T3 Overdose During Sunbathing

P.G.Marjorie

Hi guys, do you think its possible i could get hyperthyroid because of sunlight and T3 supplementation? I m taking around 25mcg tablet,nibbling during the day. I feel fine when I stay indoor, but when I am sunbathing almost all day I cant fall a sleep, because my heart rate is so high. Im not dehydrated or hungry. Just my brain cannot shut down for sleep and I can feel my heartbeat. Is it possible that during sunny day i dont need any T3 supp? Thanks

DaveFoster

Hi guys, do you think its possible i could get hyperthyroid because of sunlight and T3 supplementation? I m taking around 25mcg tablet,nibbling during the day. I feel fine when I stay indoor, but when I am sunbathing almost all day I cant fall a sleep, because my heart rate is so high. Im not dehydrated or hungry. Just my brain cannot shut down for sleep and I can feel my heartbeat. Is it possible that during sunny day i dont need any T3 supp? Thanks
Yeah; that can happen. You could also have a vitamin D deficiency, but just the light can promote hyperthyroidism.

DaveFoster

How come sunlight would make things worse not better with vit D deficiency?
Dr. Peat's mentioned how vitamin D works very closely with thyroid (and vitamin A), and it [vitamin D] also has an antibiotic effect, so either of those could help correct thyroid function, and the supplemental thyroid would cause hyperthyroidism if the dosage was too high.

tara

Some people apparently need less thyroid supps in summer than winter.

OP
P.G.Marjorie

P.G.Marjorie

Dr. Peat's mentioned how vitamin D works very closely with thyroid (and vitamin A), and it [vitamin D] also has an antibiotic effect, so either of those could help correct thyroid function, and the supplemental thyroid would cause hyperthyroidism if the dosage was too high.
Sounds logic, today i slept better after not taking T3( just a bit in the morning). But woke up with heart rate 90 bpm, 36,5 *C . Still a bit higher...

tara

The red light component of sunlight is generally supportive. Too much of the UV can be stressful. If you ere sunbathing all day, and you are not accustomed/adapted to it, maybe you got too much?

Spokey

Both thyroid and vitamin D have some common functions and require Magnesium, in the absence of enough I'm guessing you can probably expect the symptoms you describe. Vitamin A can help you relax here too.

Peatful

That response sounds like adrenaline
I agree with this.
Being in the sun requires energy.
Dont know if you are in a nutritional deficit in any way.

Last edited:

Also, nibbling doesnt work. The T3 is uneven distributed in the mass of a tablet. You need to grind it down, and eyeball dosages accordingly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals