Experiencing fatigue and low energy on a t3 protocol. Very confused and need help.

dervmai

progress
I have been on t3 ~25mcg per day. From my research, isn't t3 supposed to give an energy boost? Why does it feel draining? Maybe my hormones are out of wack, like my cortisol. I don't know. Is this something to do with estrogen or prolactin or cortisol? Any help is appreciated ty!

LLight

It's possible you have a deficiency and that your metabolism is decreased because of that. T3 could make things worse in such a state.

mostlylurking

Like a vitamin deficiency? Do you know how it decreases metabolism?
Look into thiamine deficiency.

EvanHinkle

Or a mineral deficiency. If you don’t already, try plugging your diet into the chronometer app. It will show you what you’re missing the RDAs in, (not that RDAs are be all end all, but if you’re missing one or two, try supplementing them before making any super drastic changes otherwise).

That was always helpful for me when I suspected deficiencies.

It feels very drainiing because it lowers adrenalin. That’s why you must start very low and increase over MONTHS. You have to give your body time to adjust to thyroid instead of stress hormones.

youngsinatra

Pure T3 can suppress TSH, so that your endogenous thyroid production is momentarily shut-off. Don’t worry, it comes back on, when you stop in almost all cases. That’s also the reason why T4 levels can get very low on pure T3, because your body doesn’t produce it’s own thyroid.

You theoretically could need more thyroid.

What initially got you interested in taking thyroid, especially pure T3?

LLight

Like a vitamin deficiency? Do you know how it decreases metabolism?
Vitamins and minerals allow metabolism to work and to counter possible damages metabolism functionning is creating (e.g. oxidative stress).

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
Yeah, I think this is the issue when your metabolism is shifted towards cortisol and stress hormones. If you take something which lowers stress hormones without increasing other pro metabolic hormones you are going to feel crappy. Its exposing faulty metabolism.
First thing I learned when I came to this forum and took vitamine E. 😁

ddjd

I have been on t3 ~25mcg per day. From my research, isn't t3 supposed to give an energy boost? Why does it feel draining? Maybe my hormones are out of wack, like my cortisol. I don't know. Is this something to do with estrogen or prolactin or cortisol? Any help is appreciated ty!

i get the exact same thing.

heres the reason

"chronic exposure of the cells to T3 inhibits StAR mRNA, StAR protein and pregnenolone to progesterone converting enzyme 3β-HSD.[28]" Study

you can confirm this by taking something which boosts the StAR enzyme- k2 mk4 is the best thing or Phytol also very good. notice how all your energy comes back

geusterman

My wife and I are hypo thyroid, Hashimoto’s disease. So we’ve been full on with this stuff for many many years. She always ran cold and low energy in the afternoon. Just wiped out. I discovered low-dose hydrocortisone, and she takes about 10 mg a day. Half in the morning and half in the early afternoon. That was valuable. After her latest Dutch test her naturopath said she could bump her T3 up a little. She’s finally normal at 72!

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
Pure T3 can suppress TSH, so that your endogenous thyroid production is momentarily shut-off. Don’t worry, it comes back on, when you stop in almost all cases. That’s also the reason why T4 levels can get very low on pure T3, because your body doesn’t produce it’s own thyroid.

You theoretically could need more thyroid.

What initially got you interested in taking thyroid, especially pure T3?
I just did not feel good and I could not figure out why, I had symptoms like skin issues and insomnia and brittle hair etc... had to put 2 and 2 together to figure it out. I couldn't sleep properly for months. Doctors wouldn't tell me anything. My initial TSH was 3.11 and I had a rt3 of 28 so I started to learn more about it which led me to ray peat and his thyroid supplementation philosophies. Is this unusual? Or is it a bad idea to be on t3?

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I started T3 yesterday. Feels really good. I had a feeling of satisfaction instead of constantly craving something.
It is still early to tell what happens long term with it, but for now feels really good.

AmandaWald

I started T3 yesterday. Feels really good. I had a feeling of satisfaction instead of constantly craving something.
It is still early to tell what happens long term with it, but for now feels really good.
Keep us posted how it goes!

I felt really good on T3 only when I first started, it was amazing to feel HAPPY and joyful again. After a few days, though, I had a low level permanent headache, and through talking to some fellow Peaters, I realised that I had been taking too much and dialed back. Later I also discovered that Ray Peat recommends 100mg of magnesium with each 5mg dose of T3, so I added that, too.

A couple of months later I got my GP to also prescribe me T4, as I found T3 only to be a bit of a rollercoaster ride in terms of energy.

Hope it continues to work well for you!

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
Keep us posted how it goes!

I felt really good on T3 only when I first started, it was amazing to feel HAPPY and joyful again. After a few days, though, I had a low level permanent headache, and through talking to some fellow Peaters, I realised that I had been taking too much and dialed back. Later I also discovered that Ray Peat recommends 100mg of magnesium with each 5mg dose of T3, so I added that, too.

A couple of months later I got my GP to also prescribe me T4, as I found T3 only to be a bit of a rollercoaster ride in terms of energy.

Hope it continues to work well for you!
Hi.
Tomorrow is going to be one week how I started it. I am sitting in the park now, was driving my usual bicycle route when I have free from work.
I wouldn't say that it makes me happy or joyful, it makes me emotionally and energeticly more stable. And I didn't even take it today. I took some selenium, didn't feel much of an effect.
What strikes me as interesting is that I have very little need to eat protein.
The highest amount I took was 4 drops yesterday. It was a bit overkill I feel.
I am gonna take one drop now. I take it sublingually.

Btw I don't want to take T4 personally cause it can turn easily to rT3. I dont have very good sleep...

How many drops have you've been taking and how?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals