well. Also, his diet is pretty shite. If he ate a little better (maybe added some milk even), he'd be so much better off imho.

"Caucasian people are notorious for having genes that make it difficult to eat plant based foods"

Yet most of us are of caucasian descent and you still recommend a vegetarian/vegan diet.

Makes sense.

Epik

I wonder what his DHT levels are, I know of some supplements such as fenugreek that increases testosterone by inhibiting the conversion to DHT, maybe something similar is happening. Also, I'd be interested to see his prolactin and estrogen, he seems a little pale to me. I don't think one metric can ever tell the whole story, context is always important.