Cascara Sagrada Powder - Ray Peat Recommended Cascara From Farmalabor In Italy

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
LifeGivingStore

RobinH

I'm pretty new to Peat's work but recently purchased this stuff from Life Giving Store. I don't have constipation issues most of the time, but I do have some issues with slowed metabolism. I'm addressing it in every way I can (diet, T3, stress reduction, circadian rhythm, long walks, short sprints, pregnenolone, etc.), and still having issues, so I thought I'd give the cascara a try. I've been doing the tiny scoop (100 mg) per day for the last few days. Has anyone noticed metabolic effects, and if so how quickly? Should I try to go to 200mg?

johnsmith

@RobinH Yes, I would. I took three scoops over three days and didn't notice much bowel relief action, so I'm going to go up to 2 scoops next. She mentions on the bag to start with half a scoop. She's being precautious, and operating out of lifegivinglovingcompassion.

And the packaging of this product is beautiful. Great stuff

RobinH

@RobinH Yes, I would. I took three scoops over three days and didn't notice much bowel relief action, so I'm going to go up to 2 scoops next. She mentions on the bag to start with half a scoop. She's being precautious, and operating out of lifegivinglovingcompassion.

Thanks for your response johnsmith. I feel a little silly now, because until I read what you said, I hadn't noticed that there were directions on the back of the package. I must be really distracted lately! I agree that the product appears to be of high quality. Very aromatic and fresh. Please update if you have any interesting results, and I will do the same!

OP
LifeGivingStore
I'm pretty new to Peat's work but recently purchased this stuff from Life Giving Store. I don't have constipation issues most of the time, but I do have some issues with slowed metabolism. I'm addressing it in every way I can (diet, T3, stress reduction, circadian rhythm, long walks, short sprints, pregnenolone, etc.), and still having issues, so I thought I'd give the cascara a try. I've been doing the tiny scoop (100 mg) per day for the last few days. Has anyone noticed metabolic effects, and if so how quickly? Should I try to go to 200mg?
Hi Robin! We sincerely appreciate your order!

As johnsmith said we are operating out of an abundance of caution when suggesting starting dose. Some might find that 100mg is too much so we err on the side of caution and suggest everyone start low and then work their way up once they see the feedback their body gives them.

Please keep us updated on how it goes!

She's being precautious, and operating out of lifegivinglovingcompassion.
This is exactly true. :)

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are very happy with the packaging and were super excited when those pouches arrived, the color and quality is really great. And we agree, this Cascara is truly great stuff. :)
I feel a little silly now, because until I read what you said, I hadn't noticed that there were directions on the back of the package.
Thank you for bringing this up. We are considering adding something to the front letting you know that the directions are on the back of the package. We will see if we can find room for that next time we go to the printers.
I agree that the product appears to be of high quality. Very aromatic and fresh.
Sincerely appreciate the feedback, thank you!

We are continually working to improve and welcome any feedback, comments, or suggestions.

aarfai

How much are you guys taking? I've been dealing with diarrhea issues forever and even before trying this cascara. I believe I have intestinal irritation (idk how to prove this) and constant diarrhea. I also consistently have low cholesterol on blood results which Ray points to the intestines as the probable cause. So I'm not sure if I should up the cascara? I currently take 100mg before bed but I still have diarrhea during the day. Will upping the cascara help the bowel inflammation and diarrhea?

My diet consists of 2% milk, OJ and fruit mostly. I would appreciate the help

Last edited:
L

lollipop

How much are you guys taking? I've been dealing with diarrhea issues forever and even before trying this cascara. I believe I have intestinal irritation (idk how to prove this) and constant diarrhea. I also consistently have low cholesterol on blood results which Ray points to the intestines as the probable cause. So I'm not sure if I should up the cascara? I currently take 100mg before bed but I still have diarrhea during the day. Will upping the cascara help the bowel inflammation and diarrhea?

My diet consists of 2% milk, OJ and fruit mostly. I would appreciate the help
Could your diet be causing the diarrhea? Have you tried some muscle meat, maybe some potatoes? Somehow when I read your post it did not seem like you need more cascara but more solid food? Anyway, just a lone thought I had and felt to share with you...fwiw...

Zpol

How do you all take this product? I currently take a capsule form, 1600mg per day but would like to switch to the Farmalabor product. The taste of the powder is too nauseating to take straight up, and too hard for me to manually encapsulate.
Do you make tea, use lots of honey, or something else?
I imagine 1600mg is about a tablespoon so it's alot to stomach straight up.

Does it need to be taken with warm water to be effective as a laxative?

L

lollipop

How do you all take this product? I currently take a capsule form, 1600mg per day but would like to switch to the Farmalabor product. The taste of the powder is too nauseating to take straight up, and too hard for me to manually encapsulate.
Do you make tea, use lots of honey, or something else?
I imagine 1600mg is about a tablespoon so it's alot to stomach straight up.

Does it need to be taken with warm water to be effective as a laxative?
I had to take a bit because of Thanksgiving and I made a small “shot” - 3 ounces of a heavily honeyed 1/4 of lemon fresh squeezed and water and the cascara powder. It was super sweet because I swallowed quickly and then drank some water to wash down, I barely noticed the flavor.

sladerunner69

The whole point of cascara is to clear out the system. I think its to be expected but I could be wrong?
My thought as well. Stimulates everything to move.

I had similar thoughts as you two, but the label of my cascara says to discontinue use right away if I experience watery stools or diarrhea or abnominal pain.

All of which I did experience yesterday...

L

lollipop

I had similar thoughts as you two, but the label of my cascara says to discontinue use right away if I experience watery stools or diarrhea or abnominal pain.

All of which I did experience yesterday...
I would watch it @sladerunner69. If it continues then lower dose and/or stop. If a one time experience, might be a good cleaning.