Source For "Peat Approved" Cascara Sagrada (Farmalabor)

Sam321

450mg of Cascara a day has worked wonders for my intestinal transit time (feeling like a Turk). Looked around for a better source than the NOW brand and stumbled upon this. Never tried it myself but am gonna give it a shot when I am out of my current stuff.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 12.43.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 12.43.50 PM.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 4

TomS

I have been using Swanson's Cascara Sagrada for 2 years.
When I take 1 or 2 capsules during evening, next morning I start my day in bathroom.
Next time I change to Now Foods' Cascara.
Today Swanson Cascara costs 2,69, NowFoods Cascara costs 3,54 USD at swanson website.

Inaut

I bought cascara from a health food store like 3 years ago. The cascara was probably sitting on the shelf for atleast two years before that. I think getting aged cascara is easier than one might think

Beastmode

Saturee brand is one that Peat has used pretty recently, and possibly still does. Their other products are great in my experience. However, I haven't tried the cascara yet.

gaze

Saturee brand is one that Peat has used pretty recently, and possibly still does. Their other products are great in my experience. However, I haven't tried the cascara yet.
saturee and LGS have the same product, it's just the cascara from farmalabor. however Saturees is 73 dollars for 75 grams (when you convert the 95 AUD to USD, because they're an australian company) while LGS is 30 dollars for 50 grams, so 45 dollars for 75 grams. so you would theoretically be overpaying quite a bit for saturees product

Beastmode

saturee and LGS have the same product, it's just the cascara from farmalabor. however Saturees is 73 dollars for 75 grams (when you convert the 95 AUD to USD, because they're an australian company) while LGS is 30 dollars for 50 grams, so 45 dollars for 75 grams. so you would theoretically be overpaying quite a bit for saturees product

Good to know. I wasn't aware of the price, just that Peat used it.

ladyjane

Good to know. I wasn't aware of the price, just that Peat used it.
i am also on a look out for the product. but did you notice though that both well promoted sources (saturee and LGS) of this Italian well aged cascara sagrada contain additional ingredient, i.e., Maltodextrin. don't you think it's too pricy to pay for the product that contain cheap ingredients obtained from wheat/corn/rice? which promote insulin spikes?

Last edited:

TomS

@fico
Yes, you are right, therefore I change to Now Foods' product.
Presently I am in Germany, here customs is far more strickest then other countries

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Regina Source Of Ray Peat Quote Ray Peat Quotes 4
dylan Low dose oral testosterone + uk source? Thyroid and Hormones 1
BearWithMe Good quality LED is much healthier light source than incandescent / halogen bulb Health 19
S Best source of pregnenolone Thyroid and Hormones 15
F Good aspirin source in the UK? Ask For Help or Advice 30
M Oysters not a good copper source ? Ask For Help or Advice 13
M Juices a good trace mineral source ? Diet 8
Gohan Tiromel/liothyronine Balkans source Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
meatbag GAVI Vaccine Alliance Is The Source Of Terror Behind Global Lockdowns And Vaccine Coercion Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 0
C T3 source Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 24
D Spinach seed oil, an amazing source of stearic acid and other satured fats Ask For Help or Advice 1
GreekDemiGod Haribo gummies as a Gelatin source? Diet 6
Momado965 Liquid tcopherol source E 2
theantagonist Source DHEA 5mg Europe/Uk Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 19
mayku-T-meelo Aspirin/Acetylsallicylic acid - source in Europe? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
milkboi European Source for SERMS Male Issues 0
R MSM Vs Glucosamine/chondroitin As A Source Of Sulfur? Supplements 2
Broken man Please Do You Know A Source Of Diosgenin? Ask For Help or Advice 2
G Help With T3 Source In Sweden/Nordics/Europe T3 6
T Biosporin Source Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 11
N Bromocriptine Source? Or Ergot Derivative Source Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 0
R Source Of Penicillin Vk? Ask For Help or Advice 7
Spartan300 Tribulus Source/Brand In UK Supplements 3
J Penicillin Source Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
K Looking For A Good Source Of MB To Canada Methylene Blue 4
Velve921 Cyproheptadine Source Ask For Help or Advice 3
T Pencillin VK Source? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
C Pine Pollen Source Supplements 1
L Is There A Good Source That Sells Vitamin K2 Powder? K 32
postman Apolactoferrim Source? Supplements 0
Y Best Source For Youth Steriods (preg/prog/dhea) From Eating Brains? Ask For Help or Advice 23
ImprovingDaily Anyone Got A Source Of Edible Hydrogenated Oils In The U.S Ask For Help or Advice 9
J The Safest Source Of PUFA Skin 40
J My Hair, The Very Source Of Stress, Which Led To Insomnia, Etc Hair & Nails 17
T Would Calcium Ascorbate Be A Good Source For Calcium Intake? Ask For Help or Advice 7
B The Single BIGGEST Source Of ALL Health Issues NO ONE TALKS ABOUT Health 62
Inaut Milk Shakes As The Ultimate Energy Source? Dairy 9
paulwalkerrip Natural Eggshell Membrane - Source Of Calcium? Supplements 2
milkboi Hydrogenated Coconut Oil German/European Source Coconut Oil 80
Francisco Thoughts On Daily Chocolate As A Major Source Of Nutrition Diet 35
Inaut Source For Pure Camphor Supplements 5
S OJ As A Main Source Of Carbs Diet 2
L European Source For Bromantane/Ladasten Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
L Grapes As A Main Source Of Carbs? Fruits & Fruit Juice 19
B Are K1 And MK7 Safe To Use Along With MK4? Does Source Matter? K 12
P Sour Tea(Hibiscus) As A Great Source Of Manganese Articles & Scientific Studies 4
haidut The Sun May Be A Significant Source Of Gamma-ray Radiation Scientific Studies 17
Broken man L-dehydroascorbic Acid Can Substitute L-ascorbic Acid As Dietary Vitamin C Source In Guinea Pigs Scientific Studies 2
S Best Source Of Brewers Yeast For The Uk? Discussing Dietary Models 0
ecstatichamster Do You Have A Good Source Of Progesterone Powder? Progesterone 13