Blood work/ endo/ fatigue / low iron

TacoVampire

Hi all. I've been dealing with fatigue for many years. Finally got an appointment with an endocrinologist and he prescribed me on 50MCG LEVOTHYROXINE after my blood work (which is attached). Also mentions that my iron is low.

Strange... I've been donating blood for about 1.5 years and often eat organ meat. And often drink coffee with it.
q: should I stop this?

Also eat liver at least twice a week. Could something else be going on? By body temp is usually at about 97.5F. And in the AM it's the low end of 96. THanks!

Attachments

• TACOVAMP Jan2021.pdf
    128.6 KB · Views: 24

Jem Oz

I'd hone in on your thyroid. TSH is high. Anemia is a very common symptom of hypothyroidism.

Jem Oz

Oh also, another common cause of low iron/ferritin is H. Pylori. Have you ever been tested? You mention endo symptoms - I had acute gastritis for years which turned out to be caused by H. Pylori. I killed the bacteria and my gut issues completely resolved, and my iron levels returned to normal.

Vadim

Hi all. I've been dealing with fatigue for many years. Finally got an appointment with an endocrinologist and he prescribed me on 50MCG LEVOTHYROXINE after my blood work (which is attached). Also mentions that my iron is low.

Strange... I've been donating blood for about 1.5 years and often eat organ meat. And often drink coffee with it.

Also eat liver at least twice a week. Could something else be going on? By body temp is usually at about 97.5F. And in the AM it's the low end of 96. THanks!
It makes no sense to start taking thyroid hormones until the level of ferritin, b12, folate, vitamin d3, magnesium, selenium and zinc is completely normalized. It is highly likely that hormone levels will recover on their own after the levels of all these co-factors have normalized. Very common thing

SeamusR

Have you tried LactoFerrin ?, great for iron deficiency and any bacterial, viral or fungal infections.

redsun

Your name and the fact that you need iron is ironic. If you have been giving blood you will eventually cause iron deficiency. Iron absorption is low even from heme-iron so food is not going to cut. Body temp is low as well, low iron will lead to low thyroid and thus heat production.

Your tests show you need iron. You do need to take it and stop depleting it. You can also eat more iron-rich foods but coffee is not really an issue. Just stop donating and supplement so levels can go back up.

I highly suggest Proferrin's heme-iron supplement. Way better absorbed and easier on the gut. They have a no one which less junk in it:

There is also evidence supplementing vitamin A as well can help anemia better than iron alone. If you eat organ meat your vitamin A levels are probably in a good spot though.

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Michael Mohn Does serotonin in fruit raise serotonin blood levels? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 5
Pina Orange Juice Blood Pressure Ask For Help or Advice 8
haidut DHT better (and safer) than testosterone for improving blood pressure, insulin levels Scientific Studies 16
R Sleep tests should be just as common as blood tests Miscellaneous Health Discussions 8
Cloudhands Need help interpreting blood panel Ask For Help or Advice 17
J Any idea why my blood pressure could be high? Diet 3
B Whole blood minerals Blood Work, Labs 10
C Coffee polyphenols ameliorate cognitive decline via maintenance of blood-brain barrier (BBB) integrity in senescence-accelerated mouse prone 8 (SAMP8) Coffee 4
md_a Blood clots in COVID-19 patients: Simplifying the curious mystery Scientific Studies 15
A New here! Edema, blood sugar, and the likes Ask For Help or Advice 0
K Blood Leech Therapy Animals 1
R Safest medication to treat high blood pressure? Ask For Help or Advice 53
burtlancast Blood acidosis protects against cancer Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 2
deliciousfruit Extremely confusing blood test results Blood Work, Labs 26
J Am I good to eat red meat with H63D gene as long as i donate blood, eat iron rich foods with calcium Minerals 0
yerrag Does Anyone Have References that Validate the Use of Urine pH as a Proxy for Blood/ECF pH? Acidity vs. Alkalinity 65
F How to increase blood clotting or estradiol (prothrombin factors)? Ask For Help or Advice 9
E Morning blood cortisol 640 nmol/L Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 1
F Help interpreting Thyroid Blood Work. Blood Work, Labs 3
A Weird blood results after the jab Blood Work, Labs 13
Hans Coconut oil for lowering blood sugar, insulin requirements, inflammation and appetite Scientific Studies 24
J Donating blood plasma Ask For Help or Advice 0
P Blood tests results and news for those doing DMSO/T Base Blood Work, Labs 12
M Reduce Blood Cysteine Ask For Help or Advice 4
Cloudhands This fruitarian body builder shares his blood work Blood Work, Labs 119
A Miami doctor dies after receiving Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine. He developed thrombocytopenic purpura, a blood disorder where the spleem kills all plateles Vaccines 11
T Need hjelp with understanding my blood tests. Blood Work, Labs 10
G Any ideas on how to boost chronic low red blood count? Ask For Help or Advice 8
lvysaur Aryanism, veganism, blood type, empathy and the Indo-European lie. Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 17
L Blood Results After 6 Weeks On Finasteride Blood Work, Labs 27
ursidae UTI/Passing Blood In Urine Ask For Help or Advice 6
R Thoughts On Blood Work Results Blood Work, Labs 0
S HELP! Elevated Blood Labs Blood Work, Labs 5
O My Thyroid Blood Labs - Need Help Interpreting Them Blood Work, Labs 5
T Feel Better After Getting Blood Drawn From Me? Blood Work, Labs 4
haidut Drop In Mom's Thyroid Levels, Undetectable By Blood Tests, Tanks Child IQ Scientific Studies 1
S Hypoparathyroid And High Blood Calcium? Blood Work, Labs 4
lvysaur Poll: Heartburn (acid Reflux) And Blood Types Digestion, Gut Flora 1
E SARS-CoV-2 Spike Proteins Disrupt The Blood-Brain Barrier, Potentially Raising Risk Of Neurological Scientific Studies 2
P 22M Cystic Fibrosis Blood Works Blood Work, Labs 20
A Eliminate CO2 From The Blood Ask For Help or Advice 4
P What To Eat After Blood Donation? Diet 4
Mito The Metabolism Of Every Part Of The Body Is Affected By The Redox State Of The Blood Scientific Studies 5
johnwester130 Blood Pressure Medications For Baldness? Angiotensin Receptor Blockers Hair & Nails 1
M How To Treat Leaky Blood-brain-barrier If One Is Sensitive To Caffeine Pill? Ask For Help or Advice 3
V Best Diet For A Good Blood Circulation? Diet 7
Galia Hypothyroidism Only By Blood Test Thyroid and Hormones 0
Twohandsondeck Ron Wyatt Finds, Tests, And Proves The PHYSICAL Blood Of Christ W/ Chromosome Count & WBC Activity Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 15
CHEESEHEAD69 Blood Work. High AST & ALT Levels? Liver Damage? Blood Work, Labs 15
GorillaHead ENOS And Strong Skin Blood Flow Skin 7