T3

Jing

How do you stop palpitations and insomnia from T3? Taking 25mcg T3 and it's helping my mood, energy, brain fog feeling warmer just overall feel better but it's giving me terrible palpitations and insomnia the palpitations don't bother me in the day but when I lay down to sleep I can feel my heartbeat and it kind of jolts my body and I fall asleep but just wake up after a few minutes . Magnesium doesn't help,vitamin d doesn't help, more calories doesn't help. What can help with this because I need to take T3.

mostlylurking

Have you been keeping a record of your temperature with a basal body thermometer and your pulse? What are you relying on to tell you that you need T3?

OP
J

Jing

Have you been keeping a record of your temperature with a basal body thermometer and your pulse? What are you relying on to tell you that you need T3?
No I haven't been testing my temperature or pulse and few years ago got a blood test for tsh and it was 4.1 and just from symptoms being much colder than everyone even in the summer , fatigue, brain fog , poor exercise tolerance few other things which improve on taking t3 .

Vileplume

What’s an example of a typical day of eating? Covering all basic nutrients/vits/minerals?

+1 on taking temp and pulse

“As low temperature rises with thyroid treatment, the symptoms associated with hypothyroidism will disappear.” —Broda Barnes

mostlylurking

Your symptoms are saying you are taking too much. You need to chart your temperature and pulse daily for a while so you know what your body is doing.

Here are links for you: Ray Peat on Thyroid: Programmable Search Engine

Broda Barnes book on Hypothyroidism: Amazon product ASIN 069001029X
Danny Roddy blog post on hypothyroidism: Demystifying Thyroid Supplementation | Dannyroddy.com on Patreon

If your cholesterol is low, you need to fix that first before taking T3.

You could be low thiamine instead of (or in addition to) low thyroid. They both block oxidative metabolism.

Here's a video about thiamine:

marsaday

You should start on low doses of t3 first . So 1/4 tablet only. See how you get on. Small doses can be much more effective and the palps wil go

boris

How do you stop palpitations and insomnia from T3? Taking 25mcg T3 and it's helping my mood, energy, brain fog feeling warmer just overall feel better but it's giving me terrible palpitations and insomnia the palpitations don't bother me in the day but when I lay down to sleep I can feel my heartbeat and it kind of jolts my body and I fall asleep but just wake up after a few minutes . Magnesium doesn't help,vitamin d doesn't help, more calories doesn't help. What can help with this because I need to take T3.

Which brand are you taking? I get allergic reactions keeping me from falling asleep and pain in the prostate from Tiromel T3s fillers. They use microplastics (PVP/povidon k25).

Took my quite a while to make the connection. I found out because the bendadryl tablets that I used cause the same weird reactions and they have the same filler.

Last edited:

boris

I read that you did talk about Tiromel in the past.

Look into microplastic's estrogenic effects, it's toxic and carcinogenic. I would stay far away from that stuff. At the moment I can get my thyroid under control with coffee, but I am looking to try other thyroid brands and possibly the NDT from lifegivingstore.

Build up slowly. And you may be low in magnesium. I think T3 is wonderful stuff. Nothing wrong with it at all. But you have to build up and you probably have demands on your system that are not being met nutritionally. I think magnesium is the key.

OP
J

Jing

What’s an example of a typical day of eating? Covering all basic nutrients/vits/minerals?

+1 on taking temp and pulse

“As low temperature rises with thyroid treatment, the symptoms associated with hypothyroidism will disappear.” —Broda Barnes
Pea protein, oats , bananas, beef , rice , orange juice maybe few other things like today had a cheese and ham toasty

OP
J

Jing

Your symptoms are saying you are taking too much. You need to chart your temperature and pulse daily for a while so you know what your body is doing.

Here are links for you: Ray Peat on Thyroid: Programmable Search Engine

Broda Barnes book on Hypothyroidism: Amazon product ASIN 069001029X
Danny Roddy blog post on hypothyroidism: Demystifying Thyroid Supplementation | Dannyroddy.com on Patreon

If your cholesterol is low, you need to fix that first before taking T3.

You could be low thiamine instead of (or in addition to) low thyroid. They both block oxidative metabolism.

Here's a video about thiamine:

I don't feel anything positive from less than 25mcg though.. never felt anything from thiamine taken up to 1.5 grams.

OP
J

Jing

Which brand are you taking? I get allergic reactions keeping me from falling asleep and pain in the prostate from Tiromel T3s fillers. They use microplastics (PVP/povidon k25).

Took my quite a while to make the connection. I found out because the bendadryl tablets that I used cause the same weird reactions and they have the same filler.
Was using tiromel but switched to an ugl.

OP
J

Jing

Build up slowly. And you may be low in magnesium. I think T3 is wonderful stuff. Nothing wrong with it at all. But you have to build up and you probably have demands on your system that are not being met nutritionally. I think magnesium is the key.
Magnesium doesn't help I think I have figured out how to stop palpitations and insomnia by using taurine but now I'm brain fogged and fatigued ?

OP
J

Jing

What had been the method?

how many days on low dose t3

what was the starting dose and for how long
I've been testing out thyroid for more than a year maybe even two . Mostly 12.5mcg but have gone down to 6mcg and tried 18mcg.

mostlylurking

Pea protein, oats , bananas, beef , rice , orange juice maybe few other things like today had a cheese and ham toasty
Pea protein: Dr. Peat doesn't recommend it; he suggests gelatin: Gelatin, stress, longevity (the format has gone wonky; it's easier to read if you copy/paste into a Word document. Great Lakes is a good brand.
bananas = high serotonin
oats = hard on the gut, carcinogenic, probably increases serotonin
beef = high tryptophan = high serotonin but OK if you have some gelatin at the same time.
rice: white? or brown? white lowers thiamine. Brown = hard on the gut, probably increases serotonin
HAM?????? Did you read the added ingredients? Nitrates, nitrites, high tryptophan = high serotonin.
This is not a Peaty diet. Are you eating raw carrots and cooked mushrooms?

I suggest reading up on serotonin: Programmable Search Engine

A little T3 cannot overcome that diet.

Are you taking supplements? Are you taking birth control pills or other source of estrogen? Are you on any pharmaceutical drugs?

mostlylurking

Regarding the pea protein, please read this Peat article: Vegetables, etc.Who Defines Food?

Ray Peat recommends animal protein, but extremely low or no muscle meat. This leaves dairy, organic free range eggs, and gelatin, with liver once a week.

Reading up on tryptophan will be helpful: Programmable Search Engine

OP
J

Jing

I've been testing out thyroid for more than a year maybe even two . Mostly 12.5mcg but have gone down to 6mcg and tried 18mcg.

Regarding the pea protein, please read this Peat article: Vegetables, etc.Who Defines Food?

Ray Peat recommends animal protein, but extremely low or no muscle meat. This leaves dairy, organic free range eggs, and gelatin, with liver once a week.

Reading up on tryptophan will be helpful: Programmable Search Engine
I do good with pea protein, I don't do good with dairy or too good with eggs either .

OP
J

Jing

Pea protein: Dr. Peat doesn't recommend it; he suggests gelatin: Gelatin, stress, longevity (the format has gone wonky; it's easier to read if you copy/paste into a Word document. Great Lakes is a good brand.
bananas = high serotonin
oats = hard on the gut, carcinogenic, probably increases serotonin
beef = high tryptophan = high serotonin but OK if you have some gelatin at the same time.
rice: white? or brown? white lowers thiamine. Brown = hard on the gut, probably increases serotonin
HAM?????? Did you read the added ingredients? Nitrates, nitrites, high tryptophan = high serotonin.
This is not a Peaty diet. Are you eating raw carrots and cooked mushrooms?

I suggest reading up on serotonin: Programmable Search Engine

A little T3 cannot overcome that diet.

Are you taking supplements? Are you taking birth control pills or other source of estrogen? Are you on any pharmaceutical drugs?
I tried gelatin before didn't feel good taking it headaches , low libido , fatigue.... Ham is an occasional thing hardly ever have it . White rice .. no but have done carrot salad few times before never noticed anything with it . What are you suggesting I just live on gelatin lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals