Something's Not Right

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
If temp goes down after breakfast, then maybe it was stress hormones keeping your temp that high and the breakfast calmed them down.

OP
S

stressucks

Charlie said:
If temp goes down after breakfast, then maybe it was stress hormones keeping your temp that high and the breakfast calmed them down.

It seems like there's probably a bit of that going on.

I guess I need to work on stress levels. Meditation or something...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
stressucks said:
Charlie said:

Improving metabolism is what will do it. Meditation should always be helpful though. I need to do more of it.

OP
S

stressucks

Charlie said:
stressucks said:
Charlie said:

Improving metabolism is what will do it. Meditation should always be helpful though. I need to do more of it.

It's weird, I've always been told I have a high metabolism because I can eat whatever I want and not put on weight... but I have low temps.

OP
S

stressucks

Awesome!

98.1/52 Before breakfast

Breakfast of OJ, Milk, Raspberries.

1 hour later:

98.1/53.

---

I'm not sure what temp I'm aiming for yet, some say that range is good. But I'm happy that the temps didn't drop after breakfast and that I'm consistently seeing higher temps. Excited to make progress.

jyb

stressucks said:
It's weird, I've always been told I have a high metabolism because I can eat whatever I want and not put on weight... but I have low temps.

I'm in the same category. Seems like the food is used up because no weight gain, just not efficiently (oxidative metabolism of glucose). But that's just another form of hypothyroidism, I'm not aware of any approach to the problem specific to this situation.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
stressucks said:
I'm not sure what temp I'm aiming for yet, some say that range is good. But I'm happy that the temps didn't drop after breakfast and that I'm consistently seeing higher temps. Excited to make progress.
Basal temp 97.8 to 98.2 and pulse around 80-90 is what you are aiming for. Basal metabolic rate is your pulse and temp upon waking before getting out of bed and moving much.

OP
S

stressucks

Charlie said:
stressucks said:
Basal temp 97.8 to 98.2 and pulse around 80-90 is what you are aiming for. Basal metabolic rate is your pulse and temp upon waking before getting out of bed and moving much.

I wonder why my pulse is so low still.

Should i expect my temps to come up to 98.6 as the day goes on?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
stressucks said:
Low metabolic rate.

Yes, and even a bit higher when things are running well.

OP
S

stressucks

Charlie said:
stressucks said:
Low metabolic rate.

Yes, and even a bit higher when things are running well.

Interesting, for some reason I was thinking that if the temps are correct, the metabolic rate is good. I need to do some more reading.

OP
S

stressucks

Ok, so temps are definitely dropping post meals.

It's weird because I used to have low temp numbers in the mornings, so my temps would actually rise some (but not get to where they should be). Now my morning temp seems good, but the day temps are lower.

Not sure if that's good or what to think of it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hypothesis here. Thyroid output or sensitivity towards thyroid hormones could be improving, making your body more sensitive to adrenaline, which would raise your temps, after you eat adrenaline goes down and so goes your temps.

I would think this is improvement.

OP
S

stressucks

Last night I suddenly realized that my heart palpitations stopped since eating like this. I used to get heart palpitations when eating starchy carbs.
I've also been feeling a lot better the last couple days, like I'm coming out of some sort of fog.

One negative though is when I don't eat frequently enough I get stressed/annoyed/anxiety.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
stressucks said:
Last night I suddenly realized that my heart palpitations stopped since eating like this. I used to get heart palpitations when eating starchy carbs.
I've also been feeling a lot better the last couple days, like I'm coming out of some sort of fog.
Nice!!!

OP
S

stressucks

Pretty excited again.

I've felt great all day today and I haven't noticed any itchy scalp/hair loss stuff. Energy levels were really consistent and I felt alert/smart/sharp all day, moreso than usual. Great mood all day.

Pre dinner temp: 98.8/56 (hadn't eaten in awhile)
Dinner was Oysters, Grapes, OJ, Milk
60 or 90 min post dinner: 98.8/58

As always some negatives. The reason I remembered the heart palpitation thing I posted about above is that I had one earlier. I had like 4 or 5 today. I wonder if it's my heart kicking into gear to get my BPM up or something haha.

Another negative is that while my hands are warmer, they still aren't warm. particularly in the morning (my temps also seem to be lower in the morning).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
stressucks said:
Not nitpicking, just pointing out what I see. OJ will increase your iron absorption with the oysters. Milk is also reported to block zinc absorption, not sure if that's true though? I usually drink my mexican coke with oysters since it should help with lowering iron absorption, but it looks like mexican coke is out now. Coffee after oysters is a good move.
As always some negatives. The reason I remembered the heart palpitation thing I posted about above is that I had one earlier. I had like 4 or 5 today. I wonder if it's my heart kicking into gear to get my BPM up or something haha.
A lot of adjustments are being made inside your body, maybe this is one of them?
(my temps also seem to be lower in the morning).
On awakening is when you should have your lowest temp.

OP
S

stressucks

Charlie said:
stressucks said:
Not nitpicking, just pointing out what I see. OJ will increase your iron absorption with the oysters. Milk is also reported to block zinc absorption, not sure if that's true though? I usually drink my mexican coke with oysters since it should help with lowering iron absorption, but it looks like mexican coke is out now. Coffee after oysters is a good move.
A lot of adjustments are being made inside your body, maybe this is one of them?
(my temps also seem to be lower in the morning).
On awakening is when you should have your lowest temp.

Really appreciate the tips/advice. I usually do milk/OJ seperate from oysters. I usually do have oysters with fruit though. Going to work on that. My iron numbers have tested low in the past, so I'm not super concerned with that, though I maybe should be now.

my temps have been around 98 in the morning, then lowering after breakfast to mid 97, sometimes lower. maybe this pattern is changing though.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction with all of this stuff.

OP
S

stressucks

Morning temps steady around 98.1. Been waking up earlier lately... not sure if good or bad.

Hands still cold in mornings.

Pulse creeping up.

J

j.

stressucks said:
I feel a LOT better on days I supplement with iodine vs days I don't

Related Peat quote:

Ray Peat said:
High iodine intake can suppress TSH, and since high TSH is pro-inflammatory, the iodine can have some protective anti-inflammatory actions, but in the long run, the thyroid suppression becomes a problem.”

Link

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals