Sensitive Gut Solutions

M

member 2106

For people with very sensitive intestines, like me: what helped you?

Today I had homemade baked potato wedges - very well baked - and my gut has been disturbed, and bloated, and painful all day. I'm tempted to give up starch for a while - as per Ray's suggestion - but whenever I have tried that my metabolism seems to plummet. I can't drink OJ and milk all day.

White rice seems okay, most of the time, but there's a sense that because my gut is so unbelievable sensitive that I need only to eat the most easily digested of all foods. I avoid wheat almost entirely, as well as undercooked veg.

Hans

Forum Supporter
My wife has a very sensitive gut and what's helping is digestive enzymes and very easy digestible foods. Low stress is what works the best and then she can usually digest food properly that she would have normally have trouble with.

OP
M

member 2106

My wife has a very sensitive gut and what's helping is digestive enzymes and very easy digestible foods. Low stress is what works the best and then she can usually digest food properly that she would have normally have trouble with.

What foods does she struggle to digest?

Goat-e

+1 for digestive enzymes, to start you can take quite a lot with a starchy meal. But the thing which helped me the most was getting my stomach acid working properly. In the short term you could try Betaine HCL and see if that helps. If you're stomach's not acid enough then nothing 'downstream' will work properly.

stomach acid working properly. In the short term you could try Betaine HCL and see if that helps. If you're stomach's not acid enough then nothing 'downstream' will work properly.

Have you tried taking a moderate dose of salt in the morning? Say, 1 teaspoon?

The sodium becomes sodium bicarbonate and the chloride becomes hydrochloric acid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals