T3

Andman

i get the palps sometimes when i increase t3 dose too quickly, or combine with too much coffee, hard workouts etc

boris

Was using tiromel but switched to an ugl.

Hi, Jing. What does "ugl" mean (or which brand are you taking now)? Did you experience anything weird with Tiromel when you used it?

mostlylurking

I do good with pea protein, I don't do good with dairy or too good with eggs either .
Did you read the Peat article I included? Vegetables, etc.Who Defines Food? Your posts led me to believe you aren't doing too good. You description of your diet leads me to believe that it is the problem, or at least a major part of it. If you don't give your body the nutrients it needs, a thyroid supplement won't be successful, in fact it may make you feel worse. From your list of foods it appears you are eating a high starch, high serotonin producing diet, with some pea protein that isn't very bio-available, and have not cleaned up your diet by removing damaging things like processed foods.

mostlylurking

I tried gelatin before didn't feel good taking it headaches , low libido , fatigue.... Ham is an occasional thing hardly ever have it . White rice .. no but have done carrot salad few times before never noticed anything with it . What are you suggesting I just live on gelatin lol
I've tried to be helpful. It appears you aren't interested.

redsun

Regarding the pea protein, please read this Peat article: Vegetables, etc.Who Defines Food?

Ray Peat recommends animal protein, but extremely low or no muscle meat. This leaves dairy, organic free range eggs, and gelatin, with liver once a week.

Reading up on tryptophan will be helpful: Programmable Search Engine
Diet where the main protein is dairy, eggs, gelatin is low in B3, B6, zinc since meat is the best source for these. Dairy and eggs have plenty of tryptophan while some cuts of meat and ground beef have much less tryptophan. Gelatin is the definition of empty calories and too much will hurt your nutritional status like too much empty sugars and empty fats will.

Virtually no nutrients in gelatin to process the amino acids. Not having tryptophan does not change that and that reason alone is why its detrimental to one's health. You can get more than enough glycine from including meat in the diet and meat will provide vital micronutrients that gelatin lacks.

OP
J

Jing

Hi, Jing. What does "ugl" mean (or which brand are you taking now)? Did you experience anything weird with Tiromel when you used it?
Underground lab, I thought I would just try a different brand because when I would order tiromel it would just take like a month to arrive so wanted something I could get quicker . I feel the T3 I'm using now is better.

OP
J

Jing

I've tried to be helpful. It appears you aren't interested.
Don't be butt hurt because I don't digest the foods you want me to eat , if I don't do good with eggs, or dairy or gelatin why would I eat them?? That's just going to make things worse for me . The foods I eat now I just do best with even if it's not peat approved but what can I do? Just have terrible stomach pains, dirarrhea, other symptoms because you want me to eat that way?? Don't want to seem rude but it's true not my fault I don't do good with your advice.

mostlylurking

Don't be butt hurt because I don't digest the foods you want me to eat , if I don't do good with eggs, or dairy or gelatin why would I eat them?? That's just going to make things worse for me . The foods I eat now I just do best with even if it's not peat approved but what can I do? Just have terrible stomach pains, dirarrhea, other symptoms because you want me to eat that way?? Don't want to seem rude but it's true not my fault I don't do good with your advice.
Suit yourself.

mostlylurking

Diet where the main protein is dairy, eggs, gelatin is low in B3, B6, zinc since meat is the best source for these. Dairy and eggs have plenty of tryptophan while some cuts of meat and ground beef have much less tryptophan. Gelatin is the definition of empty calories and too much will hurt your nutritional status like too much empty sugars and empty fats will.

Virtually no nutrients in gelatin to process the amino acids. Not having tryptophan does not change that and that reason alone is why its detrimental to one's health. You can get more than enough glycine from including meat in the diet and meat will provide vital micronutrients that gelatin lacks.
from here: Gelatin, stress, longevity

The amino acids in proteins have been defined as “essential” on the basis of their contribution to growth, ignoring their role in producing long life, good brain development, and good health. The amino acid and protein requirements during aging have hardly been studied, except in rats, whose short life-span makes such studies fairly easy. The few studies that have been done indicate that the requirements for tryptophan and cysteine become very low in adulthood.

Although Clive McKay's studies of life extension through caloric restriction were done in the 1930s, only a few studies have been done to find out which nutrients' restriction contributes most to extending the life span. Restricting toxic heavy metals, without restricting calories, produces about the same life-extending effect as caloric restriction. Restricting only tryptophan, or only cysteine, produces a greater extension of the life span than achieved in most of the studies of caloric restriction. How great would be the life-span extension if both tryptophan and cysteine were restricted at the same time?

Both tryptophan and cysteine inhibit thyroid function and mitochondrial energy production, and have other effects that decrease the ability to withstand stress. Tryptophan is the precursor to serotonin, which causes inflammation, immunodepression, and generally the same changes seen in aging. Histidine is another amino acid precursor to a mediator of inflammation, histamine; would the restriction of histidine in the diet have a longevity promoting effect, too?

It happens that gelatin is a protein which contains no tryptophan, and only small amounts of cysteine, methionine, and histidine. Using gelatin as a major dietary protein is an easy way to restrict the amino acids that are associated with many of the problems of aging.​

Peater Pan

Maybe you have an endotoxin problem? Carrot salad? GAC w/coconut oil and some lemon juice water on waking?

OP
J

Jing

Maybe you have an endotoxin problem? Carrot salad? GAC w/coconut oil and some lemon juice water on waking?
Probably do have an endotoxin problem tbh lol but I've tried carrot salad regularly before and coconut oil and have done lemon juice water few times before no changes . Also oregano oil and tried turpentine and charcoal.

Peater Pan

Probably do have an endotoxin problem tbh lol but I've tried carrot salad regularly before and coconut oil and have done lemon juice water few times before no changes . Also oregano oil and tried turpentine and charcoal.
Granular activated carbon (GAC) and refined coconut oil on an empty stomach seems to clean my gut up pretty fast maybe try it for up to a week and then 1-2 time/week after that? I use Health Natura's GAC. This is something I picked up from @haidut through a podcast.

boris

Which brand are you taking? I get allergic reactions keeping me from falling asleep and pain in the prostate from Tiromel T3s fillers. They use microplastics (PVP/povidon k25).

Took my quite a while to make the connection. I found out because the bendadryl tablets that I used cause the same weird reactions and they have the same filler.

I have to correct myself. I looked through all the leaflets of supplements/medications I have at home and realized that others contain PVP and don‘t cause these types of problems for me.

It must be other excipients in Tiromel causing these reactions.

boris

After testing for the last few months: TIROMEL WORKS. My bad reactions must have been from something else.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals