Successful protocol for viral/fungal issues and vertigo/tinnitus

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Great your doing better. The tinnitus being better or worse realy comes and goes ... i can attest to that. The same goes for other symptoms at times imo.

I also realy like the quote of denise. Eating what you want when you want it and be healthy with it is like ... the dream no? Idk ... as a child/teenager i was able to do that. Miss thoose days.
Cheers Ben. I think even the weather can actually play a role too, I definitely notice when the air pressure changes and/or humidity it can make me feel better or worse, it must influence the inner ear somehow. To be honest I’d take the tinnitus and deafness in that ear now if you offered me no more dizziness/vertigo.

I think we all lost our way in one way or another from those days as a kid when metabolism was best. We all know enough now though to know which foods can provide us with certain nutrients over the course of day, week or month. Other than that maybe just avoid PUFA in the form of veg/seed oils etc and have at it.

Regina

Cheers Ben. I think even the weather can actually play a role too, I definitely notice when the air pressure changes and/or humidity it can make me feel better or worse, it must influence the inner ear somehow. To be honest I’d take the tinnitus and deafness in that ear now if you offered me no more dizziness/vertigo.

I think we all lost our way in one way or another from those days as a kid when metabolism was best. We all know enough now though to know which foods can provide us with certain nutrients over the course of day, week or month. Other than that maybe just avoid PUFA in the form of veg/seed oils etc and have at it.
I loved reading Denise Munger and followed Jaminet's diet and thoughts closely.
Peat's findings on persorption probably should not be ignored, nor the propensity for "complex carbs" to grow bacteria.
And celiac is not uncommon among northern europeans. I am northern european too.

Having said that, I have a hard time feeling satisfied without starch. Though baked or mashed potatoes with butter are very satisfying,

I am wondering more if it's the manufactured citric acid (in addition to wordly stress and horror and individually my misery of being in contractor's aliigator's mouth).

I am also suspicious of the unrelenting chemtrails and their effects.

Also my dog seems to have it too. :eek: I'm paranoid that when I was cleaning his ears, I got a nasty droplet in my left ear when he shook and splattered the drainage everywhere. ?

Also exposure to a large bunch of vaxxed retirees when I shopped at the grocery store where they shop.

Aaaaannnd, the magnetic polar shifts.

:tinfoilhat

Gustav3Y

I’ve also cut out added salt completely. The dizziness/vertigo has totally subsided in the last fortnight, but the tinnitus is still there, although not as pronounced.
In my case large salt amounts aggravate existing dizziness relatively quickly. But then I was never a person not to east salt, so these recommendations are often done in vacuum as not all dizziness is the same, not all people have permanent dizziness, not all people exclude adding salt to their diet in the first place.

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

I loved reading Denise Munger and followed Jaminet's diet and thoughts closely.
Peat's findings on persorption probably should not be ignored, nor the propensity for "complex carbs" to grow bacteria.
And celiac is not uncommon among northern europeans. I am northern european too.

Having said that, I have a hard time feeling satisfied without starch. Though baked or mashed potatoes with butter are very satisfying,

I am wondering more if it's the manufactured citric acid (in addition to wordly stress and horror and individually my misery of being in contractor's aliigator's mouth).

I am also suspicious of the unrelenting chemtrails and their effects.

Also my dog seems to have it too. :eek: I'm paranoid that when I was cleaning his ears, I got a nasty droplet in my left ear when he shook and splattered the drainage everywhere. ?

Also exposure to a large bunch of vaxxed retirees when I shopped at the grocery store where they shop.

Aaaaannnd, the magnetic polar shifts.

:tinfoilhat
I think the stuff on persorption is definitely relevant with raw and dry starches, but well boiled it doesn’t seem as much of a concern to me. I’m still avoiding potatoes though, still feel a bit off with them. Could be a nightshade thing perhaps. My sister is celiac so I’m still reluctant to add pasta back in yet, I used to get a lot of mouth ulcers years ago and I think gluten might have been involved. Not had them since cutting out gluten containing foods, but lots of people who are wheat intolerant do well with ancient grains like spelt.

Citric acid could be an issue. It’s definitely worth considering any supplements you’re taking - we’re very anti-Big pharma on here, but I think lots of the big supplement companies are no different. Who knows what‘s in some of the powders and potions many of us have been mega dosing, despite what’s listed on the label.

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

In my case large salt amounts aggravate existing dizziness relatively quickly. But then I was never a person not to east salt, so these recommendations are often done in vacuum as not all dizziness is the same, not all people have permanent dizziness, not all people exclude adding salt to their diet in the first place.
It‘s an interesting one as pretty much the standard Meniere’s advice is a low salt diet, but Ray has recommended people with Meniere’s up their sodium intake. I’ve definitely felt better cutting it out. Just getting a bit through pecorino cheese and whatever is in foods naturally now. As I said I’ve reduced calcium intake with less milk but potassium and magnesium levels still roughly where they were. Perhaps the balance between them all is better suited for me now.

Gustav3Y

It‘s an interesting one as pretty much the standard Meniere’s advice is a low salt diet, but Ray has recommended people with Meniere’s up their sodium intake.
Actually I have never felt any of the proposed Ray and acolytes large salt intake benefits.
As far as I am aware there are three claims of high salt doses:
- disappearing dizziness
- anxiety remover
- allergy inhibitor

Before even having any dizziness, when I have attempted large salt intakes with the purpose of removing anxiety it only installed anxiety faster.

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Actually I have never felt any of the proposed Ray and acolytes large salt intake benefits.
As far as I am aware there are three claims of high salt doses:
- disappearing dizziness
- anxiety remover
- allergy inhibitor

Before even having any dizziness, when I have attempted large salt intakes with the purpose of removing anxiety it only installed anxiety faster.
I’ve never really felt many positives from it either. If I’m honest that’s the case with lots of the typical recommendation for different nutrients and substances. I tend to feel much more noticeable impacts from removing things compared to adding stuff, especially supplements. I then wonder how many of the things I think I’ve felt are more a placebo effect as they tend not to last over time. I love Ray et al and what they stand for so I feel I’m naturally inclined to really want stuff to “work” to back up the mechanistic claims, but the reality is often underwhelming in my N = 1 experience.

ursidae

OP have you measured your fasting insulin, HbA1c, 2hr-OGTT? I'm asking because tinnitus is not a chronic issue for me but I start to get a very mild form of it when I stay quite sedentary for a couple of days while eating high carb, particularly rapid absorbing ones (fruit, juice, honey, overcooked and mashed potato). I actually went out of my way to research whether it's related to blood sugar and found this a while back
I haven't experimented with continuing the lifestyle to see if the tinnitus gets worse as the idea of growing increasingly hyperinsulinemic makes me nervous so I immediately get back on thiamine, increase my activity level and sometimes take a bit of chromium (not peat approved)

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

OP have you measured your fasting insulin, HbA1c, 2hr-OGTT? I'm asking because tinnitus is not a chronic issue for me but I start to get a very mild form of it when I stay quite sedentary for a couple of days while eating high carb, particularly rapid absorbing ones (fruit, juice, honey, overcooked and mashed potato). I actually went out of my way to research whether it's related to blood sugar and found this a while back
I haven't experimented with continuing the lifestyle to see if the tinnitus gets worse as the idea of growing increasingly hyperinsulinemic makes me nervous so I immediately get back on thiamine, increase my activity level and sometimes take a bit of chromium (not peat approved)
I haven’t had any labs done at all. It’s a long story but I wasn’t even registered with a doctor for over 10 years, so when all this kicked in it’s been a nightmare just getting in somewhere and I’ve got no relationship with a doctor to try and discuss things beyond the basic treatment they suggest for Meniere’s.

Thanks for that paper, it’s a good read with some good insight on inner ear metabolism. Interestingly, I’ve not noticed any worsening of tinnitus symptoms and dizziness has been gone since adding starches back into my diet, despite them being more insulinogenic. Likewise, I’ve gone from grazing on milk/fruit etc to three distinct and bigger meals, which is the opposite of what they recommend!

What’s the aim/effect of taking the chromium when you do?

ursidae

I haven’t had any labs done at all. It’s a long story but I wasn’t even registered with a doctor for over 10 years, so when all this kicked in it’s been a nightmare just getting in somewhere and I’ve got no relationship with a doctor to try and discuss things beyond the basic treatment they suggest for Meniere’s.

Thanks for that paper, it’s a good read with some good insight on inner ear metabolism. Interestingly, I’ve not noticed any worsening of tinnitus symptoms and dizziness has been gone since adding starches back into my diet, despite them being more insulinogenic. Likewise, I’ve gone from grazing on milk/fruit etc to three distinct and bigger meals, which is the opposite of what they recommend!

What’s the aim/effect of taking the chromium when you do?
I have noticed that less snacking and lower fructose carbs is what several people on here said they did to work on high triglycerides/fatty liver
if I haven't taken chromium in months usually I feel uplifted, almost happy, after the first dose and the effect fades by the second one. I take this as a sign that the deficiency has been corrected by this small amount and I don't need to take more. I take just one pill and then focus on thiamine/moving more, haven't experimented with taking chromium daily or frequently

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

UPDATE

So I decided to get a full thyroid panel done.

I've been doing OK with regards to the dizziness and vertigo (touch wood), and the tinnitus has been reduced. Professionally, I've been flying with lots of motivation and brain energy. However, the same physical fatigue, although nowhere near as pronounced, is still lurking. Sleep could be much better too, and cold hands can still be an issue some days.

The results (attached) are pretty much as expected. Highish TSH (in the Peat sphere at least) and low Vit D. That actually gave me an easy target to work on initially; my plan was just to implement a thyroid supplement properly and increase Vit D through a Sperti Lamp and possibly a D3 supplement.

However, the Thyroglobulin Antibodies number has thrown me a bit of a curve ball. It was flagged in the report as really high (216IU/mL, range is 0-115) and potentially linked to Hashimoto's.

I've emailed Ray to ask about it as I've not done any reading on it before or really considered it. Any input on that from people with knowledge or experience would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 1642063565549.png
    1642063565549.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 1642063587479.png
    1642063587479.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 1642063883799.png
    1642063883799.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 31
OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

I asked Ray about my results and the antibodies in particular.

Ray: “Prolonged stimulation by TSH promotes inflammation, and that leads to formation of antibodies. When TSH is normalized, the antibodies tend to subside over a period of several months. The low vitamin D contributes to an inflammatory state; keeping calcium intake high relative to phosphate supports vitamin D and thyroid functions.”

aniciete

Not too bad, gaze. Cheers for asking.

The amoxicillin did nothing noticeable this time. After going down some Ménière's rabbit holes I've basically gone full circle to how this thread started. Rather than being idiopathic (which is the doc's verdict, sigh), there's lots of stuff linking it to a viral origin, which was my experience in terms of the shingles outbreak I had that started all this. So I've gone back to mixing in some anti-viral/fungal herbs and substances and trying to keep metabolism up. I feel as if I have a threshold whereby if too many things mount up at the same time, that's when my metabolism/immune system gets too low and an attack kicks in. It was usually lifting weights that was the tipping point.

Things I've been using culled from a range of different protocols and suggestions here and elsewhere, the aim being to keep anything viral suppressed and immune system strong:

Olive leaf extract
Oregano oil
Coconut oil
Camu camu
Lysine
Glycine
Meth Blue
Pau D'Arco
Rhubarb root
Ginkgo Biloba
Blackseed oil
Activated charcoal (once a week)

Nutritionally I've really upped goat milk and cut back on fruits. It's just a lottery getting anything ripe and good quality in the UK so it's just not worth the potential gut issues. I still have organic white grapes and blueberries here and there, but mainly stick to OJ, pineapple juice and grape juice. It's really a case of the least worst foods, so other than that it's eggs, game meats, some seafood and organs, honey and mushrooms/carrots. I've nixed bone broth, chocolate, nutritional yeast and cheese as I think there is some potential triggering in there. My priorities are reducing oxidative stress and intestinal inflammation.

Nutritional supplements:

Magnesium (Oral glycinate and carbonate, chloride topically) daily
Health Natura B Complex daily - noticed a really nice boost having a drop with each meal
K2 few times a week
E once a week

One other thing I've been doing is refraining from blowing my nose too often/hard. When my sinus would feel bunged up I'd be constantly trying to clear it and I think that was causing problems by backing up into my eustachian tubes, which was then exacerbating dizziness etc. I found some interesting threads on the forum about LPR and there were lots of overlap with my sinus symptoms. The attached was useful and I think the B complex has been helping with this. I do a sinus rinse with salt, bicarb, xylitol and MB 2 or 3 times a week too.
Are you by chance still taking the health natura b complex? If so how is it?

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Are you by chance still taking the health natura b complex? If so how is it?
I use Forefront Health's now. I actually notice more of an effect from that one, but I think they're pretty much the same formula, so it could just be a placebo effect.

RealNeat

I know it can be overwhelming to figure these things out and go down the many rabbit holes but thinking a bit differently may help. For example fevers and gut cleaning protocols have been used for a long time for mystery isssues. Sauna (to mimic a fever) and colon hydrotherapy or even coffee enemas may assist in relieving symptoms. Max Gerson has a different approach to salt restriction than most MDs and his Gerson Therapy concepts he used to relieve his own symptoms may present you with some options.

I would consider age old medicines like TCM and Ayurveda, lots of wisdom there with the right practitioner.

Homeopathy doesn't really care about cause per say but will use your symptoms to treat, in a way unlike allopathy. Like treats like is the concept. Might be worth a shot either with your own deciphering of a remedy according to matching symptoms or with a practitioner.

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

UPDATE: It's been 5 months since the last one, so I thought I would add another.

Generally, things have been going well, and I feel like I have been making consistent progress symptom-wise. I haven't had any vertigo or dizziness since last year. My sinus is improving, with tinnitus still there but not as pronounced. My hearing in my left ear is at around 50% at the moment, which is actually a big improvement.

Dietwise, it's 3 solid meals a day. My mainstays are sprouted oats and lentils, jasmine rice, white sweet potatoes, raisins, bananas, blueberries, and pomegranate juice. Sometimes I have a frozen tropical fruit mix of pineapple, papaya, and mango. For protein (which I've cut back to about 80-90g a day), as well as the lentils, it's wild venison, lamb, tinned tuna or salmon, mussels, a couple of oysters a day, and occasional lamb liver. Fat is from 20g of cocoa butter with each meal and a couple of egg yolks a day. The biggest change is that I've totally cut out dairy for the last 2 months and get calcium from powdered eggshell. Carbs are roughly 350-400g and fat is 90-100g.

My focus has still been on the viral/fungal aspect. To that end, my "stack" has been consistent for the last couple of months: Pau D'Arco, Gingko Biloba, Camu Camu, Olive Leaf Extract, Lysine, and D3 (10k IU initially, now down to 5k). I have a raw ginger tea twice a day too. I find using activated charcoal every 2 or 3 days before bed really helps keep things in check. I also have a little raw desiccated thyroid (Forefront Health), a few of drops of B-Complex (Health Natura), Magnesium Carbonate, and more recently, 40mg of Pregnenolone daily. Intermittently, I'll take Vit E and K2 too.

Since I started with the cocoa butter, I've lost around 3.5kg and hover around 80-81kg now (not trying to lose weight). I walk every day and play golf this time of year. If I feel lower on energy or colder, I just cut back on activity and take it easy. Training has been a once-a-week full-body workout of one set to failure on 6 or 7 exercises. It takes around 20 minutes. I feel like I've maintained muscle on that and massively cut down on stress from lifting too often and too heavy.

My plan is to re-do the same labs I had in January in the next month or so to see if my TSH and the thyroid antibodies have come down at all. Hopefully it matches up with the improvement in symptoms?

ursidae

huh. I've developed dizziness and vertigo upon reintroduction of dairy and eggs in an attempt to increase my choline intake and raise acetylcholine levels. I've noticed anticholinergic drugs are prescribed for vertigo and apparently ACH affects the muscarinic receptors in the vestibular nucleus. The dairy might be triggering increased mucus production and congestion of the Eustachian tube

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals