Source For "Peat Approved" Cascara Sagrada (Farmalabor)

Sam321

450mg of Cascara a day has worked wonders for my intestinal transit time (feeling like a Turk). Looked around for a better source than the NOW brand and stumbled upon this. Never tried it myself but am gonna give it a shot when I am out of my current stuff.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 12.43.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 12.43.50 PM.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 29
I've been using the cascara sagrada from LGS for a few months, and it works well for me.

TomS

I have been using Swanson's Cascara Sagrada for 2 years.
When I take 1 or 2 capsules during evening, next morning I start my day in bathroom.
Next time I change to Now Foods' Cascara.
Today Swanson Cascara costs 2,69, NowFoods Cascara costs 3,54 USD at swanson website.

Inaut

I bought cascara from a health food store like 3 years ago. The cascara was probably sitting on the shelf for atleast two years before that. I think getting aged cascara is easier than one might think

Beastmode

Saturee brand is one that Peat has used pretty recently, and possibly still does. Their other products are great in my experience. However, I haven't tried the cascara yet.

gaze

Saturee brand is one that Peat has used pretty recently, and possibly still does. Their other products are great in my experience. However, I haven't tried the cascara yet.
saturee and LGS have the same product, it's just the cascara from farmalabor. however Saturees is 73 dollars for 75 grams (when you convert the 95 AUD to USD, because they're an australian company) while LGS is 30 dollars for 50 grams, so 45 dollars for 75 grams. so you would theoretically be overpaying quite a bit for saturees product

Beastmode

saturee and LGS have the same product, it's just the cascara from farmalabor. however Saturees is 73 dollars for 75 grams (when you convert the 95 AUD to USD, because they're an australian company) while LGS is 30 dollars for 50 grams, so 45 dollars for 75 grams. so you would theoretically be overpaying quite a bit for saturees product

Good to know. I wasn't aware of the price, just that Peat used it.

ladyjane

Good to know. I wasn't aware of the price, just that Peat used it.
i am also on a look out for the product. but did you notice though that both well promoted sources (saturee and LGS) of this Italian well aged cascara sagrada contain additional ingredient, i.e., Maltodextrin. don't you think it's too pricy to pay for the product that contain cheap ingredients obtained from wheat/corn/rice? which promote insulin spikes?

Last edited:

TomS

@fico
Yes, you are right, therefore I change to Now Foods' product.
Presently I am in Germany, here customs is far more strickest then other countries