Propiomazine Vs. Cyproheptadine For Palpitations

Judd Crane

I have a case of palpitations which started out earlier this week. It began after a strenuous weight lifting session which took place after a rough period of sickness (flu/sars-2 shortly followed by a herxheimer reaction). After recovering my energy levels I've had some problems with anxiety and feeling over energized, likely caused by stress but maybe also a positive energy increase because of the antibiotics.

Palpitations started occurring at night after my first workkout after this period and caused terrible insomnia, further increasing the stress. I went to the doctor and got prescribed propiomazine, a first generation anti-histamine with similar properties as cypro, which helped with the palpitations and sleep issues. However, I know cypro is appreciated by many on this forum and I might be more comfortable using that one instead. However palpitations seems to be a common side effect (maybe because of the anti-cholinergic effects?).

My question is: do you think I could use cypro instead of propiomazine for these stress induced palpitations?

Propiomazine - Wikipedia

Last edited:

mrchibbs

I have a case of palpitations which started out earlier this week. It began after a strenuous weight lifting session which took place after a rough period of sickness (flu/sars-2 shortly followed by a herxheimer reaction). After recovering my energy levels I've had some problems with anxiety and feeling over energized, likely caused by stress but maybe also a positive energy increase because of the antibiotics. After a workout palpitations started occurring at night and cause terrible insomnia, further increasing the stress. I went to the doctor and got prescribed propiomazine, a first generation anti-histamine with similar properties as cypro, which helped with the palpitations and sleep issues. However, I know cypro is appreciated by many on this forum and I might be more comfortable using that one instead. However palpitations seems to be a common side effect (maybe because of the anti-cholinergic effects? ). My question is: do you think I could use cypro instead of propiomazine for these stress induced palpitations?

Propiomazine - Wikipedia

I can vouch for cypro, at least for just a couple weeks. I don't think it needs to be used long term.

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

I can vouch for cypro, at least for just a couple weeks. I don't think it needs to be used long term.
Thanks for the reply. Can you vouch for it's effectiveness against palpitations? What about rebound effects?

mrchibbs

No I can't speak to palpitations specifically, but it's extremely soothing all around. I didn't have problems with rebound effects. I see it more as stopping a cycle of high serotonin/histamine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals