Starch Sensitivity

M

member 2106

Ray once said: “For people with really sensitive intestines or bad bacteria, starch should be zero.”

Has anyone with a really sensitive intestine reduced starch to zero for a significant amount of time, and did it work?

I think the keywords there are "bad bacteria." I know people who were able to thrive on it after a round of antibiotics and/or very limited diet to "starve" the bacteria. I think that this quote suggests that if you don't do well with starch then like Danny Roddy used to say about milk, it's not the starch, it's you. Roddy used to say, "it's not the milk, it's you.."

You're digestion should be "very healthy" like he said there. There's no reason why it shouldn't be unless you have a GI condition.

"If you don't get enough sugar or starch in your diet then you're gonna use some of your protein for energy"-RP

Last edited:

EIRE24

I think the keywords there are "bad bacteria." I know people who were able to thrive on it after a round of antibiotics and/or very limited diet to "starve" the bacteria. I think that this quote suggests that if you don't do well with starch then like Danny Roddy used to say about milk, it's not the starch, it's you. Roddy used to say, "it's not the milk, it's you.."

You're digestion should be "very healthy" like he said there. There's no reason why it shouldn't be unless you have a GI condition.

"If you don't get enough sugar or starch in your diet then you're gonna use some of your protein for energy"-RP

Which antibiotics in particular?

milk_lover

My life quality is substantially better when I have zero starch in my diet. I agree with Peat on this.

beta pandemic

Are you eating starch with salt?

Also stick to refined starches in begining and start with small portions.

But seriously salt is your friend.

Salt stimulates digestion and is itself antimicrobial plus it make all starches taste better.

milk_lover

Do you never find it too restrictive?
It's not too restrictive if I have the right food available at home. But to be frank I have never remained completely starch-free for more than a week. I always treat myself with starch if I find the food appealing.

Integra

Female, mid-twenties, average built.

Didn't eat any starch for... it's gonna be a month soon.
Ate several times a day, usually milk + fruit combo, periodic walks 5km, or shorter walks daily. Some bodyweight exercises. Dinner almost always cheese + fruit-vegetables and some salad (pretty benign, like lettuce) for crunch. Lots of OJ and milk in between. Smoothies. Cottage cheese and eggs several times a week also.

Had starch cravings approximately 3-4 times over the whole period. It was either a masked salt craving, or a desire for something crunchy. Other than that, haven't noticed any significant changes except for a rapid decrease in acne (but not completely gone), then smaller breakouts. Energy levels varied from okay to tired, but the tired also felt kind of good.

Most recently have been feeling not so well, but this may have to do with hormonal shifts with the cycle. Had bouts of insomnia/anxiety. But nothing too drastically different than my usual issues.

If you're gonna do this, make sure to have food on hand and eat frequently. You might feel like the food burns up faster. I also avoided meat because of serotonin issues/desire to reduce iron.

I'll wait another week and then might get back to eating potatoes. Blood sugar was more stable, but I've been getting tired more easily. Though this could be a good thing, perhaps the inflammation went down. Who knows?

Xisca

Integra,just eat your meat with coffee and it will prevent iron problem.
With no starch you need more proteínas.
I went starch free long. Then had bananas.
When I use too much, even rice, I swell. And then wake up with esopage Burn.
And I take enzyms and betain hcl.
Bad liver I guess.
My best sugar is still honey.

Xisca

But I do have a tip, and wanted to share so you can experiment too.

Chew well of course, but always with saturated fat!
I am almost sure saturated fats protect by hiding the starch to the bad bugs, Who can thus get a harder job at fermenting.

OP
M

member 2106

I think I'm going to have to drastically reduce starches, as I have a very sensitive intestine, and it might be playing into my anxiety. To anyone who eats little to no starch: any tips for how to maintain this quite restrictive diet without under-eating?

RayPeatFan777

I think I'm going to have to drastically reduce starches, as I have a very sensitive intestine, and it might be playing into my anxiety. To anyone who eats little to no starch: any tips for how to maintain this quite restrictive diet without under-eating?
How did it go? only thing I can suggest to boost calories would be Ice Cream. It seems so hard to eat lets say 4,000 calories a day without starch if you're a male who might need that.

OP
M

member 2106

How did it go? only thing I can suggest to boost calories would be Ice Cream. It seems so hard to eat lets say 4,000 calories a day without starch if you're a male who might need that.

It didn't work. Far too restrictive. Potatoes and rice seem to warm me up anyway. But I still have intestinal irritation problems.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals