The Progest-E & Raw Honey High

SamuraiJack

"I think it's important that we don't allow the drug publicists to obscure the broad importance of substances such as aspirin, vitamin E, progesterone, and thyroid. For 60 years, a myth that was created to sell estrogen has harmed both science and the health of many people" -Ray Peat

So true. Estrogen is absolutely everywhere. Here in the UK, they're slipping soy flour in so many bread/baked products. You'll see it in other food items where it has no business being.
Massive push on 'non meat' meat also. This is going to be huge I reckon.

And now one type of PUFA in a food isn't enough. Seeing a lot of canola/sunflower oil combinations.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Certainly. I'm still coming across ways it's benefitting me. As per one of your quotes, it's clear how pro thyroid this is for us, especially in my case.

For a few weeks now I've been having to constantly eat more and more, and supplement with extra mg, cal & potassium. As long as I'm well fed and nourished, I'm great!
It's been working like thyroid for me. A little more effective for me, I believe, due to being slightly deficient in prog before, so I could do with lowering the dose now as I'm now in 'hard gainer' territory!

One heck of a hormone yet no mention of it in hospitals, GP's or anywhere for that matter...hmm..

Probably it isn't mentioned by the medical industry because they are pushing the opposite, estrogen. You don't see too many people getting cured nowadays and it makes you wonder what's going on. I like what you said about "as well as you are well nourished", progesterone could not do it's job without the right foods.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
So true. Estrogen is absolutely everywhere. Here in the UK, they're slipping soy flour in so many bread/baked products. You'll see it in other food items where it has no business being.
Massive push on 'non meat' meat also. This is going to be huge I reckon.

And now one type of PUFA in a food isn't enough. Seeing a lot of canola/sunflower oil combinations.

That is interesting! You saying that they are slipping soy into places where it doesn't belong makes me wonder if companies like those get some kind of incentives to do so, like doctors getting incentives for each peson they convince to get a flu or tetanus shot?

SamuraiJack

That is interesting! You saying that they are slipping soy into places where it doesn't belong makes me wonder if companies like those get some kind of incentives to do so, like doctors getting incentives for each peson they convince to get a flu or tetanus shot?
I believe that. Just like cereal companies putting literal iron filings into the cereal. They must be getting huge incentives and as long as their pockets are being filled, they probably don't care about the health of others.

Another absolute catastrophe is Dr's prescribing HUGE doses of Vit d and calcium. Without K2 and magnesium (and other minerals) where does all the calcium go? Soft tissues and arteries. Which = total body calcification. I think this is a huge underrated cause of so many health issues we suffer.
Strokes, heart attacks, calcified glands, kidneys, pancreas etc..

The ones at the top of the ladder know all about this. They're the ones who make the rules and are killing us with intent.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I believe that. Just like cereal companies putting literal iron filings into the cereal. They must be getting huge incentives and as long as their pockets are being filled, they probably don't care about the health of others.

Another absolute catastrophe is Dr's prescribing HUGE doses of Vit d and calcium. Without K2 and magnesium (and other minerals) where does all the calcium go? Soft tissues and arteries. Which = total body calcification. I think this is a huge underrated cause of so many health issues we suffer.
Strokes, heart attacks, calcified glands, kidneys, pancreas etc..

The ones at the top of the ladder know all about this. They're the ones who make the rules and are killing us with intent.

I am glad people like you and I have figured out how to navigate through all the bs via Ray Peat. I just feel sorry for people who trust the system. Most people that I know have some problem or another amwith many having multiple issues I use to be that way too, but not anymore, I haven't even one. I am told all the time by others that I am the healthiest person they know, thank you Ray Peat!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"If you depend on chicken for your major protein, it will contribute to suppressing your thyroid and progesterone. Increased salt helps to increase your metabolic rate. Low thyroid makes you lose salt too easily, and temporarily just eating more salt helps to make up for low thyroid-adrenals-progesterone." -Ray Peat e-mail exchange

OP
Rinse & rePeat
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Besides keeping phosphates low, getting a lot of vitamin K, and maybe rubbing some onto the gums, might help; it's antiinflammatory. Some people have reverse gingivitis by "rinsing" with coconut oil twice a day,
swishing it around for a couple of minutes." -Ray Peat e-mail exhange

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"I knew someone who had been addicted to morphine and alcohol for 30 years, who was drinking quarts of beer and wine daily when he didn't have morphine, who had an opportunity for a good job if he could get sober. Starting progesterone at bedtime (and stopping the wine), he said it was the first time he didn't have a hangover in the morning. He used enough progesterone to neuter most people, but said it didn't affect his sex function; he was taking a lot of Cytomel and magnesium, but wasn't drunk again as long as I knew him, and his general health improved." -Ray Peat

"The person I described who recovered so completely took about 1000 mg of progesterone during the first night, and more than 1000 mg daily for a few weeks, but that much could make some people comatose; it's a matter of individual hormone status. I think the SSRI drugs continue to do harm, even when they reduce withdrawal symptoms." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
RPF Email Exchange:

I asked about Unique E's apparent changes in color/thickness and about some of the promising competing products, highlighting their tocopherol balance, soy/palm/sunflower source, and GMO status. He replied:

"I think mixed tocopherols are better than just d-alpha, but with d-alpha it's good to choose one that has a high potency per volume. I have noticed that one of Unique's products seems to be mostly other oil. I think polycosanols account for some of the viscosity, so I prefer the thick ones." -Ray Peat

InChristAlone

I just bought the mixed tocopherols from Unique E and it is very thick. Can barely use it topically, I have to thin it out with coconut oil. I have another brand that is mostly sunflower oil its thin and light in color.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I just bought the mixed tocopherols from Unique E and it is very thick. Can barely use it topically, I have to thin it out with coconut oil. I have another brand that is mostly sunflower oil its thin and light in color.

Aha! Now you know the difference. Mine is thick too and works great for sleep! Have you noticed a difference between the two?

InChristAlone

Aha! Now you know the difference. Mine is thick too and works great for sleep! Have you noticed a difference between the two?
Not yet as I don't take a lot of it, just topical amounts which I do think lowers estrogen. My period came a day early after using it for a few days.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Heart [Atrial fibrillation]

"Vitamins D and K, and calcium are important for stabilizing the heart rhythm. Estrogen tends to cause chemical hyperventilation (loss of carbon dioxide), which increases blood viscosity and the tendency toward atrial fibrillation. Progesterone and those other steroids have opposite effects (progesterone is a natural aldosterone antagonist, too). Thyroid is essential for helping cells to retain magnesium. A quart or two of milk, and a glass or two of orange juice every day helps with the main stabilizing minerals, but it's good to have seafood once a week, especially shellfish, for the trace minerals." -Ray Peat e-mail exchange

OP
Rinse & rePeat
[Surgical Menopause]
"I think it's most effective when you take it cyclically; imitating the menstrual cycle, with two week on and two off, would be good, unless you are using it to control some symptom." Ray Peat e-mail exchange

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"In at least some tissues, progesterone inhibits the release or activation of beta-glucuronidase (which, according to Cristofalo and Kabakjian, 1975, increases with aging). Glucaric acid, which inhibits this enzyme, is being used to treat breast cancer, and glucuronic acid also tends to inhibit the intracellular release of estrogen by beta-glucuronidase." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In experiments, progesterone was found to be the basic hormone of adaptation and of resistance to stress. The adrenal glands use it to produce their anti-stress hormones, and when there is enough progesterone, they don’t have to produce the potentially harmful cortisone. In a progesterone deficiency, we produce too much cortisone, and excessive cortisone causes osteoporosis, aging of the skin, damage to brain cells, and the accumulation of fat, especially on the back and abdomen.” – Ray Peat, PhD

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals