The Progest-E & Raw Honey High

Jon2547

You know quite a bit about progesterone, Rinse. I have been curious about getting some myself. The reasoning is that since taking cistance and increasing fruits ( i stopped the raisins though, too much starch), my sense of calm has significantly increased.
I don't know as much as some of the folks here about all the hormones. But could the cistance and additional fruits and sugars be lifting my youth hormones? And if so, wouldn't that point in the direction of progesterone?

I certainly don't want to tinker with thyroid or the pregnenelone(sp?).

OP
Rinse & rePeat
You know quite a bit about progesterone, Rinse. I have been curious about getting some myself. The reasoning is that since taking cistance and increasing fruits ( i stopped the raisins though, too much starch), my sense of calm has significantly increased.
I don't know as much as some of the folks here about all the hormones. But could the cistance and additional fruits and sugars be lifting my youth hormones? And if so, wouldn't that point in the direction of progesterone?

I certainly don't want to tinker with thyroid or the pregnenelone(sp?).

Yeah I am with you that I don't want to push my luck with thyroid and pregnenolone either. I have only subscribed to Progest-E in the last few months and post stuff as I learn it myself. So far it has only been a good thing, but I only use it sparingly at night, maybe 4 out of 7 nights and it is great for sleep. I couldn't tell you how fruit transfers into progesterone, and I know nothing about "cistance", never heard of it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Since stored fats are usually mostly polyunsaturated, the thyroid gland will keep being suppressed as long as weight is being lost, since the PUFA are being released into the blood stream. If a person has enough cholesterol, thyroid, and vitamin A, and keeps estrogen low, progesterone supplements shouldn’t be needed, but since adipose tissue is a source of estrogen synthesis when there’s inflammation, stress, or low thyroid, the need for progesterone is likely to recur. Aspirin helps to inhibit estrogen synthesis.” -Ray Peat

Jon2547

I know this is a crazy question, but is this the best type of progesterone? I want to try this Progest-E.

Jon2547

I have not bought it yet. I was just asking is this, that is to say, the brand "Progest-E" the best kind of progesterone? Because I was reading a while back something about if it is made with wild yam then it is not really progesterone, or something to that effect?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I have not bought it yet. I was just asking is this, that is to say, the brand "Progest-E" the best kind of progesterone? Because I was reading a while back something about if it is made with wild yam then it is not really progesterone, or something to that effect?

Here is a good puzzle piece......

Post question by Parsifal along with the Ray Peat quote.....

Bio-Identical Progesterone From Wild Yam. Toxic?

"Some businesses have misleadingly used my name and parts of my research to imply that I support their products. The only formulation of progesterone that I approve is progesterone dissolved in vitamin E, and I hold the patent on that. It is useful when applied to the skin, but oral use is more economical. As this book explains, other solvents and additives can be harmful. Almond oil, avocado oil, safflower oil, etc., sensitize the skin to the aging effects of the sun, and are inappropriate for use on the skin or internally. Diosgenin, sometimes called wild yam extract, is toxic." -Ray Peat

Response posted by tara.....

"Progesterone can be manufactured from diosgenin that is found in wild yams. Peat is saying diosgenin is toxic. The body cannot convert diosgenin to progesterone - it requires lab conditions.
Progesterone is a necessary and supportive chemical in appropriate doses.
Don't use products that contain unmodified wild yam/diosgenin."

Response posted by Adnada...

"Bioidentical progesterone is always made from wild yam (used to be made from the corpus luteum of animals, but that is not economically viable). Diosgenin (from the yam) is chemically synthesized into a molecular structure identical to natural progesterone. This conversion can be done in a lab, but our bodies cannot make the conversion. Consuming wild yam is not the same as using bioidentical progesterone synthesized from wild yam (ie Progest-E). So no, Progest E is not toxic!"

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I took Progest-E 4+ years ago and threw it out when I heard that the one I had was made with soy oil. I had no idea that it was a knock off.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This looks like the knock-off I used years ago that brought me out of menopause....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211011-141956_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-141956_Samsung Internet.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20211011-142004_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-142004_Samsung Internet.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20211011-142017_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-142017_Samsung Internet.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 25

Jon2547

What website are you buying yours from now, Rinse? And the type you are taking, is it called Progest-E?

Happycat

I took Progest-E 4+ years ago and threw it out when I heard that the one I had was made with soy oil. I had no idea that it was a knock off.
The real Progest E from Kenogen is also made from vitamin E derived from soy, unfortunately. I think there is a tread discussing this on the forum.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
You want the one with the orange label not the white one. I can't remember which site I got mine from. I will have to look and get back to you on that.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
The real Progest E from Kenogen is also made from vitamin E derived from soy, unfortunately. I think there is a tread discussing this on the forum.

My white bottle said soy on it. My bottle now doesn't.

Attachments

• 20211011_143845.jpg
    20211011_143845.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 14
OP
Rinse & rePeat

Just like Ray Peat frying his bacon in coconut oil, maybe the same action is happening in his Progest-E with the addition of coconut oil?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"With a diet high in protein (e.g., at least 70-100 grams per day, including eggs) and vitamin A (not carotene), I have found that the dose of progesterone can be reduced each month. Using thyroid will usually reduce the amount of progesterone needed. Occasionally, a woman won't feel any effect even from 100 mg. of progesterone; I think this indicates that they need to use thyroid and diet, to normalize their estrogen, prolactin, and cortisol." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Progesterone stimulates the ovaries and adrenals to produce progesterone, and it also activates the thyroid, so one dose can sometimes have prolonged effects. It shouldn't be necessary to keep using progesterone indefinitely, unless the ovaries have been removed. In slender post-menopausal women, 10 mg. per day is usually enough to prevent progesterone deficiency symptoms." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
SEE LAST LINE

**The vitamin E in the Progest-E Complex is derived from soy, yet many people with soy allergies have no problem with Progest-E because often an allergic reaction is a response to soy proteins.

There are no proteins in the oily fractions of the plant (such as vitamin E), which is a highly purified distillate. If you have a soy allergy, it is best to first test on a small area of the skin (ex: ankle).

The progesterone in Dr. Peat’s Progest-E Complex is USP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211011-151739_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-151739_Samsung Internet.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 7
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals